Sponsored

Issues installing aftermarket bumpers that require relocating Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)?

BBJ BRONCO IV

Badlands
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats a good looking bronco! thanks for the info regarding springs. Did you have fog lights? I have the capable bumper with fogs so not sure what to do with them. Would like to keep them. But that’s a nit.
Sponsored

BBJ BRONCO IV

Badlands
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats a good looking bronco! thanks for the info regarding springs. Did you have fog lights? I have the capable bumper with fogs so not sure what to do with them. Would like to keep them. But that’s a nit.

btw. How do you like your deployable steps.

dmmjr_gas

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser - Magma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi, I installed this way back in spring of last year, so it's been done for awhile. I will post a couple more pics below. Bottom line, I have not seen any need to add front springs and neither did my dealer, which actually did the install. Probably added nearly 12,000 miles on it since then and some of that was offroading, including the event at SuperCell East.

The only problem I have with the install is my ACC bracket relocation is not perfect. I have never had it slam on brakes like the guy above explained but it does sometimes lose the car in front of me so will speed up (so opposite problem). I just have to watch it more.

20220327 Bronco after ADD Bumper Install 01 web.jpg

20220604 Uwharrie Trip w Carolina Bronco Club 28 web.jpg
Agree. I don’t see the need for uprated springs. The stock Badlands setup his beefy enough to handle the bumper and my Warn Evo 10k with no difference in front end clearance.

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

btw. How do you like your deployable steps.
About the fog light question. No, I didnt have the capable bumper, only the module bumper with no factory lights. I wired all of these into my overhead switch console, which was very easy to do.

Deployable steps are great. Probably gets noticed more than any other mods and is something that actually gets used daily!

BBJ BRONCO IV

Badlands
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Copy all. Have you used the camera on the trail with the winch out there? How much of the view is blocked?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

None now. :) I moved it to the top of my bumper loop. I have a DIY on here somewhere doing that too. I can look for it if interested.

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model