First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT crew w/2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Keep in mind, not a single person has reported a 7MT failure yet. Sure, we hear scraping noises but Ford is already aware the issue exists, and is trying to fix it (as slow as they may be moving). I haven’t seen a single report of someone’s 7MT failing yet.
Yes. Not yet anyway; I just noticed mine yesterday a.m. after sitting overbite (warm garage) so noise(s)/symptoms not as pronounced? Still call dealer---noises in trannys like these foretell bigger problems down the road. FORD needs to address the issue NOW---NOT f'n later.....as usual.
Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. Not yet anyway; I just noticed mine yesterday a.m. after sitting overbite (warm garage) so noise(s)/symptoms not as pronounced? Still call dealer---noises in trannys like these foretell bigger problems down the road. FORD needs to address the issue NOW---NOT f'n later.....as usual.
There’s a TSB, and not a single person who’s gotten it done has had the issue come back yet.

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So an ineffective TSB, replacement transmissions aren't fixing it. What's next? CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT?

Sponsored
OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

165 confirmed on the Poll as making the noise. Spreadsheet at roughly 90 reported with details.

Blown331

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had my 7-speed for about 6 weeks. It only has 309 miles and no noise yet. I was thinking about what might actually be causing this. Does anyone know if this transmission has a fluid pump? ZF Transmissions do. Since this noise seems to be extremely dependent upon temperature I'm thinking the thickness of oil is a factor. What if when it's cold and the oil gets thick, the oil pump can't sufficiently lubricate that synchronizer until warm. Once the damage is done, it's going to need repair. I'm keeping my Bronco out of the road salt for now so the extremely cold starts are going to be limited. I'm thinking I can make it until summer without inducing the noise. I'm hoping by next winter they have an actual fix, maybe a larger pump or maybe the pressurized fluid is leaking out along its path. Perhaps how the vehicle is treated when started cold plays a factor as well. If you start it up and just start driving and that synchronizer is unlubricated and you're putting driving loads on it that could do some damage. If it sits and idles with no load until somewhat warm that could help. Just brainstorming. Could be completely off base and maybe it doesn't even have a pump. Lol.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had my 7-speed for about 6 weeks. It only has 309 miles and no noise yet. I was thinking about what might actually be causing this. Does anyone know if this transmission has a fluid pump? ZF Transmissions do. Since this noise seems to be extremely dependent upon temperature I'm thinking the thickness of oil is a factor. What if when it's cold and the oil gets thick, the oil pump can't sufficiently lubricate that synchronizer until warm. Once the damage is done, it's going to need repair. I'm keeping my Bronco out of the road salt for now so the extremely cold starts are going to be limited. I'm thinking I can make it until summer without inducing the noise. I'm hoping by next winter they have an actual fix, maybe a larger pump or maybe the pressurized fluid is leaking out along its path. Perhaps how the vehicle is treated when started cold plays a factor as well. If you start it up and just start driving and that synchronizer is unlubricated and you're putting driving loads on it that could do some damage. If it sits and idles with no load until somewhat warm that could help. Just brainstorming. Could be completely off base and maybe it doesn't even have a pump. Lol.
No fluid pump in this transmission, like most manuals.

Blown331

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No fluid pump in this transmission, like most manuals.
Well there goes that theory. Lol. I still feel like lack of lubrication to that area due to thicker oil in low temps could be the cause.

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just to add to your synopsis..... I have literally waited for my warm up cycle to end ever single time I jump in mine and drive. Like it's required to drive it. Mine has been making the noise since between 300-500 miles. I noticed mine when temps started falling between 50-40*f. It gets worse or better as temps fluctuate so I think it is a mix of things with part expansion and tolerances and lubrication not getting to those parts before friction does it's damage personally. Love the vehicle but I am really dreading the transmission work.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well there goes that theory. Lol. I still feel like lack of lubrication to that area due to thicker oil in low temps could be the cause.
I tried overfilling mine slightly (maybe an additional quart). It didn't completely get rid of the noise, but it did improve slightly. Hard to say because mine had only just started, but was very noticeable at 1st. Now it's sporadic, and only present for a minute or 2 after dead cold start. Could just be additional fluid acting as a sound deadening, or additional drag on the free-spinning internals slowing them to a speed that makes the noise almost undetectable. Either way I can't call it a "fix", and I don't think a concrete "fix" has been found yet. I also don't think there's evidence yet that the noise has anything to do with damage inside the trans...certainly sounds like it, but all (or most) of these trannys are making this noise and we haven't heard of a single one self destructing yet. It's a wierd one, thats for sure!

Blown331

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried overfilling mine slightly (maybe an additional quart). It didn't completely get rid of the noise, but it did improve slightly. Hard to say because mine had only just started, but was very noticeable at 1st. Now it's sporadic, and only present for a minute or 2 after dead cold start. Could just be additional fluid acting as a sound deadening, or additional drag on the free-spinning internals slowing them to a speed that makes the noise almost undetectable. Either way I can't call it a "fix", and I don't think a concrete "fix" has been found yet. I also don't think there's evidence yet that the noise has anything to do with damage inside the trans...certainly sounds like it, but all (or most) of these trannys are making this noise and we haven't heard of a single one self destructing yet. It's a wierd one, thats for sure!
I think I'll try over filling mine. It hasn't started the noise yet.

bonewizzo

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bigbend 2dr MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey all. Just purchased a 23 Big Bend 2Dr/MT On 6 Jan. The transmission noise started with me after about 200 miles and has been progressively getting worse. It’s identical to the video. Just got it back from dealer with a ”normal noise” explanation.
My Pre collision assist doesn’t work either….
Beyond furious….
So Ford corporate ended up reaching out to me this week. But bottom line, they can’t do anything until an actual dealer finds and confirms there’s a problem.

So I am waiting on an appointment to go to another local Ford dealer and let them look at it. Estimated wait time is 14 days. Still getting the noise even while driving now.

After reading other posts on the same problem, I’m almost wondering if it’s better to wait on the repair. It seems like Fords current repair solution isn’t actually fixing the problem and it ends up happening again!

I also now have a new problem in that the alarm is going off, and I’m getting notification via FordPass app that someone is trying to open my hood. Except they are not! I’ve never had so many glitches before with a new vehicle purchase.

Ford Bronco Is your 7MT manual transmission making grinding / scraping noise too? Spreadsheet, Video and all resources for rotational scraping noise in the 7MT's 1674931602995

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So Ford corporate ended up reaching out to me this week. But bottom line, they can’t do anything until an actual dealer finds and confirms there’s a problem.

So I am waiting on an appointment to go to another local Ford dealer and let them look at it. Estimated wait time is 14 days. Still getting the noise even while driving now.

After reading other posts on the same problem, I’m almost wondering if it’s better to wait on the repair. It seems like Fords current repair solution isn’t actually fixing the problem and it ends up happening again!

I also now have a new problem in that the alarm is going off, and I’m getting notification via FordPass app that someone is trying to open my hood. Except they are not! I’ve never had so many glitches before with a new vehicle purchase.

Ford Bronco Is your 7MT manual transmission making grinding / scraping noise too? Spreadsheet, Video and all resources for rotational scraping noise in the 7MT's 1674931602995
Hood adjustment has been a minor issue for many...that should be a relatively easy fix
Sponsored