Sponsored

Issues / glitches during 2021 Bronco startup -- "Check brakes," "trail turn assist unavailable," and "hill assist unavailable." error messages

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doors off gremlins at it again 🤷‍♂️ Today I got the ‘driver assist coffee cup icon’ after only traveling a bit.….and was after a few starts with the doors back on without immediate issue.
Sponsored

BroncoKing610

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.7L Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Still happening and @FordMotorCo still doesnt care. How is this an issue a year after delivery.

I dont like having to play with the e-brake everytime I start my car because ford is too lazy to fix it

BroncoKing610

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.7L Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Seems like I solved this problem, before entering the car, unlock the car (even with doors off), put on seat belts, press brake/start

Since doing this, I have not encountered any errors upon start up. (done this since my last post on every startup(over 2 dozen times) and no issues)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seems like I solved this problem, before entering the car, unlock the car (even with doors off), put on seat belts, press brake/start

Since doing this, I have not encountered any errors upon start up. (done this since my last post on every startup(over 2 dozen times) and no issues)
Does the car lock with the doors off via some automatic feature or timer? Or are you pressing unlock even though it is already in an unlocked state?

BroncoKing610

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.7L Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does the car lock with the doors off via some automatic feature or timer? Or are you pressing unlock even though it is already in an unlocked state?
not sure, ill try and see if I notice anything. I always unlock the car before starting with the doors off (in either state) and still no problems

However when unlocking the car I can hear the trunk unlock and I also hear something unlocking within the brake/pedals (which is why I believe people get the e-brake engaged msg, which must have a domino effect with the other error codes)

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

not sure, ill try and see if I notice anything. I always unlock the car before starting with the doors off (in either state) and still no problems

However when unlocking the car I can hear the trunk unlock and I also hear something unlocking within the brake/pedals (which is why I believe people get the e-brake engaged msg, which must have a domino effect with the other error codes)
Interesting, I can see the Bronco freaking out if someone hops in, starts it, and drives away if it thinks the doors were never unlocked. Maybe you discovered the hidden trick! Is another year maybe I'll be able to test it for myself :)

BroncoKing610

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.7L Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update: Seems of no use to put on your seatbelt before starting…

simply unlock the car and press start!
Sponsored