Sponsored

Issues / glitches during 2021 Bronco startup -- "Check brakes," "trail turn assist unavailable," and "hill assist unavailable." error messages

Skydoc

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NOT NORMAL. PM me your VIN if you're OK with me checking to see if there are any codes popping up in OASIS. May have something to do with e-brake engaged but if you didn't engage it, that's a problem.
Have had my bronco 3 days and just got same exact situation
Sponsored

Skydoc

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By way of update: spent two hours + at the service center today. Tech said the Bronco has been throwing codes since it left the factory. They went through a point-by-point diagnostic test. Definitely software related connected to ABS/steering stuff. They reset everything and submitted to Ford. We will see what happens moving forward.

It hasn't acted up since yesterday. Doors are on it...still thinking that may be the issue. Techs thought the new tires may have messed with the system as well. All in all, hopefully growing pains and we will be good to go.

I'm driving to MS this weekend, then to Austin the week after for Off-rodeo. We shall see.

BTW: "Throwing Codes" is a great band name.
Mine is 3 days old and just had same situation. Factory tires etc and never took doors off

BigD

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Have had my bronco 3 days and just got same exact situation
NOT NORMAL. PM me your VIN if you're OK with me checking to see if there are any codes popping up in OASIS. May have something to do with e-brake engaged but if you didn't engage it, that's a problem.
Flip, can you check my VIN? 1FMDE5FP7MLA20573. Greatly appreciate any insight on this problem. My dealer blamed it on my Ford Ditch Lights and my Magnaflow exhaust. They were unable to run tests due to system outage. But assumed it was my add on accessories.

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This issue is still happening to some folks, any of you original thread starters have any more input here? Was there a permanent fix? Got my Bronco March 8th, approximately 1500 miles on it, seeing these warnings and e-brake applied when doors are off

countryboyreese

Badlands
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This issue is still happening to some folks, any of you original thread starters have any more input here? Was there a permanent fix? Got my Bronco March 8th, approximately 1500 miles on it, seeing these warnings and e-brake applied when doors are off
Same issue here. Happens 1/2 the time while starting the vehicle with the doors off. Tried the seatbelt truck. Didn’t work. Really would like a solution.

Sponsored

cybercoaster

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK I started having this issue pop up random after taking my doors off. Only when I start it, seat belt was on first. Sounds like a software update is needed for sure. I just clear all the errors and turn the brake off and go on my way. Seems a few threads on here about this issue. The only thing that pops up on my Ford app is Hill Start Assist Warning and not all the others.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
OK I started having this issue pop up random after taking my doors off. Only when I start it, seat belt was on first. Sounds like a software update is needed for sure. I just clear all the errors and turn the brake off and go on my way. Seems a few threads on here about this issue. The only thing that pops up on my Ford app is Hill Start Assist Warning and not all the others.
Hi there! Can you send us a private message with your VIN and Ford dealership name? I’ll look into this on my end. Thank you!

Fr.Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So @flip was able to read my codes via his online voodoo 😂

Recurring ABS fault. I'll get it checked out.
Did you get the "transmission is not in park" alert repeatedly as well? Cant tell if thats a doors off issue (Ive experienced your same glitches) or because I had a trailer attached.
Quite annoying.

BroncoKing610

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.7L Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4600 miles no issues, took the doors off today and the 4-5th start parking brake engaged, and 5 other errors (99% sure it’s the same ones mentioned in title)

turned off the car, turned it back on (errors and brake engaged msgs still) so I manually engaged the parking brake and then un-engaged it and everything cleared….

hopefully fixed it will see!

edit:seatbelt was buckled

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine does it sometimes with the doors off also. I just keep hitting okay, disengage the parking brake, and off I go. No codes stay on or limit anything.

BroncoKing610

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.7L Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine does it sometimes with the doors off also. I just keep hitting okay, disengage the parking brake, and off I go. No codes stay on or limit anything.
good to know! But this isn’t an issue with Jeeps and nor should it be for the Bronco, when the doors are off you already get a msg on start up saying they are disconnected. And manually having to engage the parking brake before I drive because my doors are off is nonsense

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

good to know! But this isn’t an issue with Jeeps and nor should it be for the Bronco, when the doors are off you already get a msg on start up saying they are disconnected. And manually having to engage the parking brake before I drive because my doors are off is nonsense
Just like gm’s glitches, I’m sure it will be taken care of through over the air updates sooner or later. My 21 burban was a absolute mess for the first month until they got it updated. Had to unhook the battery a dozen times in that time period to reset it to start. When that one glitched the only thing that worked was the door locks and radio.

BroncoKing610

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.7L Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In the past two days, I’ve had this happen a dozen times, before doors off never once.

explantation @Ford Motor Company ? Nearly a full year and no fix?

amberervin

Black Diamond
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Ford Bronco; 2020 Toyota 4Runner; 2018 Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine does the same thing. It has been in the shop for it but no fix found. Mine happens with the doors on but only if I turn my car off and don’t open the door and then restart. I sit in car line at my son’s school for a good 25-30 minutes and that is the only time it does it. If I open my door and everything shuts down (radio, lights) and then start it, it does fine and doesn’t give me the error. It’s so odd. It does seem it may be the same concept having the doors off. It doesn’t do it all the time, just random days. Hopefully a fix will be found soon.
Sponsored