First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger; MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My job is to look for defects, cracks, and such in industrial settings. I noticed what looks to be some sort of burst while watching the video.
1627858701835.png

@TFLtruck
“My job is to look for defects, cracks, and such..” It’s like my mother in law has a twin!!!!
Sponsored

mjopp

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've driven almost 250 miles on my 2-door basesquatch and noticed this same knocking infrequently. Today was only a trip to the store and back and didn't hear it at all. Will try and record it and catch it the next time it happens.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'll listen to the video again. I thought the older man compared it to a nice car instead of a competitor. As in, apples and oranges comparison.

The cost was meant to point out that they purposefully got the most expensive version of the vehicle and paid additional markup. Basically, considering they're about off-roading, they caused the price to get that high. Higher than it needed to be. They didn't want to wait I think was what they said in another video.

Yes, as I said in my post, I hope Ford resolves this issue. It shouldn't have been there in the first place.
FFS. They didn’t pick out a First Edition. It was offered to them at cost by a buyer who had it in exchange for plugging Ronald McDonald House charities. Try watching some of the rest of their videos and get off that high horse.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Brand new headliner and it still sheds like the one in another video that we all thought was dust. And peeling off the edge too?!?
Yep, can't wait to deal with that crap. I think that I will probably either remove it or artificially age the material using my pressure washer. No way am I putting up with it shedding everywhere.

Sponsored

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've driven almost 250 miles on my 2-door basesquatch and noticed this same knocking infrequently. Today was only a trip to the store and back and didn't hear it at all. Will try and record it and catch it the next time it happens.
When I test drove the 2D MIC I didn't hear it I drove it for about 40 miles (highway and local roads) and didn't notice it, but the 2D is different than the 4D.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I recall... Another member mentioned that they were getting the same sounds... They looked around and found that tightening the latches themselves worked, I guess they are screwed in?! Loctite/tighten that bitch up?!
That was my first thought. If the latches are loose....the panels may rattle a little. Note to readers: Blue Locktite allows for easy future removal of screws. Red Locktite is more permanent and often requires a torch to allow for removal.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We've been basically aware of this since the Johnson Valley Supercel ride videos... And Ford obviously hasn't fixed the issue.
It's gonna be hard to quell my expectations when I get my Bronco because of all the myriad of problems.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We've been basically aware of this since the Johnson Valley Supercel ride videos... And Ford obviously hasn't fixed the issue.
Exactly. So what makes anyone think Ford intends to address ANY of these roof issues?

I think we're cutting Ford too much slack on the 'first model year'. Bronco has been in development for SIX YEARS. Soft or removable tops have been around SIX+ DECADES. Ford's reputation for mediocracy appears to be well-earned.

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“My job is to look for defects, cracks, and such..” It’s like my mother in law has a twin!!!!
I literally just split coffee all over the place. Haha. Too funny.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly. So what makes anyone think Ford intends to address ANY of these roof issues?

I think we're cutting Ford too much slack on the 'first model year'. Bronco has been in development for SIX YEARS. Soft or removable tops have been around SIX+ DECADES. Ford's reputation for mediocracy appears to be well-earned.
It's why I started a post about my concerns about quality and cost cutting. For the price of the Bronco, it's not meeting my expectations. I love the truck, but gawd Damn Ford!
Endless dealer visits with "we weren't able to replicate the sound"

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wonder how noticeable and annoying it is when listening to the radio like most people would do.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
all those micro plastics falling down like a snow whenever he touches the sound deadening headliner (MIC cosmetic defect cover) and inhaling them…I see lawsuits coming…”Attention: If you or a loved one has been driving a 2021 Ford Bronco with sound deadening headliner you may to be entitled to financial compensation.”

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

all those micro plastics falling down like a snow whenever he touches the sound deadening headliner (MIC cosmetic defect cover) and inhaling them…I see lawsuits coming…”Attention: If you or a loved one has been driving a 2021 Ford Bronco with sound deadening headliner you may to be entitled to financial compensation.”
Will “deadening” get a new definition?

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously. And they were charging for that at one point, also!
Sponsored