Sponsored

Issues / glitches during 2021 Bronco startup -- "Check brakes," "trail turn assist unavailable," and "hill assist unavailable." error messages

Hartzco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dealing with the same issue. Happens with the doors off whether I’m belted or not. My only workaround is remote starting it before I get in. I’ll take it into Ford soon. Seems like I can release the e-brake and continue on every time without issue so I haven’t freaked out.
Sponsored

Ilmguy1234

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealing with the same issue. Happens with the doors off whether I’m belted or not. My only workaround is remote starting it before I get in. I’ll take it into Ford soon. Seems like I can release the e-brake and continue on every time without issue so I haven’t freaked out.
+1 exact same. Hopefully more visibility = quicker resolution.

gtx_bronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I had the doors off today, and drovr around 75 miles total. Around lunch, I jumped in the Bronco and started it up. It kicked "Check brakes," "trail turn assist unavailable," and "hill assist unavailable." The traction control may have faulted too, along with the ABS. I turned it off, waited about ten seconds, and turned it back on. It started fine, but the E brake was engaged. I disengaged it and all was fine. It did it one other time, out of probably 10 startups total.

I wonder if the fault is in the door electrical connections. Maybe the system senses the doors are off and it sends a fault. The other glitches I have read reset when the doors were opened, and mine has only done it with doors off.

Overall, not a huge deal, and probably to be expected with a new and first-year vehicle.
This exact thing happened in n mine tonight for the first time. Turned it off and back on and everything went back to normal. I didn’t have the doors off fwiw.

Homerb

First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rx
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Had the brake light turn on today. Will take it in for service this week and will post the dealer’s resolution.

PaulMedik

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.valleysportspics.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Had the brake light turn on today. Will take it in for service this week and will post the dealer’s resolution.
Homerb,

What was the outcome? My check brake system warning came on today while driving on the interstate. Now the brake light is on. 1115 miles on the odometer.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Although, it should not need to be standard equipment, I would suggest that you consider getting Forscan and learning how to use it. You can read/clear some pretty complex faults with Forscan.

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I had the doors off today, and drovr around 75 miles total. Around lunch, I jumped in the Bronco and started it up. It kicked "Check brakes," "trail turn assist unavailable," and "hill assist unavailable." The traction control may have faulted too, along with the ABS. I turned it off, waited about ten seconds, and turned it back on. It started fine, but the E brake was engaged. I disengaged it and all was fine. It did it one other time, out of probably 10 startups total.
I suppose that is better than the “bronco unavailable” warning light I keep getting. I look forward to re-learning the hokey pokey so I can get the vehicle to operate....

PaulMedik

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.valleysportspics.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My check brake system warning came on today while driving on the interstate. Now the brake light is on. 1115 miles on the odometer.
Drove to work this morning with no brake light and none on the drive home. Hopefully it was a one time glitch.
Of note, the software on my Bronco was upgraded Wednesday and my radio clock is no longer accurate...again.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Drove to work this morning with no brake light and none on the drive home. Hopefully it was a one time glitch.
Of note, the software on my Bronco was upgraded Wednesday and my radio clock is no longer accurate...again.

Would you like to upgrade to Windows 11? ;)

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
mpeugeot,

Upgraded to Windows 11 about a month ago; no issues.
Most people don't have any issues.

I was just giving it as a example of what any software update process, sometimes it is great, other times you have the exact combination of parameters that breaks everything.

Not everyone had the smooth transition from 10 to 11.

PaulMedik

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.valleysportspics.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

I was just giving it as a example of what any software update process, sometimes it is great, other times you have the exact combination of parameters that breaks everything.

mpeugeot,

Windows 2 to 3 wasn't so good, but 3.5 made it better. 95 to 97 was bad but 98 was better. Windows 7 I loved. XP not so much. I fully understand your analogy.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it's @Ford 's way of wishing you a Merry Christmas

Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 8.25.45 PM.png

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had this exact same thing happen twice now. Never taken off the doors. I just get in it like normal and start it. Sometimes it happens. Sometimes it doesn’t.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah..I have 4 computers in my house and not a single one meets windows 11 requirements. Their stupid CPU requirement is going to piss off thousands of people.
Sponsored