First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When using Apple Carplay, I've been having this issue where the audio will sound muffled for a short period of time, and then it just goes back to normal. It's starting to become very irritating, because it happens every time I go for a drive. The audio will randomly go muffled/(sounds like its coming from only 2 speakers with no bass), and then you just have to wait until it corrects itself.

Here are the steps I've taken so far to try and troubleshoot.
  • Tried using various genuine USB-C cables
  • Tried using a different phone
  • Disabled Wireless Carplay - Only using strictly USB
  • Tried resetting the infotainment system (Press and hold both the Power button (center of the volume knob) and the Seek Right button for 10 seconds)
  • Updated iPhone to latest iOS as of this post - 15.3.1
  • Turned off sound check on iPhone (Settings > Music > Sound Check)
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so this does not happen with Sirius or regular radio? Strange one. I'm having issues that my phone no longer automatically connects to carplay, worked fine for a while. Dealer did a complete system reset that didn't help, now they ordered the APIM (stands for Accessory Protocol Interface Module. It is essentially the brain of the Sync system) for me, we'll see if that fixes it.
Have you taken it in to the dealer? They could check if all software is up to date and do a reset as well. Odd it only happens with carplay.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When using Apple Carplay, I've been having this issue where the audio will sound muffled for a short period of time, and then it just goes back to normal. It's starting to become very irritating, because it happens every time I go for a drive. The audio will randomly go muffled/(sounds like its coming from only 2 speakers with no bass), and then you just have to wait until it corrects itself.

• Tried resetting the infotainment system (Press and hold both the Power button (center of the volume knob) and the Seek Right button for 10 seconds)
Not sure if it's the same but I've noticed a change in sound when I open the Amazon app. Idk why but it does. So maybe close out apps?

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what's the source of the audio coming from the iPhone?
is it being streamed over 5G or resident on the device?

BadK22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco '92 Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Welcome to Apple CarPlay. I’ve had lots of issues with it on Fords, VWs, and Jeeps. Have you checked to see if there’s an update available for Sync?

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Your Bronco is telling you to play some rock music. :LOL:

vancomycin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have started having this issue for the past few weeks! Could not even figure out how to describe it to google properly. Did you ever find a fix? Not sure if I'm imagining it but I feel like it happens when I get pretty close to home / home wifi/GPS.

StrikerTC

Wildtrak
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've had this issue when listening to Amazon Music or Audible. Within 5 minutes of starting my Bronco, the sound acts like it switches to mono. If I stop the audio and start it back up, it's OK for the rest of the drive. It does this most of the time in carplay but only in carplay.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is it only with Dolby digital songs on Amazon music or all,

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
CarPlay sucks. Mine is in and out the whole ride....

Sponsored

PrincipalD

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have clunky interactions with Amazon Music. Also, found that if I have aspects of Amazon open with Alexa it sounds like it only comes from the front speaker.

vancomycin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thought the Amazon comments were a red herring, but after looking up Amazon carplay issues, I pinpointed the fix for my specific situation - I turned off location services for the Amazon Alexa app on my iPhone, and I no longer have the audio muffling when I leave/arrive at home!

I suspect the Alexa app was activating every time my car & phone got within the few block geofence around my home, and messed with the audio temporarily.

@TheGrizzyBronco I think you may have been the only one in this thread with the same issue as me; if you're still having this issue, try this out!

Glad for the hints from everyone on this forum!

OP
OP
TheGrizzyBronco
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought the Amazon comments were a red herring, but after looking up Amazon carplay issues, I pinpointed the fix for my specific situation - I turned off location services for the Amazon Alexa app on my iPhone, and I no longer have the audio muffling when I leave/arrive at home!

I suspect the Alexa app was activating every time my car & phone got within the few block geofence around my home, and messed with the audio temporarily.

@TheGrizzyBronco I think you may have been the only one in this thread with the same issue as me; if you're still having this issue, try this out!

Glad for the hints from everyone on this forum!
Turning off location services for the Alexa app fixed my issue! All the credit goes to you my friend!
Sponsored