Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi Everyone,

I am the proud new owner of a 23 4-door OBX that I purchased one month ago today. I really enjoy the Bronco and have already put 2,600 miles on it in just one month!

There are two issues that I have been having and I wonder if anyone else has experienced these. I've spoken to a few Bronco owners locally and none seem to have these issues.

FordPass App: The night I purchased the Bronco, the salesman tried to activate the vehicle through the app and it kept failing. About a week later, I was finally able to get it activated while setting in my driveway. It worked great for about two weeks. I could remote start the vehicle and check on its stats through the app. The app will no longer connect to the Bronco. The last time it synced was on 1/17/23. Has anyone else had this problem with the app?

Alarm: This one is rather frustrating. In the month that I've had the Bronco, the alarm has gone off at least 6-7 times. One time it alerted me through the app and stated the security system detected the hood open and triggered the alarm. After checking the vehicle, I could never figure out why the alarm went off. The other times, I did not receive an alert through the app, I just heard the horn honking in my driveway. Has anyone else had issues with the alarm going off at random?

Other than those two items, I absolutely love this vehicle. I started really looking at them in September. I called around to several dealers and found one that would sell at MSRP. I told them that my main requirement was a MIC. A couple months later, the salesman called me to let me know they had one that had just arrived that the customer backed out on and it was mine for the taking. I took it!
Sponsored

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check if battery terminals are tight and all fuses seated.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Me too. I called today and it’s a know issue that is being worked on. F150 also. My last sync was also about a week ago.

Southern62

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am not alone. The app worked fine, locking doors etc, then all of a sudden it just stops communicating. I reloaded app, cleared the cache... Nothing works

Kphip2

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Eclipse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup same here, last sync was a few days ago. Tried everything before calling and being informed it is a widespread problem with 23 Broncos and F-150s. Was told there should be an update within two weeks, not holding my breath.

Sponsored

lni

Badlands
First Name
Lni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2Dr Badsquatch, Porsche GT4, BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Others have had "Hood Open" dashboard errors that were a result of the electronic button not being adjusted appropriately. This could cause what you are describing, from the alarm going on perspective.

OP
OP

Kronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ended up contacting FordPass technical support. The rep had me do a couple of resets, but ended up explaining that it was a known issue with 2023 Broncos and F150s. They said that an update should come out in early February and if I still had the issue at the end of next week, to call back.

The rep did tell me to make sure that the Bronco was connected to my home WiFi network and to make sure that I had automatic updates turned on.

Unfortunately, the Bronco no longer sees and will not manually connect to my WiFi network. I was able to connect it without issue once I activated it a few weeks ago.

I wonder if the 2023s have a batch of bad modems in them. It sure looks like to me that I should be able to connect it to my WiFi network.

@lni What is the electronic button that you were referring to with the hood and alarm?

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've owned a 2023 for about 6 weeks now, and this is the second time it stopped working.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I noticed mine now showing location so it did update. Will try remote start tonight. I called dealership today and they had no idea wht I was talking about

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me, it’s reassuring that the vehicle won’t start if the hood is not “proven” closed in the electronics. A safety issue. I need to try mine.

Hope Ford works out the issue for you guys.

Sponsored

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Okay it remote started tonight. Seems like it’s been fixed.

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've owned a 2023 for about 6 weeks now, and this is the second time it stopped working.
Hey there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP

Kronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I guess some good news! This morning the FordPass app was able to connect to my Bronco without issue! Now to try and figure out what is causing the alarm to go off randomly. Fortunately, it has been about two weeks since that last occurred.

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
While I appreciate their attempt to assist, dealing with the Ford MoCo social media folks above proved to be pointless. Yesterday, I got a call from an unenthusiastic Ford MoCo employee, and their response to absolutely everything and anything was to make a service appointment.

This morning, I popped the hood, disconnected the negative battery terminal, grabbed some Invisible Glass, spent 5 minutes cleaning the windows, reconnected the terminal, and everything started working again.

Note to self, I wouldn't mind having hood struts.
Sponsored