Sponsored

Issues installing aftermarket bumpers that require relocating Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)?

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am about to pull the trigger on a new Front Bumper for my Badlands with Lux package. Leaning toward ADD's ROCK FIGHTER WINCH FRONT BUMPER. They also sell an ACC relocation bracket that moves the ACC to behind the grill (as I understand it). I think I have seen only one other post on the forum where someone has done this so I am curious about others that may have done so and if there were any negative consequences, such as false signals, reliability, etc. I understand you may have to recalibrate it?? I have forscan myself but not sure how I would go about doing that... I called 4wheelparts general number, since they sell the below bumper and they indicated its not a big deal to move ACC sensor.

On another note, what about the front camera on the below setup. ADD indicates it doesn't interfere much if you opt for a winch where you can relocate the top control pack. Was looking at saving a few bucks and getting the Warn VR EVO 12S which claims it is moveable. Any truth to that? In contrast, I have seen other manufactures come out with a camera relocation kit, which to me could be used with other bumpers.

Finally, I would love to see some other Broncos with the below setup. It is very modular so there are a few different ways to set this up. I think my biggest concern is how long it will take to get. 4wheelparts is claiming up to 12 weeks :oops:

Ford Bronco Issues installing aftermarket bumpers that require relocating Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)? 1639698900394
Sponsored

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update to my on thread. I just bit the bullet and ordered the above setup. Problem is they have about a 12 to 14 week backlog :oops: ... According to ADD, 99% of the time the relocation of ACC is not a problem. If there is an issue, they say it does have to be adjusted/calibrated by the dealer. Also, if one doesn't move the winch control module it will block most of the front camera view. If you do move the control box then only about 15% of the view is blocked. That seems acceptable although I am going to keep my eyes open for other camera relocation kits that will work with this setup.

Anyway, I guess I will find out how this all works and will be glad to report back here.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update to my on thread. I just bit the bullet and ordered the above setup. Problem is they have about a 12 to 14 week backlog :oops:
I was also told 12-14 weeks, but it took 10 weeks from order to delivery from ADD (I ordered the Maxlider version).

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was also told 12-14 weeks, but it took 10 weeks from order to delivery from ADD (I ordered the Maxlider version).
Nice, one can hope! Seems like a great company. I called them 3 times today before I pulled the trigger.

SASProbie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Windup Toy
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Love the look of that bumper/winch combo. Making me re-think ordering the HD Mod bumper and all the bash plates from Ford. I will wait and see a few of these installed to see how tough the relocation really is.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the look of that bumper/winch combo. Making me re-think ordering the HD Mod bumper and all the bash plates from Ford. I will wait and see a few of these installed to see how tough the relocation really is.
Totally understand. I was hoping to do the same but decided to jump in when I learned the backorder status. I think a lot of other aftermarket bumpers are in the same boat. I know a few I saw at Sema still are only in the development stage. Will be a wait for sure. But I will be glad to post the results as I am going to attempt the install myself.

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe the calibration can be done in Forscan based on my research. I ordered a ACC relocation bracket from Bay Area Fab and I'm going to modify it to work with my application. Any relocation behind the grill is going to require modification of the grill shutters, something I didn't want to do.

Main thing is the unit has to be mounted level and square. I have had zero issues with my homemade bracket while I wait for the one I ordered and I did not have to recalibrate it.

https://www.bayareametalfab.com/2021-BRONCO-ACC-relocation-bracket_p_170.html

Jose_911

Wildtrak
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am about to pull the trigger on a new Front Bumper for my Badlands with Lux package. Leaning toward ADD's ROCK FIGHTER WINCH FRONT BUMPER. They also sell an ACC relocation bracket that moves the ACC to behind the grill (as I understand it). I think I have seen only one other post on the forum where someone has done this so I am curious about others that may have done so and if there were any negative consequences, such as false signals, reliability, etc. I understand you may have to recalibrate it?? I have forscan myself but not sure how I would go about doing that... I called 4wheelparts general number, since they sell the below bumper and they indicated its not a big deal to move ACC sensor.

On another note, what about the front camera on the below setup. ADD indicates it doesn't interfere much if you opt for a winch where you can relocate the top control pack. Was looking at saving a few bucks and getting the Warn VR EVO 12S which claims it is moveable. Any truth to that? In contrast, I have seen other manufactures come out with a camera relocation kit, which to me could be used with other bumpers.

