Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does that mean itā€™s just not compatible to take the roof panels on and off with the bimini still installed?

Would think it would still fit/work on a hardtop bronco. Just canā€™t put the top back on with it still on.

It is only for soft top at this time

lolo

First Edition
First Name
lolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX-5, Prius, 70 Chevelle ss
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Had one on my jeep. Loved it! Currently have the best top version, but will switch when this becomes available.

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does that mean itā€™s just not compatible to take the roof panels on and off with the bimini still installed?

Would think it would still fit/work on a hardtop bronco. Just canā€™t put the top back on with it still on.
This is correct. They confirmed it with me.
It will work "without" the hardtop panels.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any solid fabrics or just mesh?

Sponsored
OP
OP

BuckyAsh

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

That is correct. You just wonā€™t have access to the panels when it is on. I would not recommend for a hardtop at this time but they are looking at a version just for the hardtop. That is one of the things that made the Bestop not a good option. They made it so that it worked on both and as result it was not really that good.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I e-mailed them to check on the compatibility with the 2-door and the Sunrider flip-back front panel replacement. Will report back when they respond.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me get back to you next Tuesday or Wednesday when we remove it and I will time it. I think it will be much faster after the first time because the Velcro attachments on the beam will be in place already and you will have a system down.
any estimates on actual time?

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So it's not compatible with the hard top only because you can't leave it on with the hard top panels on?

I have a hard top and ordered one. I don't plan on leaving the Bimini top in place when I put the top back on. I will report back once my arrives hopefully next month

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it's not compatible with the hard top only because you can't leave it on with the hard top panels on?

I have a hard top and ordered one. I don't plan on leaving the Bimini top in place when I put the top back on. I will report back once my arrives hopefully next month
I'd be concerned about the additional plates on top of the rollbar that are used to secure the hardtop in place. Not sure how much those would impose on the fitment of the Bimini.

Not only that as an issue, but I don't understand why off-road companies seem to insist on obnoxious branding of their products.
Ford Bronco J Tops USA Bimini Solution Hitting the Market Soon Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 3.49.10 PM

Sponsored

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'd be concerned about the additional plates on top of the rollbar that are used to secure the hardtop in place. Not sure how much those would impose on the fitment of the Bimini.

Not only that as an issue, but I don't understand why off-road companies seem to insist on obnoxious branding of their products.
Ford Bronco J Tops USA Bimini Solution Hitting the Market Soon Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 3.49.10 PM
I feel the same way about branding. BLAH

I just talked to J-Tops and they said it will 100% work with the hard top when all the panels are off. There is no way to reattached the panels with the J-Tops bimini top in place. It has to be completely removed before the hardtop can be put back on.

For me this is perfect as I plan on leaving my Bimini on all spring/summer/fall. It's the same as I do with my Early Bronco as well.

BulldogBuck

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let me get back to you next Tuesday or Wednesday when we remove it and I will time it. I think it will be much faster after the first time because the Velcro attachments on the beam will be in place already and you will have a system down.
Hey Bucky, have you been able to take it off and reinstall yet? According to their website they are beginning to start shipments today. I was hoping that they would post an installation video on their website like they have for Jeeps but nothing yet. Thanks.

OP
OP

BuckyAsh

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Bucky, have you been able to take it off and reinstall yet? According to their website they are beginning to start shipments today. I was hoping that they would post an installation video on their website like they have for Jeeps but nothing yet. Thanks.
Super easy to take off and put on again, removing the soft top sunrider bracket is super quick and easy.

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I feel the same way about branding. BLAH

I just talked to J-Tops and they said it will 100% work with the hard top when all the panels are off. There is no way to reattached the panels with the J-Tops bimini top in place. It has to be completely removed before the hardtop can be put back on.

For me this is perfect as I plan on leaving my Bimini on all spring/summer/fall. It's the same as I do with my Early Bronco as well.
Are they not doing a weather resistant solid top? Only sun shade??

BulldogBuck

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Super easy to take off and put on again, removing the soft top sunrider bracket is super quick and easy.
Thank you sir. Can you ballpark how much time?
Sponsored