Sponsored

It’s been a year… how long will this go on?

Jedi2.0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is my first post. I’ve been trying to stay patient, but one year ago today I reserved my Bronco. Enough already! No production date, no news, no updates, nothing but bullish!t from my useless dealer. Every day with no update I get closer to being done with it. TBH, I’m really not even excited about it anymore.
No doubt, today makes 1yr and 1d since my res and I’m in the same boat. Very frustrating not having a clue as to when it would be scheduled. It’s wild, I reserved within the first few hours and at this point thinking that I’ll get pushed to 2022 if I don’t switch to a Softtop from a MIC top.

What we are seeing is they can’t fulfill what was reserved within the first 4 hours of reservations. Except they are going around those early reservations with all of the priority and VIP orders.

I think there are many reservations that were abandoned so now dealers have stock. Then there are people that reserved likely with the intention of flipping it from the beginning.

I almost with they would require a substantial deposit prior to scheduling to shake out the reservations that are abandoned so us faithful that are going to though with the purchase can actually get it.
Sponsored

Lovecato

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got reservation confirmation 1 year ago today. I placed my reservation on 7/13/20 and got my confirmation email the following day. I have a basesquatch on order with aux switches, mod bumper, floor mats, door & roof bags, 10 spd auto 2.3 with mic top. I am not posting this to complain, i am posting this out of nostalgia, since i reserved this thing a year ago. I feel like a year ago i would have thought i was crazy if i still didnt have a build date in sight a year from then. Would i have even preordered knowing that? I cant be sure i would have. I am still as excited as i was a year ago and each little drop of aftermarket gear and accessories gets me even more excited, but really how long can this go on? I have dreams of modding my bronco with cool parts & accessories, but it seems so wrong to buy these things without even knowing if i am going to get a 2021 model year bronco. This is killing me😵💫🤕😂
I am 74 so time goes faster for me! I reserved on 8/2/20. If my Bronco comes in Sept-Oct so be it. My concern is if it comes Dec 1, what do I call it a 2021 or 2022?

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You would think that somewhere in the ford list of priorities it would say customers current vehicle. Mine would say Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and i would think that would make me a high priority to change brands from a very established competitor to a new model reserved.
Yes, let's add even more layers of complexity to the enigma that is Ford's build scheduling.

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Happy None Year Day 🍾Fellow 1 and 2 Reservation holders that still have heard NOTHING regarding build dates. For those who are moving on you have to do what you have to do life is too short not to get out there. As others have said, Ford heads should roll, the excitement of the announcement a year ago has waned and at this point I could care less when I received my Bronco as long as I am still under price protection. I am not going to cancel and let the lame dealer make a higher margin on my Bronco.
Me to my wife July 14th 2020, well we got our reservation in in the first 24 hours. We should get ours early summer 2021 and have it to enjoy and explore all summer long.

Me to my wife January 2021, well there has been some delays which is understandable, but still even so maybe we move back from May/June-ish to July or so, that's still the majority of summer and all of fall.

Me to my wife in April when we sold her Tucson leaving us with just my Abarth, we still don't know for sure yet, but at end of May we will get a timeline from Ford that should give us clear indication.

Me to my wife in June, okay so they ended up just saying "we don't know" about timing, but again we're day 1/2 res and should be good by at least end of August for our September camping trip.

Me to my wife in July, God I hope we have this thing before snow starts falling.

Me to my wife in 2023, maybe we should start considering other options.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got reservation confirmation 1 year ago today. I placed my reservation on 7/13/20 and got my confirmation email the following day. I have a basesquatch on order with aux switches, mod bumper, floor mats, door & roof bags, 10 spd auto 2.3 with mic top. I am not posting this to complain, i am posting this out of nostalgia, since i reserved this thing a year ago. I feel like a year ago i would have thought i was crazy if i still didnt have a build date in sight a year from then. Would i have even preordered knowing that? I cant be sure i would have. I am still as excited as i was a year ago and each little drop of aftermarket gear and accessories gets me even more excited, but really how long can this go on? I have dreams of modding my bronco with cool parts & accessories, but it seems so wrong to buy these things without even knowing if i am going to get a 2021 model year bronco. This is killing me😵💫🤕😂
I guess from the "glass half full" perspective, you are a year closer to having one in your driveway!

