Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Many of you have voiced my exact life. I've chosen just not to talk about it with the SO, but thats only driven me to be on these forums MORE!

I've begun subconsciously getting the thought of living the Bronco life, into her head, without explicitly mentioning the Bronco. At first she didn't really understand why I wanted the Bronco but then I reminded her how much her and I always wanted a jeep, as a fun car. So now she gets the allure. But then I talked about it too much and ruined the momentum there.

So instead I talk about all the weekender trips I'd like to do next year to remote picturesque locations like Maine, Rhode island, Niagara falls, camping by a river, fishing at a remote lake. When she asks how we are doing all this with my 10 year old car (because she would never do car camping in her new BMW), I remind her I won't have my ten year old car ?
Sponsored

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well yes but with some other feelings...

• My wife is absolutely over hearing about it daily. It's gotten to the point that every time I want to show her something she prefaces the conversation with: "This isn't about the Bronco is it?"
  • My 16 yo daughter is just jealous because she wanted a Jeep for her first car. Sorry wasn't going to happen ($$$$). I did tell her that I wasn't going to buy a Jeep before she got one. She tried to call me out on it with the Bronco but I got her on a technicality that it's "not" a Jeep. The questions have already started: "Can I take it to hang out with my friends?" o_O "Will you buy a manual and teach me to drive it?" didn't really want a manual..
  • My 10 yo daughter just doesn't like change so she is excited yet reluctant for my car to "change". She cried when I traded in my truck a couple years ago for the Explorer because that was all she ever knew that I drove. She will be super excited once we take that first ride with the top off. She has already stated that she will have to always have a hair tie with her because her hair will fly around like crazy.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The CFO want this all to be over with so that I will get off this website and resume a normal life. :cool:

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. I wore them out for a while with it but have chilled out some in the past 2 weeks. Honestly after the color selection was finalized and the B&P came out and I decided on a build, it's just a waiting game now. All the speculation and hand-wringing is done.
I have eyed the 4 Runner TRD PRO lately in that grey, talked about it, pointed them out in parking lots, asking myself and my fam "Should I get one of those NOW or wait on the Bronc?"
They do appreciate the TRD as do I, but the consensus is to keep on waiting and hopefully it doesn't snow bunghole deep to a Giraffe this winter.
Our plan is to break it in right with a cross-country trip right off the bat, something that I am actually more excited about than the Bronc.
And it is also what keeps me focused on waiting.
I'd rather all of us be able to see the Pacific off of Big Sur with the doors off rather than out of an ordinary roll-down window. It's just sometimes the experiences that are worth more than the object itself. Most of the time, actually. Maybe even ALL of the time. Memories are priceless. Stuff is just...stuff.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife is excited for me, and I think deep down she is as well. I fixed up a friend's old CJ and we went for a test drive, no doors and top and she thought that was pretty cool. I think (hope) she will enjoy the Bronco more than she thinks. The only thing we aren't in agreement on is trading in my Mustang GT for it.

Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This thread was kinda a downer I’m not gonna lie haha

Maybe I’ve just not talked about it too much but wife REALLY wants cactus grey with white top as in the promo shoots. So that’ll prob be the color and if white top is available in 22 by the time my reservation rolls around cool and if not can always upgrade the top later down the line.

Only complaint was that it’s not big enough. But she thinks the only appropriate size vehicle for 4 ppl is an expedition XL so...

Two boys 4 & 7 so of course they’ve signed off. I try not to talk about it too much bc it’s still a ways away.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Many of you have voiced my exact life. I've chosen just not to talk about it with the SO, but thats only driven me to be on these forums MORE!

I've begun subconsciously getting the thought of living the Bronco life, into her head, without explicitly mentioning the Bronco. At first she didn't really understand why I wanted the Bronco but then I reminded her how much her and I always wanted a jeep, as a fun car. So now she gets the allure. But then I talked about it too much and ruined the momentum there.

So instead I talk about all the weekender trips I'd like to do next year to remote picturesque locations like Maine, Rhode island, Niagara falls, camping by a river, fishing at a remote lake. When she asks how we are doing all this with my 10 year old car (because she would never do car camping in her new BMW), I remind her I won't have my ten year old car ?

Ulysses

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm of course excited, and I don't mean to speak for my dog, but I assume she'll be excited. My wife, however, I think is mixed on the ordeal. She's excited to have a new vehicle and the whole reason we're getting a Bronco was meant to be a surprise gift from her to me, so there's that good feeling. But I'm glad she told me so we can build a more balanced budget ahead of time to accommodate the expense.

All in all I think we're generally feeling positive.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The CFO want this all to be over with so that I will get off this website and resume a normal life. :cool:
I surmise, once I place the order, my time on this site will subside. But I'll stick check it weekly to catch wind if Ford updated their b&p to include closer to the 200 accessories they were touting

I foresee from order time to delivery, I would have paid almost my cars down payment in accessories before I even received the vehicle !

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No because it's not gonna be in my driveway for a longtime still and I won't shut up about it

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well yes but with some other feelings...

• My wife is absolutely over hearing about it daily. It's gotten to the point that every time I want to show her something she prefaces the conversation with: "This isn't about the Bronco is it?"
  • My 16 yo daughter is just jealous because she wanted a Jeep for her first car. Sorry wasn't going to happen ($$$$). I did tell her that I wasn't going to buy a Jeep before she got one. She tried to call me out on it with the Bronco but I got her on a technicality that it's "not" a Jeep. The questions have already started: "Can I take it to hang out with my friends?" o_O "Will you buy a manual and teach me to drive it?" didn't really want a manual..
  • My 10 yo daughter just doesn't like change so she is excited yet reluctant for my car to "change". She cried when I traded in my truck a couple years ago for the Explorer because that was all she ever knew that I drove. She will be super excited once we take that first ride with the top off. She has already stated that she will have to always have a hair tie with her because her hair will fly around like crazy.
Similar situation here.

My wife is onboard and pretty excited about it. She and I have actually agreed on every detail so far, which is kinda cool. But I think she would definitely appreciate if I brought it up a little less.

Our youngest is 15 and has long wanted a Jeep. At first, she resented the Bronco because she thought it was "a Jeep copy," but now she has concluded the new Bronco "is pretty dope," and wants to steal my Bronco. I've been pretty clear that she isn't likely to be allowed to drive it for quite some time.

Our older kids are out of the house, so they haven't had to deal with my obsession.

I'm thinking the dog will enjoy. He's happy as long as he's with us, and he loves adventure and hiking.

Last edited:

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My wife bought me my 1977 EB for my 30th birthday. We will be buying his and hers Badlands/FE.

She is as excited as me.

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Everyone is excited but not as much as me... I think they're annoyed with me asking all these questions like what should I do? Get this or that? I just can't wait until it's time for delivery!

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife is taking bets with my friends on if I end up getting and how long I keep it if I do.

So no they're not
Sponsored