Sponsored

It’s been a year… how long will this go on?

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Forms Ford’s viewpoint, anytime they communicate it causes mass confusion. Take the last one for example: Ford said mod tops to ‘23, 20% less Mic tops than ordered, and please convert to Soft top.

We had people on here interpret that as wait, you mean I can’t get a Mod top this fall, to I’m switching to Mod top in ‘22, to there will only be enough MIC tops for FE, to 2 Door is delayed to ‘22, to only 2 Doors get MIC tops and Ford is going to build all the 2 Doors, to Ford said get MICs.

Then, there is the constant switching of orders in response to every way the soup of information and misinformation sloshes , making it even more difficult for Ford to plan and schedule.

Net: every time they communicate, the hive starts buzzing and swarming, which creates chaos in the order system.
That’s because Ford is shit at communicating clearly, regularly, and transparently. Communication itself isnt the problem, Ford just sucks at it. Hell they don’t even communicate well with their dealers.
Sponsored

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And in the meantime the Wrangler has posted back-to-back best ever sales quarters. Some of those, I'm sure, are frustrated reservation holders tired of the wait. But I wonder if it's also the law of unintended consequences at work as well.
The huge media blitz surrounding the Bronco launch has brought ton's of attention to the segment. And I'm betting that it got the interest of folks who never thought about a 'hard core' off road vehicle, and have no predisposition to Jeep or Ford. Once interested, and realizing it could be a few years until they could get a Bronco, went with the Wrangler by default. Many may revisit the Bronco in a few years when availability is less of an issue.
But wouldn't it be ironic if all the hype over the Bronco is partly responsible for the Wranglers 25%(!) quarterly increase.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1%ers should be happy and positive. You are in the cool kid group mate, of course you are pleased. The other 99% have no fucking clue when our trucks are going to be built (plus us who prefer hard tops are SOL)
I’m wildtrak lux tow and hard top.
I also picked a big, high volume dealer and put a real deposit down (not sure if it helped but look at the facts)

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This reminds me of a line from Jurassic Park....Jeff Goldblum: "Ah, now eventually you do plan to have dinosaurs on your, on your dinosaur tour, right? "

I feel like i'm on Ford's ride and I was promised a Bronco early on and I haven't seen any yet
So in other words, life finds a way (but Ford doesn't). ;)

Ford Bronco It’s been a year… how long will this go on? 1626267620296

Sponsored

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A reservation is not an order. It's like calling a restaurant at noon to make an 8:00PM reservation, then noting/complaining that that it took 8 hours and twenty minutes to get your food when it came out @8:20PM. We all had the Build & Price come out at the same time and all our orders all pulled in March. We have all been waiting just under four months, not a year. Early reservation holders have not been waiting any longer for their order than anyone else any more than someone who made a dinner reservation an hour earlier than someone else for the same meal/ordering time.
But some of us called at noon on a Monday for that 8pm reservation, then arrived to the restaurant on time and placed our order, and got told we might not get our food until Wednesday.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But some of us called at noon on a Monday for that 8pm reservation, then arrived to the restaurant on time and placed our order, and got told we might not get our food until Wednesday.
More like we were told that the restaurant doesnt even have a loose eta on when our food would be ready.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just think, some people will have reserved the same time as you and will still be without a bronco in a year from now! 💀

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
More like we were told that the restaurant doesnt even have a loose eta on when our food would be ready.
Meanwhile, watching others come in for their reservation, get seated, eat, and go home while we wait. Then, a party of 6 is seated without a reservation, but are willing to pay more, so they get what you order.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Today's my year anniversary! I've already 99'd myself to '22 waiting on a white top which now isn't available until '23. Glad seeing pictures of happy campers that have already gotten theirs but it'll be rough once they start showing up locally on the roads here and knowing I still have a long wait ahead of me.

Ford Bronco It’s been a year… how long will this go on? 70eb5ea1381844a63b86957cb2ff7b54

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One year anniversary for me, too. The thrill is gone. The model is even starting to look dated in pics now. I'm not bailing for a Jeep though. If Toyota revealed another FJ and it had removeable roof and doors, I'd kiss my $1k deposit goodbye and never look back. For now, I'm stuck waiting with the rest of you. Funny, this will be my first brand new vehicle purchase - I never could have imagined a perfect storm scenario like this, but it certainly is my luck :cautious:

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One year anniversary for me, too. The thrill is gone. The model is even starting to look dated in pics now. I'm not bailing for a Jeep though. If Toyota revealed another FJ and it had removeable roof and doors, I'd kiss my $1k deposit goodbye and never look back. For now, I'm stuck waiting with the rest of you. Funny, this will be my first brand new vehicle purchase - I never could have imagined a perfect storm scenario like this, but it certainly is my luck :cautious:
I'd even lean towards a 4runner if it got an update.

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ditto that - I can't believe Toyota hasn't put something with removable doors and roof out there. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.
Sponsored