Finally, I would love to see some other Broncos with the below setup. It is very modular so there are a few different ways to set this up. I think my biggest concern is how long it will take to get. 4wheelparts is claiming up to 12 weeks :oops:

Ford Bronco Issues installing aftermarket bumpers that require relocating Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)? 1639698900394

I’m a week into my add bumper and relocation bracket so far my adaptive cruise control works 50/50 will check with my dealer about recalibrating it as it was done elsewhere.

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m a week into my add bumper and relocation bracket so far my adaptive cruise control works 50/50 will check with my dealer about recalibrating it as it was done elsewhere.
Ah man that is a bummer... Please keep me posted. I am in the process of getting my ADD bumper scheduled for installation (been a long wait for it that I will not get into here). I assume you did it yourself. Hopefully Dealer can rectify.

zane8stacks

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i installed the DV8 FS-15 which i call the poor mans ADD stealth fighter, and it shipped next day. with bumper, acc relocation, side wings and warn evo 10s i was out the door at $2200. I had no issues doing the relocation besides it being a little slow going. Taking out the 2 fins for the shutters was easy, and reversable since you pop them out as opposed to any cutting. Also no issues with the sensor either. after i got everything buttoned back up we took a 2 hour trip and had no issues with the ACC.

Here is my thread on the bumper if you want to see it. jump to last page for installed pics, but i dont think i ever uploaded a pic with both wings on.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/dv8-bumper.35022/

What kind of errors are people getting with their relocation?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update, finally getting these parts in this weekend. Hoping to get both the RF ADD Bumper/Winch and the RockSlide Engineering steps installed same day. Should make a big difference!

I will post some pics to this thread.

dmmjr_gas

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser - Magma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i installed the DV8 FS-15 which i call the poor mans ADD stealth fighter, and it shipped next day. with bumper, acc relocation, side wings and warn evo 10s i was out the door at $2200. I had no issues doing the relocation besides it being a little slow going. Taking out the 2 fins for the shutters was easy, and reversable since you pop them out as opposed to any cutting. Also no issues with the sensor either. after i got everything buttoned back up we took a 2 hour trip and had no issues with the ACC.

Here is my thread on the bumper if you want to see it. jump to last page for installed pics, but i dont think i ever uploaded a pic with both wings on.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/dv8-bumper.35022/

What kind of errors are people getting with their relocation?
I purchased the BAMF winch bumper and the ACC relocation bracket. When I use cruise, it sometimes slams the brakes on me fro a second on the hwy if someone is next to me. Installed myself, it came without the mounting bolts so I used a single screw. I think I have an installer error problem. I'm going to try to secure it better and square it up this weekend. Do you really need to remove shutters? I didn't see that page in the destructions.

BBJ BRONCO IV

Badlands
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update, finally getting these parts in this weekend. Hoping to get both the RF ADD Bumper/Winch and the RockSlide Engineering steps installed same day. Should make a big difference!

I will post some pics to this thread.
looking forward to see how your install goes. I am looking at the same bumper/inch set up. I have been wondering if front springs should be replaced due to the added weight. But haven’t done the research yet.

dmmjr_gas

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser - Magma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I purchased the BAMF winch bumper and the ACC relocation bracket. When I use cruise, it sometimes slams the brakes on me fro a second on the hwy if someone is next to me. Installed myself, it came without the mounting bolts so I used a single screw. I think I have an installer error problem. I'm going to try to secure it better and square it up this weekend. Do you really need to remove shutters? I didn't see that page in the destructions.
I had this same issue. I also had loose bolts on the sides of the bracket. Tightened the bolts so unit has slight angle down and removed top three shutters and now it works perfect.

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

looking forward to see how your install goes. I am looking at the same bumper/inch set up. I have been wondering if front springs should be replaced due to the added weight. But haven’t done the research yet.
Hi, I installed this way back in spring of last year, so it's been done for awhile. I will post a couple more pics below. Bottom line, I have not seen any need to add front springs and neither did my dealer, which actually did the install. Probably added nearly 12,000 miles on it since then and some of that was offroading, including the event at SuperCell East.

The only problem I have with the install is my ACC bracket relocation is not perfect. I have never had it slam on brakes like the guy above explained but it does sometimes lose the car in front of me so will speed up (so opposite problem). I just have to watch it more.

Ford Bronco Issues installing aftermarket bumpers that require relocating Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)? 20220327 Bronco after ADD Bumper Install 01 web

Ford Bronco Issues installing aftermarket bumpers that require relocating Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)? 20220604 Uwharrie Trip w Carolina Bronco Club 28 web
Sponsored