First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Are they not doing a weather resistant solid top? Only sun shade??
I wouldn't think so. J-Tops seems to only make shade tops for Jeeps. I'd expect the same for the Bronco.
Sponsored

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are they not doing a weather resistant solid top? Only sun shade??
Ford Bronco J Tops USA Bimini Solution Hitting the Market Soon tempImageQGpSXO

Here is why we will not be doing a solid top at this time. We hate to say never!

What happens when you use a solid material for the top has to do with the Bernoulli effect. Just like an airplane wing the air rushing over the top creates a low pressure area. This low pressure causes the material to bubble up and without a structure like a factory soft top has there is no way to control it. Now we could add structure rods but that would create other design issues and a complete new design. We have tried different ideas for years on our Jeep products with little success. The reason the mesh works is it lets the air flow through defeating the Bernoulli effect. Since the pressure is released the top stays stable.
I hope this helps explain the challenge in creating a solid version of our shade. If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Mike Matras
Owner
JTopsUSA

OP
OP

BuckyAsh

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you sir. Can you ballpark how much time?
So after being installed the first time I estimate under 5 minutes to remove and maybe 10 plus minutes to put back on. More time to put on because of tensioning the straps

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So after being installed the first time I estimate under 5 minutes to remove and maybe 10 plus minutes to put back on. More time to put on because of tensioning the straps
Is thier any reason to remove it? I also have the ford branded bestop mesh it can stay in place soft top or down. But is not a great product rattles like heck cruising the backroads. I kinda wish this didn’t go over the speaker pods and have straps wrapped around the roll bar. I customized the bestop one to eliminate those straps from rubbing on the roll bar. Id rather be strapless out back.

Sponsored

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco J Tops USA Bimini Solution Hitting the Market Soon tempImageQGpSXO

Here is why we will not be doing a solid top at this time. We hate to say never!

What happens when you use a solid material for the top has to do with the Bernoulli effect. Just like an airplane wing the air rushing over the top creates a low pressure area. This low pressure causes the material to bubble up and without a structure like a factory soft top has there is no way to control it. Now we could add structure rods but that would create other design issues and a complete new design. We have tried different ideas for years on our Jeep products with little success. The reason the mesh works is it lets the air flow through defeating the Bernoulli effect. Since the pressure is released the top stays stable.
I hope this helps explain the challenge in creating a solid version of our shade. If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Mike Matras
Owner
JTopsUSA
Thank you and understand. Just like the look the old Broncos had with tan top

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is thier any reason to remove it? I also have the ford branded bestop mesh it can stay in place soft top or down. But is not a great product rattles like heck cruising the backroads. I kinda wish this didn’t go over the speaker pods and have straps wrapped around the roll bar. I customized the bestop one to eliminate those straps from rubbing on the roll bar. Id rather be strapless out back.
Our straps have a neoprene soft backing. they will not touch the painted surface. As far as over the speakers there

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our straps and buckles have a neoprene soft backing. They will not touch the painted surface. As far as over the speakers that helps create tension. Every element has a purpose that contributes to the stability and custom look.
Mike
JTopsUSA

OP
OP

BuckyAsh

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no reason to remove it when taking down or putting the top on.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does a black vs white/light-colored sun shade make any difference regarding interior temperature, particularly when the vehicle is parked in the sun for a period of time?

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@JTopsUSA do you guys think there's a chance the 2 door or 4 door hardtop version will be out by anytime in the summer?

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@JTopsUSA do you guys think there's a chance the 2 door or 4 door hardtop version will be out by anytime in the summer?
Our goal is in three weeks! But anything could happen. It’s been a challenge to meet our requirements.
Mike

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Our goal is in three weeks! But anything could happen. It’s been a challenge to meet our requirements.
Mike
Completely understand, its a crazy world right now. We'll all just keep our eyes peeled. Thanks!

OP
OP

BuckyAsh

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does a black vs white/light-colored sun shade make any difference regarding interior temperature, particularly when the vehicle is parked in the sun for a period of time?
That is a good question for @JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is a good question for @JTopsUSA
The temperature difference because of mesh color is so slight it’s not a factor. What does effect the temp is the UV rating of the mesh.
Our Titanium mesh blocks 90% of the UV rays and the regular colors block 80%.
The titanium is s slightly tighter weave hence the higher rating. It does effect how much sun passes through and temperatures of the interior surfaces. Once again the difference is very slight.
Not all mesh from other vendors meet our specifications. We strictly use mesh manufactured by Twitchell in Dothan, Alabama. Others may use less expensive imported mesh that is dip dyed in color rather than the PVC coating being impregnated with the color. It will fade faster than a high quality USA manufactured mesh and have a lower UV rating.

Hope this helps,
Mike
JTopsUSA
Sponsored