SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe the C version of the part was the original. See the link.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...aping-noise-grinding-sound.33282/post-1715013
Yes. Nothing I said contradicts that.

The original parts versions were:
  • MU7Z-7107-A: first revision of the 1/2 synchros
  • MU7Z-7107-B: first revision of the 3/4 synchros
  • MU7Z-7107-C: first revision of the 5/6 synchros
The MU7Z-7107-D revision is a part that supersedes MU7Z-7107-C as the new 5/6 synchro. So now, the following parts are current revision:
  • MU7Z-7107-A: first revision of the 1/2 synchros
  • MU7Z-7107-B: first revision of the 3/4 synchros
  • MU7Z-7107-D: second revision of the 5/6 synchros

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, just stating in case others were curious. This thead is miles long and stuff gets burried. The current TSB just changes out parts with the same. Seems odd.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, just stating in case others were curious. This thead is miles long and stuff gets burried. The current TSB just changes out parts with the same. Seems odd.
to be clear, a superseded part will automatically be ordered instead of the original part listed. The TSB won’t get updated, and everyone ordering TSB parts today will get the updated -D revision.

It’s confusing for sure, but commonplace for Ford.

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took delivery 9/22, noticed noise ~200miles...brought into dealer to document. Had other issues to resolve, opened case w/ Ford. Was talking w/ one of Elena Ford's direct reports who mentioned the TSB (this was right at release). Called dealer 12/7/22, gave him TSB number. Ordered parts, dropped off Bronco 12/13/22. They found other issues (output shaft related), other parts were needed and due to open case...parts were expediated. 3/1/23 picked up Bronco (again, host of other issues besides TSB). Added almost 200miles to OD, do not hear any noise.
Oh yeh. Elena Ford. She sent me a dealership survey for the Sales department. (I'm pretty sure she didn't personally send me the survey........I didn't realize she was truly part of the Ford family.)

Sponsored

MaxBadland

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spreadsheet for tracking logistics and resolution
Please do not sort or manipulate the original, export the data. If for some reason the spreadsheet has been accidently modified DM me and I can restore it from automated backup.
@I3lackRose (or anyone who knows the answer) what is the "Blend Date" listed in the spreadsheet? I see the link for getting the transmission's build date, but no mention of how to find the "blend date"...

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Blend date should be on your window sticker, middle top.

MaxBadland

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Blend date should be on your window sticker, middle top.
Ah ha. Thank you! Interesting, my actual (physical) sticker is missing that info, but the digital version had it. I guess the format is: ignore position 1, then YYYYMMDD in case anyone else was curious (image below taken from a post on https://thebronconation.com/)
Ford Bronco Is your 7MT manual transmission making grinding / scraping noise too? Spreadsheet, Video and all resources for rotational scraping noise in the 7MT's 1680183649615

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Now its been 5 months, and I'm at 5,200mi and the noise has slowly progressed into 1st and 2nd gear even after driving for more than an hour, and continues to make noise even while hot and in neutral. I've also begun to notice a strange burning smell after long drives around town and on highway going back home. The noise is easy to ignore, and with the radio at volume 4, you'll never notice it's even there.

***Edit: Seeing there's no aftermarket fluid that meets Ford's WSS-M2C200-D2 spec or exceeds it. I'll just let this transmission ride til it grenades. I got a J20 Jeep to drive when/if this MT88 blows it's Chinese casing out of this Bronco.***
I've starting to smell this also.
In other news, the bride heard the noise for the first time this weekend during our trip to the Big Smoke and now she's alarmed and concerned, not sure about taking it on long distance journeys. I told her they mostly all seem to do this and nobody has lost a transmission, and when Ford has a fix that works I'll get it taken care of then.
Mine is definitely getting louder.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I habe this same hot oil smell as well after a good 30 to 60 minutes of driving.

Sponsored

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just dropped my Bronco off at the dealer for a look at the trans and headlight switch. Feels like leaving a puppy at the vet.

rzshootr

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 Etron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sooooo… my bronco now has about 2000 miles on it. I noticed the noise immediately when the vehicle had less than 50 miles on it. And I took it back to the dealership right away. That was about two and a half months ago. Flash forward to today, I just got it back from the service dept. They replaced the entire transmission as promised. It only took them one full day to do it. That surprised me. Anyway, the rock crusher noise is completely gone for now. Hopefully Ford got this new replacement tranny right and the noise won’t come back. Just wanted to post my experience here as well as in another thread. If you have this weird noise I would get the tranny replaced under warranty.

Also, the paperwork says they installed MBZ 7003 A

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sooooo… my bronco now has about 2000 miles on it. I noticed the noise immediately when the vehicle had less than 50 miles on it. And I took it back to the dealership right away. That was about two and a half months ago. Flash forward to today, I just got it back from the service dept. They replaced the entire transmission as promised. It only took them one full day to do it. That surprised me. Anyway, the rock crusher noise is completely gone for now. Hopefully Ford got this new replacement tranny right and the noise won’t come back. Just wanted to post my experience here as well as in another thread. If you have this weird noise I would get the tranny replaced under warranty.

Good luck and godspeed. I had the same replacement in December and it lasted about 500miles before returning.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I find it sad that they have a newer version (E) that is supposed to correct the issue but do not communicate it well enough to the dealers. No wonder Ford lost over $2 billion to repairs.
Sponsored