Sponsored

It’s been a year… how long will this go on?

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got reservation confirmation 1 year ago today. I placed my reservation on 7/13/20 and got my confirmation email the following day. I have a basesquatch on order with aux switches, mod bumper, floor mats, door & roof bags, 10 spd auto 2.3 with mic top. I am not posting this to complain, i am posting this out of nostalgia, since i reserved this thing a year ago. I feel like a year ago i would have thought i was crazy if i still didnt have a build date in sight a year from then. Would i have even preordered knowing that? I cant be sure i would have. I am still as excited as i was a year ago and each little drop of aftermarket gear and accessories gets me even more excited, but really how long can this go on? I have dreams of modding my bronco with cool parts & accessories, but it seems so wrong to buy these things without even knowing if i am going to get a 2021 model year bronco. This is killing me😵💫🤕😂
Sponsored

SCADABronx

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC100, Gen2 Pilot, MX P100D, Gen1 MDX, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With that build and reservation, I would assume you'd have it in your driveway by now. Have any been delivered to MA? My dealer still doesn't have a mannequin. Hang in there :)

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The entire thing is beyond ridiculous. Never would I have ever believed it would be this difficult to hand over north of $50K to a car maker. The reality is, if the brain trust at Ford would improve communication with reservation holders things would be a tad better. If Ford would “ adapt”, to the situation, by relaxing the model option set ups, then more order holders could get their vehicles. Allow other models to be built with options currently not available. Total chaos is the rule as it pertains to the Bronco release. There is no excuse for this.

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup, will be a year for me tomorrow. I also have a Basesquatch and heard absolutely nothing. I see some have been delivered and they also had early reservations like 7/13. It has to be something to do with the dealers, their allocations and them setting priority. I am also still yet to see one other than in pictures.

OP
OP
Richw23

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That MIC top is gonna hurt you.
See this is where i have an issue with this whole thing, we were told the painted black top would hurt ur delivery date and now its down to the MIC top will now also postpone delivery, but how are people who placed orders after me already receiving orders with a MIC top? If we just had real info straight up from ford we could possibly change or adapt our orders because of constraints. They had so many painted top orders and then they said u wont get those until 2022, now 2023, so they changed to mostly the MIC top and now that has caused a log jam on the MIC tops as well. If ford were to say tomorrow we can ONLY produce a soft top there would instantly be a shortage of soft tops and the hard top adapter kits. Really there is no communication except for the friday dump they send us with the bad news every few months. Its sad.

OP
OP
Richw23

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yup, will be a year for me tomorrow. I also have a Basesquatch and heard absolutely nothing. I see some have been delivered and they also had early reservations like 7/13. It has to be something to do with the dealers, their allocations and them setting priority. I am also still yet to see one other than in pictures.
You would think that somewhere in the ford list of priorities it would say customers current vehicle. Mine would say Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and i would think that would make me a high priority to change brands from a very established competitor to a new model reserved.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This reminds me of a line from Jurassic Park....Jeff Goldblum: "Ah, now eventually you do plan to have dinosaurs on your, on your dinosaur tour, right? "

I feel like i'm on Ford's ride and I was promised a Bronco early on and I haven't seen any yet

Old Hound

Wildtrak
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

it's a year today and I am still no closer to getting a BRONCO. I'm old and running out of time and Patience on this, a year with no real response from FORD. Someone in upper management should loose there jobs over a role out that has been the biggest debacle
since the EDSEL at Ford.

Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

it's a year today and I am still no closer to getting a BRONCO. I'm old and running out of time and Patience on this, a year with no real response from FORD. Someone in upper management should loose there jobs over a role out that has been the biggest debacle
since the EDSEL at Ford.
This⬆

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It speaks volumes that a year after the launch Ford was completely silent last night. I have had a few people on this site tell me to cancel my Rez when I voice my frustrations. The reality is, if Ford would tell me when my first day reservation was projected to be built I would shut up.

At this point, I am close to pulling the trigger on a Wrangler, mostly because I have been in vehicle limbo since this debacle began and it seems like it’s not ending any time soon.

I think Ford built a nice concept vehicle with a limited run, for a select few. After the priority orders and the dealer stock taking precedence over reservations, I can’t help but feel like Ford gave me a huge middle finger (which might be the perfect Bronco wave).

Anyway, I will likely be off the Bronco train after tomorrow with some regret that I didn’t grab a Wrangler last year before inflation took hold. Good luck to all of you and see you on the trail.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That MIC top is gonna hurt you.
You ever gone to a fast food restaurant known for a specific meal, requested that meal item and they say "we're sorry we currently don't have any fries/burgers/soda/chicken/tacos/burritos"?
Actually I had this happen at Dunkin Donuts the other day. The one near me is only open til 7pm...i was randomly hungry for a coffee and a donut and popped in their drive through at 620. Pulled up to the window and DUNKIN DONUTS tells me, "We're sorry, we don't have any more donuts". Dunkin Donuts has 40 minutes on the clock and their out of the thing in their title.

This feels like that with Ford. Oh you want a vehicle with a roof. Yeah we're out of roofs. Oh you want a vehicle with big shocks, yeah we don't have any of those right now.
Sponsored