Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am good spending about $16k less for the same creaking option.
Sponsored

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep’s freedom top (hard top) seems to bolt front and back for the main hard top rear section, while the Bronco only bolts at the rear. Wonder if that has anything To do with it? Any wrangler owners want to weigh in With their experience?

nd2002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW M2, '18 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll take "things you shouldn't have to do after only a few weeks" for $500 Alex
Agree, that’s Ford’s job. I don’t care if it’s a $40k Bronco or a $60k one.

Think of all the regular people NOT on B6G who are pleasantly surprised by these issues a week into ownership. Not a good look for the brand.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

all those micro plastics falling down like a snow whenever he touches the sound deadening headliner (MIC cosmetic defect cover) and inhaling them…I see lawsuits coming…”Attention: If you or a loved one has been driving a 2021 Ford Bronco with sound deadening headliner you may to be entitled to financial compensation.”
You sure that’s not just dust?

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wrangler rear top bolts at the upper B pillar unlike the Bronco.

Maybe the issue stems from free floating plastic interfacing with only a clamp For the roof panels On the Bronco.

Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep, can't wait to deal with that crap. I think that I will probably either remove it or artificially age the material using my pressure washer. No way am I putting up with it shedding everywhere.
Yeah, people shouldn't be breathing that crap.

We don't know exactly what it is, but I bet it's some failure of the acoustic foam layering i.e. polyurethane and isocyanates.

Lucas718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Trail Edition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Seems like you’ve got the front panels rubbing against the middle sections. Wranglers have a support bar in that location and each panel has a couple of bolts to secure the panel to the bar. Ford made a big deal about there being no support bar right above the front seats, but it seems like the lack of support there is allowing the panels to flex and rub against each other.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Much like new carpet that has a lot of loose fibers, vacuuming may solve this issue.
I did a test with my hand on the liner on a removed 2-door front panel in my dealer’s showroom. It doesn’t shed plastic. I think the liner is made of spun and interwoven HDPE, this just from the feel of it. I believe what you see falling out of the headliners is dust and dirt, which can be hosed out when it gets bad.

Not a health hazard, IMO.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did a test with my hand on the liner on a removed 2-door front panel in my dealer’s showroom. It doesn’t shed plastic. I think the liner is made of spun and interwoven HDPE, this just from the feel of it. I believe what you see falling out of the headliners is dust and dirt, which can be hosed out when it gets bad.

I'd be more concerned about the dust in the outside air when the roof is off.

Sponsored

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess I'll to roll around topless all the time...

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

It doesn't look like HDPE, the deadener looks fuzzy like a carpet no?

Ford Bronco Issue - MIC top popping / rattle sounds [TFL] Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 2.52.34 PM

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It doesn't look like HDPE, the deadener looks fuzzy like a carpet no?

Ford Bronco Issue - MIC top popping / rattle sounds [TFL] Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 2.52.34 PM
I agree it looks that way in pics, but it’s a tactile thing. Maybe it’s polyester strands but it’s definitely a woven plastic mat. I quite liked it when I saw it in person.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Odd post; exactly zero people compared it to a nice car, just stated facts about their roof, so the entire basis of your "I'm smarter than you because I got the poor's version of the Bronco" post is rather transparent and sad. Perhaps Ford should not have released the product until the design and execution met the minimum quality standards of a 1985 Yugo GV? Although it sounds like you might consider that a nice car and be unmoved by my suggestion.

Blaming folks for taking it on faith that Ford would never release a roof product that was of such low quality design/construction is the ultimate Ford apologist move. You are seriously suggesting it is the consumer's fault they bought a first or second year Ford instead of asking why Ford didn't catch this and fix it in all their testing? BTW; it is not asking for 'perfection' to desire an extra cost hard-top not squeak and pop every 3.2 seconds from new. If the 4-door roofs can't be made without the rubbing and possible sealing issues, they should not offer it on the 4-door.
It's like people that think you are expecting the interior of a Rolls Royce when you make comments of the terrible interior.

I don't expect it to be like a Rolls Royce. But it should be at least as good as the base model Fusion I owned over 11 years ago or the base model Ranger XL I had in the mod 90s. Shouldn't it?.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wonder how noticeable and annoying it is when listening to the radio like most people would do.
If it were my ride then absolutely noticable. Once I hear a sound then my brain just gets so attuned to it that I can always sense it. 🥺
Sponsored