First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I guess some good news! This morning the FordPass app was able to connect to my Bronco without issue! Now to try and figure out what is causing the alarm to go off randomly. Fortunately, it has been about two weeks since that last occurred.
Good morning! Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership info at your earliest convenience. I can look into this for you.
Sponsored

Alvis007

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am not alone. The app worked fine, locking doors etc, then all of a sudden it just stops communicating. I reloaded app, cleared the cache... Nothing works
The only fix to this is resetting your modem by disconnecting it from power. You can do this either by pulling fuse #20 on drivers side fuse panel ( which I suggest getting a fuse remover/tweezer because mini fuse is pretty hard to come out ) or by disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes.

This has happened to me 3 times with little less than 1k miles on my Big Bend. Supposedly Ford is aware of this problem and will send out an update who knows when.

Southern62

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The only fix to this is resetting your modem by disconnecting it from power. You can do this either by pulling fuse #20 on drivers side fuse panel ( which I suggest getting a fuse remover/tweezer because mini fuse is pretty hard to come out ) or by disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes.

This has happened to me 3 times with little less than 1k miles on my Big Bend. Supposedly Ford is aware of this problem and will send out an update who knows when.
Funny thing... 2 days later it started working again...

RYD003

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve had the issue with the alarm and same notification about hood…. Probably 3 times in three weeks

Sponsored

milla61

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ended up contacting FordPass technical support. The rep had me do a couple of resets, but ended up explaining that it was a known issue with 2023 Broncos and F150s. They said that an update should come out in early February and if I still had the issue at the end of next week, to call back.

The rep did tell me to make sure that the Bronco was connected to my home WiFi network and to make sure that I had automatic updates turned on.

Unfortunately, the Bronco no longer sees and will not manually connect to my WiFi network. I was able to connect it without issue once I activated it a few weeks ago.

I wonder if the 2023s have a batch of bad modems in them. It sure looks like to me that I should be able to connect it to my WiFi network.

@lni What is the electronic button that you were referring to with the hood and alarm?
Disconnect the negative battery terminal for about 10 minutes. That’s what I have to do when my FordPass stops working.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yup same here, last sync was a few days ago. Tried everything before calling and being informed it is a widespread problem with 23 Broncos and F-150s. Was told there should be an update within two weeks, not holding my breath.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 21 that had this issue (can't ever connect). Fordpass folks tried to help, and gave me a code to the issue to tell the dealer. It didn't work. The dealer suspected I had a fleet designation on my vehicle. I called Ford pass again, they checked and said they it didn't have a fleet designation.

My dealer called fordpass. They decided together the modem needs to be replaced. Today marks a day short of 5 weeks at the dealer with the dash ripped off waiting for the TCU/modem. I called Ford twice. The person was very helpful, but can't do much since the part isn't a ford part. It's on back order due to constraints and no eta.

After this 5 weeks I called my dealer and am just having them put the dash back on so I can get it back. I feel bad that they'll have to take the dash apart yet again when the part comes in. We'll just get it fixed when the TCU finally gets delivered. Who knows when that will be.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a 2022 Wildtrak and the app stop working after 4 months. I have done every thing and have concluded that my modem is bad.

I really do not want to take it and have them tear apart the dash and then have it sit waiting for a new modem.

I have a 21 that had this issue (can't ever connect). Fordpass folks tried to help, and gave me a code to the issue to tell the dealer. It didn't work. The dealer suspected I had a fleet designation on my vehicle. I called Ford pass again, they checked and said they it didn't have a fleet designation.

My dealer called fordpass. They decided together the modem needs to be replaced. Today marks a day short of 5 weeks at the dealer with the dash ripped off waiting for the TCU/modem. I called Ford twice. The person was very helpful, but can't do much since the part isn't a ford part. It's on back order due to constraints and no eta.

After this 5 weeks I called my dealer and am just having them put the dash back on so I can get it back. I feel bad that they'll have to take the dash apart yet again when the part comes in. We'll just get it fixed when the TCU finally gets delivered. Who knows when that will be.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 2022 Wildtrak and the app stop working after 4 months. I have done every thing and have concluded that my modem is bad.

I really do not want to take it and have them tear apart the dash and then have it sit waiting for a new modem.

Yah, it's been a pain. The issue too, is that since it's not a Ford part, my dealer had to get it out of the dash just to even get the part number to order it.

If you take it in, just ask them to get it out, order it, then put your dash back on and get your Bronco back since you know you'll be waiting for the part. Also, the dealer has to order it (instead of us findings one somewhere) if it's to be covered under warranty.

