Sponsored

Ive never been, How do you find offroad trails?

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Im in atlanta, and I found "alltrails" which seems geared to hiking more than 4wd cars, but the trails within 150 miles of me seem to largely be gravel trails that look like I could manage with a prius...

Is there somewhere else to go to find off-road opportunities?
Sponsored

Tito

Base
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969, 1971, 1966, 1973, 2022 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly, I'd check out some local clubs (check Facebook) to connect with, they will know the areas, difficulties, and give trail support (you really don't want to wheel alone on something with decent difficulty). You'll usually meet some pretty good people, I've made lifelong friends from such.
I've used alltrails as well, check the pics and reviews for better feedback

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, I'd check out some local clubs (check Facebook) to connect with, they will know the areas, difficulties, and give trail support (you really don't want to wheel alone on something with decent difficulty). You'll usually meet some pretty good people, I've made lifelong friends from such.
I've used alltrails as well, check the pics and reviews for better feedback
Yep, great advice. There are numerous books (if people still read those :sneaky:) aps, websites. You can check with the Forrest service for maps as well. Trails off road is a great resource.

Sponsored

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im in atlanta, and I found "alltrails" which seems geared to hiking more than 4wd cars, but the trails within 150 miles of me seem to largely be gravel trails that look like I could manage with a prius...

Beasely Knob...$5 fee...https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/conf/recarea/?recid=10533

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You live in a great area, but for what you seek-
You will need to go north or west.... run that Bronco to the mountains- off road challenge is available in the Smokies and the high desert west.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are in luck! The Bronco has a built in trail mapping system!

Quoting Ford, “The trail mapping system available on Bronco is truly a game-changer in the off-road community“.

More information will be available in 2021 per Ford leadership.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Quoting Ford, “The trail mapping system available on Bronco is truly a game-changer in the off-road community“.

One of the many things promised, but not delivered.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would add that once you find some local trail locations and read reviews.......check if anyone posted a video of themselves driving it on YouTube, a lot of times that can be very valuable to see what the trail is actually like along various waypoints and how hairy it might actually be for your own experience level

Sponsored

Landin536

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The trails on AllTrails under moderate difficulty are a good time. I’m in Duluth GA, and most trails are in North GA. An hour to 2 hours away on average from where I’m at. Georgia in general doesn’t have much in the way of rock crawling from a terrain standpoint, but we have some great rutted out trails and water crossings too.

Horseshoe Ridge Road on AllTrails
https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/georgia/horseshoe-ridge-road?p=50789183

Dahlonega’s Grassy Gap rd in the link above, or the Flatlands in Suches are a great time. If you take a trip out to TN I know there are some rockier trails out there.

C439E4B3-1320-4DB9-B1FC-DD31EBA14D11.jpeg

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey @Ford Motor Company you want our VINs?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Admittedly I go between OnX Offroad and Gaia, however if you're completely new and just have no idea, I highly recommend OnX.

It really isn't that expensive, and you can even get a trial. But if you go into the tool, set your filters so that you're looking at dirt, and 4x4 roads.. They have a feature called discover, and literally shows you known, and featured trails around you. Even breaks down how hard they are, pictures, the whole works.

Great tool for noobies.

Ford Bronco Ive never been, How do you find offroad trails? Screenshot_20221019-075042_onX Offroad

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The forest service roads up north can be anywhere from Prius-able to downright sketch. We've done the access to springer mountain in a Prius but there were some off-shoots of the road that were no way going to be handled. I've also done it in a BMW SUV but again, areas that weren't doable so it may be a good start. We're going to hit some up near blue ridge when ours finally comes. We're very novice when it comes to off-road so want to take it easy for a bit.

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs