Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Before it arrived, it was gone.

Delivery window was 6/7/22 to 6/13/2022.

Finally, after waiting 23 months. Reservation: hour-10, July 2020.

However, on 6/7, the delivery window was changed to 6/19 to 6/25.

Then, a few days later the delivery window changed to -- to --.

On 6/16 it was learned that the 2-door Badlands was damaged in a hail storm in Omaha, NE and cannot be sold as a new vehicle. Ping pong ball size hail.

After repairs are made (paid for by the transportation company) it will be sold by Ford at auction as a used vehicle.

So, no Bronco.

No new Build Date.

No communication from Ford.

After 23-months it was so close I could taste it.
Ford Bronco It was so close I could taste it... Production Photo
Sponsored

Last edited:

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very sorry to hear that. Hence why we should have an option to pick it up in Michigan.

mgraced

Outer Banks
First Name
Grace
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is definitely awful.

Sponsored

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’m guessing your dealer let you know? Have they laid out any options?

My condolences, this sucks.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This makes me sick to my stomach. It's worse than no build date, sitting on a dirt mountain, an ice mountain... having a shitty engine. I want to cry for you.

I hope your dealer and Ford can work something out like putting in a new order with a Priority 1, or locating an identical build that's been abandoned at any dealership and getting it to you at the agreed-upon price of the original. Anything else is not good enough.

OP
OP
babraunagel

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, found out by contacting Ford Customer Service. They let me know it was "In Transit" and was assigned a "Category F".

Found Ford's transportation code definitions online and a Category F is defined as having damage in excess of $1,000 and not eligible to be sold as a new vehicle. The vehicle will be sold at auction as a 'quality used vehicle'. It further states that the transportation company will be invoiced for the repairs, transportation to auction as well as other expenses.

Did some further research and found that there was a category 5 hail event (worst on a scale of 1 to 5) where the Bronco was located on 6/7.

I informed the dealership of my findings. Also called Ford and was passed to 10+ phone numbers ("no, this is not the right department, you need to contact _______ department". Finally gave up. Still no communication from Ford to me or the dealership.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow that’s unbelievably brutal. I might go out and buy or order a defender or a 4Runner and then in august put in a 23 order and enjoy the new vehicle until the bronco arrives.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If this was me the massive hail balls would have started pulverizing the vehicle as I turned off the dealership lot. Sorry for this occurring to you. Your BL is almost like mine.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, found out by contacting Ford Customer Service. They let me know it was "In Transit" and was assigned a "Category F".

Found Ford's transportation code definitions online and a Category F is defined as having damage in excess of $1,000 and not eligible to be sold as a new vehicle. The vehicle will be sold at auction as a 'quality used vehicle'. It further states that the transportation company will be invoiced for the repairs, transportation to auction as well as other expenses.

Did some further research and found that there was a category 5 hail event (worst on a scale of 1 to 5) where the Bronco was located on 6/7.

I informed the dealership of my findings. Also called Ford and was passed to 10+ phone numbers ("no, this is not the right department, you need to contact _______ department". Finally gave up. Still no communication from Ford to me or the dealership.
Your dealership should be in contact with their zone rep. Only the zone rep can place a priority build. I'm sure they will eventually take care of you. But right now the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

It's good that you took the initiative to ascertain the reason for the delay and the subsequent damage. The dealership probably never would have known nor cared to know why a customer's order never was delivered. You need to be persistent in pressing the issue at the dealership level so that they escalate the issue with the zone rep. The dealership can not set a priority code below 10.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can you find out which auction it will go to?

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wow...just wow. I remember how excited I was when I got my ship notice in the tracker and checking every couple of hours on transit progress. If I had gotten a call that my Bronco was totaled/damaged to where I would no longer be receiving, I probably would have thrown up after being so close.
Like @sjp said, I hope they have a solution that does not involve putting you back at the end of the line. All things considered you are handling this (publicly on the forum at least) quite professionally. I REALLY hope someone with influence comes across your post and it moves them enough to take action.

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found Ford's transportation code definitions online and a Category F is defined as having damage in excess of $1,000 and not eligible to be sold as a new vehicle.
I think I know what “F” represents here. So sorry, Brian.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.