Sponsored

I've reserved - now what? Ordering and delivery guidance?

Sehrmude

First Edition
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Polaris Ranger Scout
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have never bought a new vehicle that wasn't already on the dealer lot. I understand that there will be a moment in time that my dealership's sales guy calls me to complete my order and then there is a long wait for vehicle delivery... But I don't understand what that means for my wallet. ;)

1. Will there be an additional $ amount for deposit when you place the order? If so, is that a flat fee or a % of vehicle build cost?
2. Is final price set in stone when the order is submitted?
3. When is the full payment or financing done, at vehicle delivery?

I searched for these answers and didn't find them in any other threads - although I had seen similar questions without answers posted within threads. I apologize if this has already been covered.
Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have never bought a new vehicle that wasn't already on the dealer lot. I understand that there will be a moment in time that my dealership's sales guy calls me to complete my order and then there is a long wait for vehicle delivery... But I don't understand what that means for my wallet. ;)

1. Will there be an additional $ amount for deposit when you place the order? If so, is that a flat fee or a % of vehicle build cost?
2. Is final price set in stone when the order is submitted?
3. When is the full payment or financing done, at vehicle delivery?

I searched for these answers and didn't find them in any other threads - although I had seen similar questions without answers posted within threads. I apologize if this has already been covered.
1. depends on the dealer, I've always put 1k down, refundable.
2.yes, you will need to negotiate that, be sure to make them list all teh other charges you will have when you finalize price on the truck like doc and 'prep' fees, AND be sure that before the truck actually arrives at the dealer, specify things like, don't etch the windows, or anything else you dont want them to do, in NJ, I always tell them not to attach the front license plate holder, they will tack on crap if you let them
3.yes, at delivery.

OP
OP
Sehrmude

Sehrmude

First Edition
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Polaris Ranger Scout
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks Frank!

BDub

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I converted my Bronco Sport reservation to an order this week and the dealer did not ask for an additional down payment beyond the deposit I had already made. Not sure if this will be the same case for the 2/4 door.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Overly simplified but here is the process that will happen

Reserve
Customer places reservation for Bronco online at Ford.com
* Customer pays $100 deposit passed directly to dealer.

Confirm Order
Dealer will contact the customer to confirm specs, pricing and collect any additional deposit required. Granger Ford will not collect more deposit money.

Complete Order
Dealer completes customer order in WBDO. Web Based Dealer Order
Upon acceptance, the order is officially in the Ford system as a “Retail” order and has scheduling priority over non-retail orders

Order Scheduled, Built & Delivered
Customer receives email status of vehicle when scheduled, built and delivered to preferred dealership

This person on YouTube did a great presentation for the process..

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Overly simplified but here is the process that will happen

Reserve
Customer places reservation for Bronco online at Ford.com
* Customer pays $100 deposit passed directly to dealer.

Confirm Order
Dealer will contact the customer to confirm specs, pricing and collect any additional deposit required. Granger Ford will not collect more deposit money.

Complete Order
Dealer completes customer order in WBDO. Web Based Dealer Order
Upon acceptance, the order is officially in the Ford system as a “Retail” order and has scheduling priority over non-retail orders

Order Scheduled, Built & Delivered
Customer receives email status of vehicle when scheduled, built and delivered to preferred dealership

This person on YouTube did a great presentation for the process..

I know it’s hard to guess or speculate but how long after we complete our order with you Albert will your dealership or myself the customer know delivery time?

my issue is my lease is coming due, I can extend the lease but rather not , it depends on when I could take delivery of my Bronco, unfortunately I do not want to make a lease payment and a new bronco payment at the same time if I don’t have too.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know it’s hard to guess or speculate but how long after we complete our order with you Albert will your dealership or myself the customer know delivery time?

my issue is my lease is coming due, I can extend the lease but rather not , it depends on when I could take delivery of my Bronco, unfortunately I do not want to make a lease payment and a new bronco payment at the same time if I don’t have too.
I can only answer that this way...

June will be the FE's delivering and all others by however the factory produces them come in by relative reservation order number sequence.

Sorry the answer is not more definitive just the information I have received from Ford...

You will also be able to "follow" it on your ford.com dash board under reservations..

Login into your Ford account

click on the account icon
Ford Bronco I've reserved - now what? Ordering and delivery guidance? 1.JPG

Go down to Reservations & Orders
Ford Bronco I've reserved - now what? Ordering and delivery guidance? 2.JPG

Click the View> button

Ford Bronco I've reserved - now what? Ordering and delivery guidance? 3.JPG

This is the dashboard for that vehicle being built

Ford Bronco I've reserved - now what? Ordering and delivery guidance? 4.JPG

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can only answer that this way...

June will be the FE's delivering and all others by however the factory produces them come in by relative reservation order number sequence.

Sorry the answer is not more definitive just the information I have received from Ford...

You will also be able to "follow" it on your ford.com dash board under reservations..

Login into your Ford account

click on the account icon

Go down to Reservations & Orders

Click the View> button

This is the dashboard for that vehicle being built

Thanks and I know the dealers like yourself are at the whim of Ford...

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, final price is set when order is placed. Likely by the time it arrives, the price will have gone up, but Ford reimburses the dealer for the increase (as long as its sold to the same name it was ordered under) so you don't have to pay the increase.

There won't be rebates on a Bronco, but for those ordering other lines, rebates are the better of the day you order or the day you pick it up (but if it goes up in between and goes back down, you don't get those). As always there are exceptions to the rebates as occasionally they'll do something that is exempted, and "gifts" are always exempt from protection, by "gifts", I mean like free maintenance plan during truck month, free bedliner, or back in the "no boundries" days they had a tent/camping gear promotion, and back in the late 80s they had Browning shotgun or rifle with an F-150 (I've got one of the rifles). These gift promotions have kind of gone away other than extended warranty's/maintenance plans.

Sponsored

Broncc

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man all this Ford sales stuff is a far cry from what I know about Toyota. With them, its if you want it you take whatever you can get at a given dealer, or you're waiting months for an allotment. Rebates? Discounts? Freebies? What are those? The only thing Toyota does is their yearly Red Tag Days to clear previous year's stock.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I converted my Bronco Sport reservation to an order this week and the dealer did not ask for an additional down payment beyond the deposit I had already made. Not sure if this will be the same case for the 2/4 door.
This depends on the dealer. Some will want a deposit and some won't. If you've done business at that dealer before,less likely they will ask for one.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, how many times will we be staring at THIS image mashing refresh? Refresh. REFRESH!
Keep pressing F5 on the Keyboard if its not a mobile device but a Laptop or Desktop ?

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, final price is set when order is placed. Likely by the time it arrives, the price will have gone up, but Ford reimburses the dealer for the increase (as long as its sold to the same name it was ordered under) so you don't have to pay the increase.

There won't be rebates on a Bronco, but for those ordering other lines, rebates are the better of the day you order or the day you pick it up (but if it goes up in between and goes back down, you don't get those). As always there are exceptions to the rebates as occasionally they'll do something that is exempted, and "gifts" are always exempt from protection, by "gifts", I mean like free maintenance plan during truck month, free bedliner, or back in the "no boundries" days they had a tent/camping gear promotion, and back in the late 80s they had Browning shotgun or rifle with an F-150 (I've got one of the rifles). These gift promotions have kind of gone away other than extended warranty's/maintenance plans.
What about A plans and X plans? Is that calculated in the price at the time of ordering?

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about A plans and X plans? Is that calculated in the price at the time of ordering?
Yes, when putting an order in we just select A or X plan and it lists the price.
Sponsored