Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Challenger SXT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So quite by accident in doing some research for my dad's potential replacement pickup I went down a rabbit hole and found myself scrolling past a bright red Ram 1500 Warlock which just looks so fucking cool. It got me thinking about the Bronco because honestly all I need is something to put the canoe into and head out to the beach on. Something the Warlock can do very easily. Even easier than the Bronco because I wouldn't have to put the damn canoe on the roof...

This has been unexpectedly jarring because up until last week I was perfectly content with waiting until next summer for my little base Bronco to make its way out to me. But what if it gets delayed again due to a (likely) second lockdown? What if I can't get out there on the Bronco and have to give up another summer?

These are hard times gang, is it just a passing fancy? I really hate that stupid knob gear selector they have in rams. I still haven't seen a Bronco in person. Pictures and video are one thing, but to be able to see one or sit in one for real would go a long way. Anyone else in this boat?
Sponsored

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree...I have been eyeing a 2007-2011 GT500 or 12/13 Boss 302 for years. But the those will be put on the back burner for a new Bronco for the wife. At times I totally feel like it is worth it, but the longer I wait those Stangs come creeping back into my mind.

Steamroller72

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM Sport Quad Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a RAM and loved it, but if I settle for another one now, I'll be trading it in within 2 years for a Bronco...

My current car is paid off.

Bronco is literally the only vehicle on the market I crave.

I'm waiting it out.

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Itā€™s a very hard wait. I sold my 2017 challenger in august and have been using my 72 nova as my daily driver which sounds cool but the comfort and luxuries of modern cars are irreplaceable. I probably sold my challenger too early but I wanted to save money for the bronco. Iā€™ve been looking at land rovers, which arenā€™t cool enough and the Mercedes g-wagon which is just out of my price range. So Iā€™m in it for the long haul, just wish it wasnā€™t so long.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So the financial expert penny pinchers around here probably wont like this, but I say since it sounds like you are wealthy or at least well-ish off like most folks on here. Just go grab a Warlock and love it until Ford has a Bronco that you will love even more. Then just trade it in and think of the money you spend between now and then and the depreciation as paying for a really cool rental car payment. Or just find one to lease for the summer. I mean me and my wife are sitting here trying to decide if its worth it to get dental this year for $25 a month. We dont have much money but we will get a Bronco in a year or 2. We have to wait, but thats fine. If you got money to burn, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't have fun for the rest of us.

Only analogy I really have is when I buy a beater car a run it into the ground and sell it for a quarter of what I paid 3 years later I think well thats a $2000 loss over 3 years. Thats like $1.50 a day. Not bad when you look at it that way.

Last edited:

Sponsored

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I also am looking at pickups (midsized) because the wait is so long and I'm thinking I just want one vehicle that can do it all. But I think the Bronco should be more reliable than the Ram

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fā€¢150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Haha. First world problems. Sorry, but this isn't that hard. Hundreds of thousands are outta work, can't make a mortgage payment, and are struggling to make ends meet. Waiting another year for your ride isn't the end of the world if it comes to that.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I also am looking at pickups (midsized) because the wait is so long and I'm thinking I just want one vehicle that can do it all. But I think the Bronco should be more reliable than the Ram
Yup...seriously considering that now.
Mainly because the way this is getting strung out, with covid delays, it's beginning to feel to me like Ford is getting caught in the middle. They never expected this to drag on so long....they promised a vvehicle for a certain delivery time frame, but are now stuck with delivering something while finding delays with all of their oem manufacturers.
So may delays. So many late availabilities. It's turnihhg into a patchwork vehicle.
The build and price alone is a good sign of The issues they are having....with 3 weeks to go before ordering starts, we still have a build and price that is not completely coherent.
I still expect an update to come in the next couple weeks so everyone can get a clearer idea of what they will be getting with updated information.

Having said that, I am on the fence now and have a short list of pick ups with the idea of getting one now and holding off a couple years for a 2022 or 2023 Bronco with the hope the dust will have settled by then. I will have a second vehicle to replace by then so it's all good.

bluezombi

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got rear-ended twice by nut jobs with Rams...
So no Rams for me... They just made me hate it. Ill wait for the Bronco hahaha

Or ill just lease a ranger for about 3 years if i cant wait... Just to wait out

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sas Mid Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Itā€™s a very hard wait. I sold my 2017 challenger in august and have been using my 72 nova as my daily driver which sounds cool but the comfort and luxuries of modern cars are irreplaceable. I probably sold my challenger too early but I wanted to save money for the bronco. Iā€™ve been looking at land rovers, which arenā€™t cool enough and the Mercedes g-wagon which is just out of my price range. So Iā€™m in it for the long haul, just wish it wasnā€™t so long.
Avoid landrover at all costs. They are high maintenance and very expensive to up keep(more so the newer ones)

Sponsored

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Waited to long ... I drive pick ups for work ... Mustang for speed and a Camry to the store ... The Bronco is personal! So yes I will wait ..

LoneStarBridger

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So quite by accident in doing some research for my dad's potential replacement pickup I went down a rabbit hole and found myself scrolling past a bright red Ram 1500 Warlock which just looks so fucking cool. It got me thinking about the Bronco because honestly all I need is something to put the canoe into and head out to the beach on. Something the Warlock can do very easily. Even easier than the Bronco because I wouldn't have to put the damn canoe on the roof...

This has been unexpectedly jarring because up until last week I was perfectly content with waiting until next summer for my little base Bronco to make its way out to me. But what if it gets delayed again due to a (likely) second lockdown? What if I can't get out there on the Bronco and have to give up another summer?

These are hard times gang, is it just a passing fancy? I really hate that stupid knob gear selector they have in rams. I still haven't seen a Bronco in person. Pictures and video are one thing, but to be able to see one or sit in one for real would go a long way. Anyone else in this boat?
Completely get your logic, and you are not alone. I went from only a Bronco, to recently driving in (being able to touch, see, feel, etc) my neighbors brand new Laramie Ram truck that has tons of bells and whistles for $8k less than a decked out BL. fortunate to have these first world problems, but regardless these are big money decisions, and rethinking things is only responsible. Good luck!

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha. First world problems. Sorry, but this isn't that hard. Hundreds of thousands are outta work, can't make a mortgage payment, and are struggling to make ends meet. Waiting another year for your ride isn't the end of the world if it comes to that.
The other great thing about first world problems is other people's issues are not relevant to the individual. I like most of the country never stopped working this year. There is no reason to put your life on hold.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those of us waiting for Mansquatch, the wait could go into spring of 2022! Add another year to early reservation holder wait time. Ive been obsessed with the Bronco since I heard it was coming back so I think I can wait.

While researching Bronco colors, I ended up looking at Mustang GTs and GT350s and now Iā€™m having bad thoughts Lol.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are lots of cool ass vehicles out there
I did get my oil change two weeks ago at my Toyota dealership on my taco, they had a brand new TRD Pro taco on the lot that was sexy as hell. I went and looked at it. But thatā€™s as far as it went. Iā€™ve had a love affair with the bronco since about 1979. Thatā€™s my lasting memory of riding in my Dads ā€˜73
So ya there are some sharp ass trucks out there but the moment I bought one and then seen a new bronco rollin down the street I wouldnā€™t be able to kick my own ass hard enough...
I just canā€™t do it...
Sponsored