Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The front edge stays attached to windshield and only the front nylon strip folds back to install the soft top. there is no change in tightness of the sunshade. There is no sag related to the strip being folded back. Hope this helps answer your question. Mike

Here is a pic of the strip before its folded back only the small portion folds back providing access to the soft top flanges.

tempImageOcb18w.png
Thanks, I'll have to add this to a list of things I need to do!
Sponsored

BroncoBill44

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No comment
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@JTopsUSA Did they start shipping yesterday? Didn’t get an email yet. Anxiously awaiting :)

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@JTopsUSA Did they start shipping yesterday? Didn’t get an email yet. Anxiously awaiting :)
We made a last minute tweek to the final production model and we are in the process of manufacturing. We are emailing another update to all the customers to keep everyone informed. It will start out slow as we double check every step.

To be honest the number of preorders far exceeded our expectations so it will take a bit to manufacture everything. Also the installation video will be finished and posted today. It’s.done in our reality format, in driveway in the Texas heat!
Mike

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update down below 11MAR22 from this original post last year Awesome news, the great folks at J Tops USA have started designing a sun shade Bimini for the Ford Bronco! I don't know when it will be ready for production but once I do I will share. I am super excited after buying the Bestop 4 door Bimini and being disappointed in the design of it. The Bestop build quality appears to be good, from the two days I have had it on the vehicle, but the design is bad and they should have made two Biminis, one for a soft top and one for a hard top. It is noisy at the crossbar, the crossbar attachment if flawed, there are zippers everywhere that ruins the open view, and the front material is bulky. I will be buying a J Top Bimini once it is available. Photos attached, will share when I learn more.
IMG-1408.jpg
IMG-1411.jpg
IMG-1405.jpg

Update 11MAR21:
I have fantastic news! The outstanding J Tops USA team is nearly ready to begin production. They came down the other day to my house to put a test version on my Bronco and are now making a few final adjustments. This Bimini from J Top is outstanding and by far the best solution for the Bronco four door soft top, period. I have it on my vehicle still and will be providing regular updates to their team as they finalize it.

Here is a link to their Facebook, they just posted a photo of it on my Bronco: https://www.facebook.com/jtopsusa

What I love, and I formerly owned the Bestop Bimini which was not a good solution so I can compare:
  1. The team at J Tops USA, the owner is dedicated to quality and his customers and will not accept anything less than the best: https://www.jtopsusa.com/customer-photos
  2. Durability and quality of the material (far superior in everyway to Bestop). The stitching, the industrial magnets, the straps and buckles, placement, everything just great.
  3. Fit! It fits like a glove. They spent a lot of time on this challenging opening of the Bronco to ensure a perfect fit with no gaps, tight pull, and amazing anchoring points that don't interfere with the operation. Also, no bar in the middle of Bronco so you still have 100% of your opening. The Bestop was terrible in this regard with a horrible aftermarket fit that should had never been put into production.
  4. Installation was easy. Once again better than Bestop who had to remove your rear speakers. No removing of speakers with J Tops solution. The buckles and straps are superior and you have no straps flailing in the wind. I am going to increase the tension in a few days after sitting in the sun in Texas. I only removed the middle bracket that the soft top latches onto in Sunrider position which took less than a minute using the toolkit that came with the Bronco and you just put it back on after.
  5. Performance is awesome! The tension, fit and adjustability are terrific. No noise, no sun, and easy operation of the soft top.
  6. Not sure what pricing will be but I know it will be competitive and you will get a quality solution.
  7. Family reaction: My 6 year old daughters loved it, said it was way better than the other Bimini we tried. They especially loved the graphics and fit. My wife, who is an OCD accountant, thought it was far superior and was impressed. She does not want the flag and Bronco on it, she prefers a clean graphite color. I am leaning towards the flag Bronco design.
I love this solution and the J Tops brand. This will be my first product of theirs and I will be a loyal customer forever. Can't wait for others to try this out on their Broncos. I know they have a strong Jeep following.
I like it. How easy is it to remove (at least partially) if I needed to load cargo through the roof? I did have to the other day when picking up some furniture.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update down below 11MAR22 from this original post last year Awesome news, the great folks at J Tops USA have started designing a sun shade Bimini for the Ford Bronco! I don't know when it will be ready for production but once I do I will share. I am super excited after buying the Bestop 4 door Bimini and being disappointed in the design of it. The Bestop build quality appears to be good, from the two days I have had it on the vehicle, but the design is bad and they should have made two Biminis, one for a soft top and one for a hard top. It is noisy at the crossbar, the crossbar attachment if flawed, there are zippers everywhere that ruins the open view, and the front material is bulky. I will be buying a J Top Bimini once it is available. Photos attached, will share when I learn more.
IMG-1408.jpg
IMG-1411.jpg
IMG-1405.jpg

Update 11MAR21:
I have fantastic news! The outstanding J Tops USA team is nearly ready to begin production. They came down the other day to my house to put a test version on my Bronco and are now making a few final adjustments. This Bimini from J Top is outstanding and by far the best solution for the Bronco four door soft top, period. I have it on my vehicle still and will be providing regular updates to their team as they finalize it.

Here is a link to their Facebook, they just posted a photo of it on my Bronco: https://www.facebook.com/jtopsusa

What I love, and I formerly owned the Bestop Bimini which was not a good solution so I can compare:
  1. The team at J Tops USA, the owner is dedicated to quality and his customers and will not accept anything less than the best: https://www.jtopsusa.com/customer-photos
  2. Durability and quality of the material (far superior in everyway to Bestop). The stitching, the industrial magnets, the straps and buckles, placement, everything just great.
  3. Fit! It fits like a glove. They spent a lot of time on this challenging opening of the Bronco to ensure a perfect fit with no gaps, tight pull, and amazing anchoring points that don't interfere with the operation. Also, no bar in the middle of Bronco so you still have 100% of your opening. The Bestop was terrible in this regard with a horrible aftermarket fit that should had never been put into production.
  4. Installation was easy. Once again better than Bestop who had to remove your rear speakers. No removing of speakers with J Tops solution. The buckles and straps are superior and you have no straps flailing in the wind. I am going to increase the tension in a few days after sitting in the sun in Texas. I only removed the middle bracket that the soft top latches onto in Sunrider position which took less than a minute using the toolkit that came with the Bronco and you just put it back on after.
  5. Performance is awesome! The tension, fit and adjustability are terrific. No noise, no sun, and easy operation of the soft top.
  6. Not sure what pricing will be but I know it will be competitive and you will get a quality solution.
  7. Family reaction: My 6 year old daughters loved it, said it was way better than the other Bimini we tried. They especially loved the graphics and fit. My wife, who is an OCD accountant, thought it was far superior and was impressed. She does not want the flag and Bronco on it, she prefers a clean graphite color. I am leaning towards the flag Bronco design.
I love this solution and the J Tops brand. This will be my first product of theirs and I will be a loyal customer forever. Can't wait for others to try this out on their Broncos. I know they have a strong Jeep following.
Is the tactical flag the only one with the bronco on it?

Sponsored

JoeyD577

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there an update on the current lead time to get one shipped in black for the 4 door soft top?

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So....in a torrential downpour, if you are driving/moving, how wet do you get with this thing on? Does it at least somewhat block rain coming in?

TXBoy79

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got caught in a downpour with mine back in '16 and I was on the highway. Pulled over to put the top up and the family and I got wet not soaked but I was pretty quick to pull over and get the top up so...I'd say you'd get drenched in a downpour if you don't have the ability to top up quickly.

Sponsored

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got caught in a downpour with mine back in '16 and I was on the highway. Pulled over to put the top up and the family and I got wet not soaked but I was pretty quick to pull over and get the top up so...I'd say you'd get drenched in a downpour if you don't have the ability to top up quickly.
I'm saying if you had it on, over/under miserable for 15 minutes of a downpour?

TXBoy79

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm saying if you had it on, over/under miserable for 15 minutes of a downpour?
Miserable

BUT…my wife and I always laughed when we’d get caught in rain storms so I guess it’s all about your outlook
Sponsored