First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
sounds like the seals are rubbing against each other. Wonder how long that unit sat in 'purgatory' under the MI sun. You'd think Ford would take more care with units going to youtubers...if they don't give 2 shits what those boys think, they sure ain't gonna lose any sleep over what I think
Sponsored

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for bringing this up. Hopefully Ford resolves this for y'all and future builds.

However, I don't see why y'all would compare the interior to a nice car when clearly the intent of the Bronco was to be a rugged off-roader. The money was put into the powertrain's strength and abilities which y'all clearly understand, one would think.

I'm not a Bronco-only fan, never owned one nor a Jeep. But y'all chose to buy a First Edition above sticker. I'm buying a base 4D Sasquatch which has almost all the major off road bits that y'all have but for $41,000 USD + TTL.

Y'all clearly seem to have a bias which doesn't make sense if y'all enjoy off-roading and the community like y'all appear to. I generally enjoy y'all's videos and do have a good rest of your weekend.
I feel like there is a drinking game hidden within this post. ;)

I agree...this isn't an Audi. Having a Jeep Wrangler for 12 years has lowered my expectations of a true off road interior. Curious how my MIC will sound.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is bound to be many little issues as they hit the public. If you want to avoid them, wait for the '23. The Wrangler has been made and updated constantly and it's still far from perfect. The wise thing to do is never buy the first year but still no one does that. Maybe they should have refined the Bronco a few more years before production, lol.
Ironically, the early Broncos were absolutely plagued with leaking roofs that squeaked like a mofo. This is like a homecoming of sorts. I was just reading about the history of the Bronco last night and found that quite entertaining. Further proof that this is a simulation that is out of new plot material.

CCBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have mixed emotions about this launch, but first impressions will stick around for a lifetime. The top can easier bring down the entire brand, design and hard work Ford put into this new gen bronco and digging out from the start only gives the competition time to adjust and catch up.

Sponsored

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I feel like there is a drinking game hidden within this post. ;)

I agree...this isn't an Audi. Having a Jeep Wrangler for 12 years has lowered my expectations of a true off road interior. Curious how my MIC will sound.
Guess y'all better start drinking. :giggle:

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The above and maybe the latches can be a little tightened up too.
If I recall... Another member mentioned that they were getting the same sounds... They looked around and found that tightening the latches themselves worked, I guess they are screwed in?! Loctite/tighten that bitch up?!

Sponsored

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IF indeed it is the seals rubbing, my Jeep answer is "gummi pflege"

jdbronc

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500 High Country
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I drove 2 different 4-door MIC Broncos at Off-Rodeo. One had the exact popping noise, the other did not. It was really annoying and not something the radio would cover up. I spoke to the instructor about it and he blamed it on being a pre-production model and for getting beat up every day on the trails for months on end. I guess that was wrong! Really hope spraying the seals is a confirmed fix or a redesign at the factory fixes this before I get my build date sometime in 2030.

Last edited:

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wow, that’s not an issue! spray the seals
If I recall... Another member mentioned that they were getting the same sounds... They looked around and found that tightening the latches themselves worked, I guess they are screwed in?! Loctite/tighten that bitch up?!
I'll take "things you shouldn't have to do after only a few weeks" for $500 Alex

sounds like the seals are rubbing against each other. Wonder how long that unit sat in 'purgatory' under the MI sun. You'd think Ford would take more care with units going to youtubers...if they don't give 2 shits what those boys think, they sure ain't gonna lose any sleep over what I think
If MI sun does this I can't imagine how well those seals will hold up here in the south or southwest.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

you would think if there was some kind of rubber seal on one side it wouldn't squeak. Originally posted a link to some butyl tape. but this needs to be factory sealed into the lip. IMO.

Last edited: