David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey Mike, not sure on your answer from yesterday… in 3 weeks you expect to release a hardtop version for the 4 door or expect to release a 2 door soft top version?
Sponsored

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Mike, not sure on your answer from yesterday… in 3 weeks you expect to release a hardtop version for the 4 door or expect to release a 2 door soft top version?
Slim, we have a design session next week at our Anaheim, Ca manufacturing location to review the design aspects of the 4 door hard top version. At the same time we will be evaluating the final version of the 2 door. We know it’s been slow going but it’s important to get it right! The whole team is getting together to finish this off!

JLC64UK

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 21 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The temperature difference because of mesh color is so slight it’s not a factor. What does effect the temp is the UV rating of the mesh.
Our Titanium mesh blocks 90% of the UV rays and the regular colors block 80%.
The titanium is s slightly tighter weave hence the higher rating. It does effect how much sun passes through and temperatures of the interior surfaces. Once again the difference is very slight.
Not all mesh from other vendors meet our specifications. We strictly use mesh manufactured by Twitchell in Dothan, Alabama. Others may use less expensive imported mesh that is dip dyed in color rather than the PVC coating being impregnated with the color. It will fade faster than a high quality USA manufactured mesh and have a lower UV rating.

Hope this helps,
Mike
JTopsUSA
Any type of forum discount?

Sponsored

JLC64UK

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 21 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Slim, we have a design session next week at our Anaheim, Ca manufacturing location to review the design aspects of the 4 door hard top version. At the same time we will be evaluating the final version of the 2 door. We know it’s been slow going but it’s important to get it right! The whole team is getting together to finish this off!
I'll pull the trigger when the 2dr becomes available.

Bullet42

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RangeRoverSport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have fantastic news! The outstanding team at J Tops USA is nearly ready to begin production of the 4 door soft top Bronco Bimini solution. They came down to my house the other day to put a test version on my Bronco and are now making a few final adjustments. This Bimini from J Top is outstanding and by far the best solution for the Bronco four door soft top, period. I have it on my vehicle currently and will be providing regular updates to their team as they finalize it.

Here is a link to their Facebook, they just posted a photo of it on my Bronco: https://www.facebook.com/jtopsusa
  • I will not be posting photos of my prototype so please don't ask, you can see photos on their Facebook above. Once I have the final version I will share photos.

What I love, and I formerly owned the Bestop Bimini which was not a good solution so I can compare:
  1. The team at J Tops USA, the owner is dedicated to quality and his customers and will not accept anything less than the best: https://www.jtopsusa.com
  2. Durability and quality of the material (far superior in everyway to Bestop). The stitching, the industrial magnets, the screen, the straps and buckles, placement, everything just great.
  3. Fit! It fits like a glove (I thought of an OJ reference but thought it would be in bad taste). They spent a lot of time on this challenging opening of the Bronco to ensure a perfect fit with no gaps, tight pull, and amazing anchoring points that don't interfere with the operation or the side curtain airbags. Also, no bar in the middle of Bronco so you still have 100% of your opening. The Bestop was terrible in this regard with a horrible aftermarket fit that should had never been put into production. My words are harsh, but I stand by them. With that said Bestop did have good customer service and I thank them for that.
  4. Installation was easy. Once again better than Bestop where you had to remove your rear speakers. No removing of speakers with J Tops solution. The buckles and straps are superior and you have no straps flailing in the wind. I am going to increase the tension in a few days after sitting in the Texas sun. I only had to remove the middle bracket that the soft top latches onto in Sunrider position which took less than a minute using the toolkit that came with the Bronco and you just put it back on after.
  5. Performance is awesome! The tension, fit and adjustability are terrific. No noise, no sun, and easy operation of the soft top. The fastest I have traveled is about 70 MPH.
  6. Not sure what pricing will be but I know it will be competitive and you will get a quality solution.
  7. Family reaction: My 6 year old daughters loved it, said it was way better than the other Bimini we tried. They especially loved the graphics and fit. My wife, who is an OCD accountant, thought it was far superior and was impressed. She does not want the flag and Bronco on it, she prefers a clean graphite color. I am leaning towards the flag Bronco design which looks amazing with the Cactus Grey. Still not decided.
I love this solution and the J Tops brand. This will be my first product of theirs and I will be a loyal customer forever. Can't wait for others to try this out on their Broncos. I know they have a strong Jeep following.
So you cannot keep the soft top on and latch itback in place with the J Top?

Sponsored
OP
OP

BuckyAsh

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you cannot keep the soft top on and latch itback in place with the J Top?
No, that is not correct. It works the same way with the Bimini on. The soft top will still function the same.

Bullet42

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RangeRoverSport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No, that is not correct. It works the same way with the Bimini on. The soft top will still function the same.
it says to put it on you must remove a latch of the soft top. I ask because your competition doesn’t look as good but you can leave it on when you latch the soft top back down. Just want to make sure.
thank you.

Bullet42

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RangeRoverSport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Will have release date next week!
Will there be provisions for the 2D Bestop Soft top setup? I know there is a lot of extra hardware up top on those.

Last edited:

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it says to put it on you must remove a latch of the soft top. I ask because your competition doesn’t look as good but you can leave it on when you latch the soft top back down. Just want to make sure.
thank you.
You only take the side bracket off when you first install. Then it’s reinstalled. You actually don’t have to take it off. You can stretch the binding over bracket but it’s easier to just take it off and then put it right back on.
I hopes this helps.
Mike
Sponsored