Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you for letting us know you are here?!
1654523036938.png
Hmmm, I dunno this game. Is “I know you are but what am I?” the right answer?

You’re good at this.
Sponsored

ohp138

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Messed up how people would crap on someone's post in the freaking "issues" section like if Ford pays them money or something... The OP initial post looked like a rant but I would be livid if this happened to me too after paying$40k to $60k for a "capable" off road vehicle...
Posts like these are the ones that force manufacturer to keep their shit together and not screw their customers...
Couldn't agree with you more. What's with all the fanboy crap? Why would anyone defend a malfunctioning vehicle and even more, ridicule someone who is posting an issue? It's a freaking vehicle and they act like they personally produced it. SMH.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Couldn't agree with you more. What's with all the fanboy crap? Why would anyone defend a malfunctioning vehicle and even more, ridicule someone who is posting an issue? It's a freaking vehicle and they act like they personally produced it. SMH.
I assume these fanboys like being in abusive relationships where they give everything, receive nothing and are constantly making up excuses for their abusive partner... :rolleyes:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
thanks for the advice.

Rick, I should’ve included those details. As far as snark goes anyone gives it I’ll give it back. Wasn’t exactly looking for this group to solve my problems just more of awareness to this well made vehicle flailing. I have an appointment tomorrow to take to dealer. Was more annoyed that a brand new truck flails the first time it goes 4x4 in the most easy and simple conditions. Doesn’t build any confidence in the brand.

Next time I’ll just keep the bitching to myself.
I have a 2014 gen 5 4Runner with 185000 and never had one issue with 4x4. I guess the more computers involved the more chance they have to F up.
I also should’ve known I would open up the gates for ford loving trolls by calling their favorite brand garbage. As I’ve read more and more about these trucks it seems they had/having multiple issues and rushed off the line.
Triple B Beach I like it. Bubbles would approve!!

09AD62E4-2E73-4A86-97DE-F337DCD4945B.jpeg

I was stopped put truck in neutral and turned goat dial to sand then back to drive to engage. Then proceeded through some thick powder sand and all was great then alerts started popping up. I didn’t get pics and going by memory. I should’ve videoed it but didn’t.
2.3l
Automatic
4 wheel (sand mode)

pre collision assist something
Service advance trac
Power train malfunction something
There was one more I can’t remember.

while on hard packed sand at the next beach access road. Put truck in N.Tried to use Goat dial to turn back to normal mode and it was disabled. Pressed 2h button and gave a few seconds then put in drive and moved a few feet. it didn’t disengage. Errors we’re still popping up. Turned truck off for 5 mins. Turned truck back on and tried again 2H button, forward a few feet still engaged . Turned truck off a second time and let sit for about 10 mins. Turned on and did same thing pressed 2h , forward a few feet and voila it worked and errors were not popping up.
And were you doing ECU resets with this?

You got the automatic so you also have trail turn assist which would have dug you out in some situations.

Without knowing what the error warnings were you'll have to get an OBDII scanner or FORESCAN to pull the codes that did pop up. That will give more info.

Right now it's hard to know if there is an actual issue, RTFM, user error, or mechanical issue going on with your rig.

PS: You never described the girls in bikini's and it's still raining up here. Very disappointed in you.

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Reminds me of my 2017 Ford Focus RS. Driving back from Fayetteville, NC A/C stopped working for about 50 miles and it was 90 degrees outside. Windows down, pissed as all get out, sweating like a pig, then out of the blue A/C started working. Next 2.5 years, never had another issue with it.

That car, well I must have really made it mad that weekend.

Sponsored

BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Fun times at beach today. Beach has strict speed limit of 10mph in St. Augustine Fl with heavy law enforcement presence. With that being said sand was extra thick today and after stopping to let people walk across I needed to engage 4x4 sand mode. After about 1/2 mile through some thick ruts (at 10mph) my screen starts going crazy with error after error. Powered through it to next beach exit. Tried to disengage 4x4 and it wouldn’t. Goat mode didn’t work. The 2wd button didn’t work. Nada. Pulled over and turned truck off. Sat for 5 mins and restarted and still stuck in 4x4. Nothing worked. Turned off again and sat for 10 mins and texted my sales manager from dealer with some kind words about my purchase. Finally after turning truck on again I hit the 2wd button and 4x4 disengaged. Wtf is wrong with these pieces of garbage masked as a capable and reliable truck. I should’ve joined this forum before I purchased. I read so much in here about a multitude of issues.
@Ford Motor Company you are making over valued garbage.
Ford Bronco Issues from 1st time engaging 4x4 with 1000 miles Defender 1

Should have opted out of the Bronco like me and gotten an electronically reliable Land Rover product....

But actually in pseudo surprise, after almost 20,000 hard driven miles on trails, New Mexico, Big Bend, Canada, etc, I've had no problems.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And yet, you could win the Thursday afternoon build lottery, including 4 functional cup holders, 2.7, MIC, LUX, TOW with nearly all the bells/whistles... and not have a single problem in 23k miles.

Ford Bronco Issues from 1st time engaging 4x4 with 1000 miles IMG_20220525_220812

@BroncoFish right?

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if anyone mentioned checking the Ford app for the error messages. In my first 4x4 adventure, the truck started making all sorts of error messages; they cleared after a restart. Later I saw all the messages were captured in the app.

Good luck.
Same here - my first time in low range on the trail I felt like I was in the NORAD command center with all the alerts going off (this was 8-9 months ago - can't remember all the issues). I assumed it was operator error at the time since I was trying all the toys, buttons, modes, and one pedal driving, and I'm used to manually engaging low range and diff locks.

I shut it off and restarted and everything has been fine, on many a trail and ~8k more on the odo.

CH02

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

thanks for the advice.

Rick, I should’ve included those details. As far as snark goes anyone gives it I’ll give it back. Wasn’t exactly looking for this group to solve my problems just more of awareness to this well made vehicle flailing. I have an appointment tomorrow to take to dealer. Was more annoyed that a brand new truck flails the first time it goes 4x4 in the most easy and simple conditions. Doesn’t build any confidence in the brand.

Next time I’ll just keep the bitching to myself.
I have a 2014 gen 5 4Runner with 185000 and never had one issue with 4x4. I guess the more computers involved the more chance they have to F up.
I also should’ve known I would open up the gates for ford loving trolls by calling their favorite brand garbage. As I’ve read more and more about these trucks it seems they had/having multiple issues and rushed off the line.
Triple B Beach I like it. Bubbles would approve!!

Ford Bronco Issues from 1st time engaging 4x4 with 1000 miles IMG_20220525_220812

I was stopped put truck in neutral and turned goat dial to sand then back to drive to engage. Then proceeded through some thick powder sand and all was great then alerts started popping up. I didn’t get pics and going by memory. I should’ve videoed it but didn’t.
2.3l
Automatic
4 wheel (sand mode)

pre collision assist something
Service advance trac
Power train malfunction something
There was one more I can’t remember.

while on hard packed sand at the next beach access road. Put truck in N.Tried to use Goat dial to turn back to normal mode and it was disabled. Pressed 2h button and gave a few seconds then put in drive and moved a few feet. it didn’t disengage. Errors we’re still popping up. Turned truck off for 5 mins. Turned truck back on and tried again 2H button, forward a few feet still engaged . Turned truck off a second time and let sit for about 10 mins. Turned on and did same thing pressed 2h , forward a few feet and voila it worked and errors were not popping up.
Wheel speed sensor wires probably pulled out.

Sponsored

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The one thing I've found about using Goat modes. You need to have patience. Turn the dial and wait. It takes a little while for everything to change. If you are sitting still and quiet you can hear the 4x4 engage.
I'm glad someone asked about the doors being off because I have similar alerts when i take the doors off mine.
I have used all the modes while learning about it and the one thing I learned was to slow down and wait for everything to change then proceed.

OP
OP
Reach Beach

Reach Beach

Big Bend
First Name
Jacques Merde
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Agreed. I should’ve found this forum before I bought this POS. These ford fanboys remind me of a South Park episode called skank hunt, Kyle’s dad thinks he’s so mighty and important being a forum troll.

OP
OP
Reach Beach

Reach Beach

Big Bend
First Name
Jacques Merde
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure we can call the Bronco garbage. I am at 10k and she is running great. Sorry about your experience with the Bronco. Any new vehicle is going to have issues. That is the point of a warranty. Ford will take care of it. If you are unhappy at that point, sell it. I am sure there are plenty of people who will take that garbage off your hands.
I’ll sell it to you for 75000 if you want it.

OP
OP
Reach Beach

Reach Beach

Big Bend
First Name
Jacques Merde
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The one thing I've found about using Goat modes. You need to have patience. Turn the dial and wait. It takes a little while for everything to change. If you are sitting still and quiet you can hear the 4x4 engage.
I'm glad someone asked about the doors being off because I have similar alerts when i take the doors off mine.
I have used all the modes while learning about it and the one thing I learned was to slow down and wait for everything to change then proceed.
Thanks Brian. It threw some error codes and the goat mode got disabled, maybe it’s a protection function. Even the button 2h didn’t work. Took two times cutting the car off for it to work.