Sponsored

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i'm in line like everyone else, one year today since reservation. i have had zero emails from ford or the dealer since i gave them my $100 deposit. i also put my order in 1/21/21 when the order banks first opened. it would be nice if ford kept there promise and gave us a ball park delivery date, example you will get your bronco sometime in fourth quarter 2021. fact is july is a wasted month, two weeks the bronco plant is down. august has to be mostly booked up now with bronco builds. So at most we got 2-3 months before changeover to MY22. that means you get your bronco for xmas maybe, but more liklely winter somtime. i would have bailed by now and bought something else, But all the dealer lots are completely bare, nothing in stock to buy. putting in order in for something like the explorer is no better, the explorer plant is down this whole month and who knows when it will be back up. if i order mach-e there wait times are as bad as bronco, 6+ months, plus the plant is closed down now and mach-e is sold out for MY21.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like to think that the MIC top, Badlands, 2.7l, SAS, 2 Door is holding me back too.......but when I see pics of dealer demos with those options showing up at dealers, it's hard to to take.
That's a real kick in the teeth.

Seeing some of the same options showing up on reservations gives me a little hope, but seeing them on dealer stock just ****** me off when we've heard the production schedule is packed for the first two years.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

i'm in line like everyone else, one year today since reservation. i have had zero emails from ford or the dealer since i gave them my $100 deposit. i also put my order in 1/21/21 when the order banks first opened. it would be nice if ford kept there promise and gave us a ball park delivery date, example you will get your bronco sometime in fourth quarter 2021. fact is july is a wasted month, two weeks the bronco plant is down. august has to be mostly booked up now with bronco builds. So at most we got 2-3 months before changeover to MY22. that means you get your bronco for xmas maybe, but more liklely winter somtime. i would have bailed by now and bought something else, But all the dealer lots are completely bare, nothing in stock to buy. putting in order in for something like the explorer is no better, the explorer plant is down this whole month and who knows when it will be back up. if i order mach-e there wait times are as bad as bronco, 6+ months, plus the plant is closed down now and mach-e is sold out for MY21.
There are Jeep’s out there. I 99’d my order and bought one today. Honestly, maybe I will buy a Bronco when one actually exists, but for now I have the rest of the summer to have fun.

Good luck to all of you, and know that one more first day reservation bowed out and put you one step closer to ….. to…. to who knows when🤷‍♂️, but anyway, good luck all the same.

Sponsored

sic5pointslow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250, 3 Mustangs, 2018 Audi, annnnd a Buick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just yell " I want to speak to your manager" at someone and feel better

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are Jeep’s out there. I 99’d my order and bought one today. Honestly, maybe I will buy a Bronco when one actually exists, but for now I have the rest of the summer to have fun.

Good luck to all of you, and know that one more first day reservation bowed out and put you one step closer to ….. to…. to who knows when🤷‍♂️, but anyway, good luck all the same.
Did you get the Jeep that you mentioned in your other thread? Would be interested to see it

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Did you get the Jeep that you mentioned in your other thread? Would be interested to see it
Yes, it has way more options then I intended, but it was an awesome test drive and a price that I couldn’t pass up.

C366448B-316D-4F0D-BA76-D94AB6C26FDF.jpeg

8278C7A6-DA69-4EC5-B118-23F65D3D5030.jpeg

Last edited:

croyco

Black Diamond
First Name
croydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am in the same boat. I would lease any car if I new the build date. Right know I am lost as to
do anything do to lack of info.
Also I ordered a Basesquatch because I thought less is better for delivery. How wrong I was.
My dealer told me they had 3 built 2 weeks ago. But no delivery. How long does it take for delivery from Detroit to Milwaukee.