ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@TFLtruck Please let us know what you have tried that EITHER works OR does NOT.

Both lists provide helpful information.
Sponsored

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition | 4 Door | Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've driven over 3000 miles in my First Edition 4 door hard top, and can say definitively that the rattle comes from the hinge latches, not from the roof itself, the way it seats in place, or from the rotational latches. The hinge latch "grip" piece has a bit of play AFTER you've clamped it closed, and I will be exploring how to solve for that in the next few days.

If you have any rattling sounds, wiggle these latches while they are in the clamped/locked position and you'll see what I mean. That's the same sound in the TFL videos and that I've heard others complain about.

Ford Bronco Issue - MIC top popping / rattle sounds [TFL] 1628020618567

This seems easily addressable, since it's only the plastic handle part that's got play, and the hinge mechanism itself creates a great and secure roof clamp.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've driven over 3000 miles in my First Edition 4 door hard top, and can say definitively that the rattle comes from the hinge latches, not from the roof itself, the way it seats in place, or from the rotational latches. The hinge latches themselves have a bit of play, and I will be exploring how to solve for that in the next few days.

If you have any rattling sounds, wiggle these latches while they are in the clamped/locked position and you'll see what I mean. That's the same sound in the TFL videos and that I've heard others complain about.

View attachment 152859
I wonder if jamming a small piece of foam or even folded up paper would solve this? Could be a simple way to at least test your idea.

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition | 4 Door | Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wonder if jamming a small piece of foam or even folded up paper would solve this? Could be a simple way to at least test your idea.
Yeah, as a temporary solution, that works. You can also just reach up behind you and hold it with your fingers to test it.

Granted, others may have OTHER issues with their roofs, but I can say from personal experience and listening to other videos, that same sound is definitely coming from the latch piece, and that's why TFL lubing up the rubber seals didn't do anything to remedy the rattle. (Because the rattle isn't the roof itself.)

Sponsored

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the testing Ford as done on the Bronco and this is what we get. ? Ford could not SEE ALL of these issues? belt Ford tuff ....
right 😡. Just send the Bronco off to the customers they can handle it 😤

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the testing Ford as done on the Bronco and this is what we get. ? Ford could not SEE ALL of these issues? belt Ford tuff ....
But remember in many of their videos, theyve stated this and that are not the actual production run versions. So how much testing and mileage did they truly do on the production version?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If there are tolerance issue at Webasco they may not have seen them during testing, or someone assumed they would be addressed in production.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You've gotta wonder how many issues were uncovered and addressed because of all that testing. I'm thinking things could have been far worse.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've driven over 3000 miles in my First Edition 4 door hard top, and can say definitively that the rattle comes from the hinge latches, not from the roof itself, the way it seats in place, or from the rotational latches. The hinge latch "grip" piece has a bit of play AFTER you've clamped it closed, and I will be exploring how to solve for that in the next few days.

This seems easily addressable, since it's only the plastic handle part that's got play, and the hinge mechanism itself creates a great and secure roof clamp.
Maybe a bumper off some toy for the handle to rest on after it's closed?

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This really seems like a non-issue, because there are likely some super inexpensive fixes to make the rattle go away. Granted, this should have been addressed by Ford, but a little foam glued in the right place would likely end the situation for good. I had a liftgate that would clang everytime I went over speed bumps (pissed the neighbors off when I was leaving early in the AM for work). Although the random clang didn't bother me or affect the lift gate, the neighbors were super appreciative of the little foam strip that stopped the clanging (5 years now). This rattle issue is a lot like that... With just a little bit of troubleshooting and under a dollar in supplies, it will stop rattling.

JKommuter

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2 door developed the rattling noise just like the TFL video after a couple hundred miles. Directly over the driver's head. If I lifted up on the panel while driving it stopped. Since it originally wasn't there I assumed something had loosened up. To test this theory I wrapped a few turns of blue painter's tape around the "Striker" portion of the latch just above the driver's left ear. It got better but didn't go away. Two more turns of tape and Viola sound gone.

I removed the driver's side top and took it to the work bench. The latch had some play, and could be tighter. I removed the tape, and removed the torx bolt holding the latch on and added a washer to the bolt. This probably wasn't necessary, but I didn't want the bolt to penetrate the outside layer of the top or bottom out on some unseen structure. I then tightened the bolt until the play was removed from the latch. I reinstalled the top 300 miles later, still no rattle.

This might or might not matter since we are getting new tops but it protects my sanity.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 4 door hardtop. I added 2 pieces of foam, 1 directly above the drivers head on top of this metal piece under the roof panel and another foam piece above the passenger side.
I got the black craft foam with a sticky back from JoAnn’s fabric store.

Seems to have gotten rid of the rattling/clicking sound.

See pictures below:
And yet, this was beyond Ford's ability... Well, I guess that I would rather go to Walmart and get some of this rather than wait another 3 months at Dirt Mountain.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had an annoying rattle which I thought was the soft top latch area. It doesn't happen all the time, just some times. I discovered it was actually the visor. That was a relief. I hate noises. I'm glad the foam worked for your creaking noises.
Sponsored