My dealer already has the warranty info on the fix. I'll just have them do it the next time I take it in for service (if it's even there by then lol).

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
seems a bit strange as Ford must know/should know what part is in their vehicles.

Yah, it's been a pain. The issue too, is that since it's not a Ford part, my dealer had to get it out of the dash just to even get the part number to order it.

If you take it in, just ask them to get it out, order it, then put your dash back on and get your Bronco back since you know you'll be waiting for the part. Also, the dealer has to order it (instead of us findings one somewhere) if it's to be covered under warranty.

My dealer already has the warranty info on the fix. I'll just have them do it the next time I take it in for service (if it's even there by then lol).

Last edited:

milla61

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
Is there going to be some kind of update? I have to unhook my battery every few days to get my modem to work. I’ve had my bronco for 2 months now and it’s only worked about half the time.

FlaBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford Expedition, 2012 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just took delivery of my 2023 Bronco Badlands and was enjoying all the connectivity features such as Ford Streaming, Alexa music and so forth.

Today, 10-days into ownership, it appears that I've lost all connectivity as I no longer have Alexa music on my Entertainment Sources screen, the FordPass App is showing outdated mileage and range information, the remote start/lock/unlock features are not working, and the connectivity menu options are not working.

Ford Bronco Issues with FordPass and Alarm IMG_2958

When I tap on Connectivity Settings within the Connectivity screen, the pop up menu will either display a spinner and close (without any message) or a dialog titled "Menu Not Available" with the message "Connectivity Settings are currently not available. Please wait and try again later. If the problem persists, please see your dealer."

Ford Bronco Issues with FordPass and Alarm IMG_2956

I found several topics on the Bronco6G forum describing the issue and suggesting remedies such as disconnecting the battery or the #20 fuse on the interior fuse box so it sounds like I am not the only person with the issue.

I called and spoke with a Ford Pass representative who informed me that Ford is aware of the issue and expects a fix within the next month or so. I subsequently spoke with two additional representatives in hopes of getting a more definitive answer or, perhaps a chance to speak with a tech. One person was unaware of any such issue and another in the "interior technology/over the air department" gave me a case # CAS-41322306.

Can someone at Ford provide clarification on what our expectation should be regarding the reliability of the connectivity system? For example, I am no longer able to depend on the use of the Ford Pass App to unlock my doors if I leave the keys in the vehicle. Also, can I really expect my system to start working in the "next month or so" or am I being given "happy talk"? Should I be feeling this level of disappointment after waiting 2 years and 4 months for my Bronco?

SkiRig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just took delivery of my 2023 Bronco Badlands and was enjoying all the connectivity features such as Ford Streaming, Alexa music and so forth.

Today, 10-days into ownership, it appears that I've lost all connectivity as I no longer have Alexa music on my Entertainment Sources screen, the FordPass App is showing outdated mileage and range information, the remote start/lock/unlock features are not working, and the connectivity menu options are not working.

When I tap on Connectivity Settings within the Connectivity screen, the pop up menu will either display a spinner and close (without any message) or a dialog titled "Menu Not Available" with the message "Connectivity Settings are currently not available. Please wait and try again later. If the problem persists, please see your dealer."

I found several topics on the Bronco6G forum describing the issue and suggesting remedies such as disconnecting the battery or the #20 fuse on the interior fuse box so it sounds like I am not the only person with the issue.

I called and spoke with a Ford Pass representative who informed me that Ford is aware of the issue and expects a fix within the next month or so. I subsequently spoke with two additional representatives in hopes of getting a more definitive answer or, perhaps a chance to speak with a tech. One person was unaware of any such issue and another in the "interior technology/over the air department" gave me a case # CAS-41322306.

Can someone at Ford provide clarification on what our expectation should be regarding the reliability of the connectivity system? For example, I am no longer able to depend on the use of the Ford Pass App to unlock my doors if I leave the keys in the vehicle. Also, can I really expect my system to start working in the "next month or so" or am I being given "happy talk"? Should I be feeling this level of disappointment after waiting 2 years and 4 months for my Bronco?
This sucks. I suspect this is what is going on with mine too. I took delivery of my Bronco a week ago. The Ford Pass app worked just fine, until this morning. Now it gets stuck in a loop when I try to check the mileage or the location.

FlaBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford Expedition, 2012 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was told that the problem would be resolved via an Over the Air Update but I'm wondering if that will be possible since I'm unable to connect to WiFi and am experiencing connection issues.

Does anyone know if OTA Updates are possible with a modem that is unable to connect?
Sponsored