Jack Options

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Audi S4, Raptor (Previously)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anybody taken a look at the factory jack? Is it a scissor or bottle jack?

Going to be exploring the best "off road" jack option that also doesn't take up a ton of interior space, so I'm curious what others have found so far. As for High-Lift, curious how these will work on the bronco, and which points you would jack from.
Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

they have a scissor jack,after i get a rack for the truck will look at a better bottle jack and maybe a highlift jack(not sure about using highlft on a 60k truck bumpers)

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a discussion about this at the Off-Rodeo in Las Vegas and the Bronco doesn’t have any good lift points for a Hi-Lift. That said both Hi-Lift and Safe Jack sell accessories so you can attach a Hi-Lift to a wheel or recovery point. Lastly a Hi-Lift jack can be extremely dangerous. I’m old enough to remember when they were called Handy-Man jacks and received a lot of instruction from my dad on how to use them. I’ll be going this route with my Bronco and adding the attachment accessories.

Another good option are the Safe Jack kits that include extensions and a high quality bottle jack.

I found a good article comparing and recommending off road jacks and I’ll try to find that and post it in a minute.

Sponsored

getpower1

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best bet to keep onboard is a bottle Jack and a block of wood. Bronco doesn’t look to have any good points for a farm Jack, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do to get off a nasty bad trail. I plan to off road the thing, but I’m not sure that’ll get me into the kind of situations where a Hi-Lift is the only option.

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
Could this style work?
Ford Bronco Jack Options 61M8PVYZvPL._AC_SL1000_

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Reading about jacks makes me even more desirous to get the big heavy E rated tires.
Any penalty they give is better than the penalty of gwtting a flat on the side of a mountain.

I do appreciate all the ideas listed here as every tire can fail.

Sponsored

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Most folks in the Raptor world, at least, view the Pro Eagle jacks as the ones to beat.

Ford Bronco Jack Options 1639356573143
I have been looking for a solid garage jack. But, do folks really hit the trail with one of those in their truck?

skiborsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRX, Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Jack Options 1639362601606
I have been looking for a solid garage jack. But, do folks really hit the trail with one of those in their truck?
Yep. Many of the chase racks have a spot for a floor jack (inc. Pro Eagle) and there are good brackets for attaching to the bed bolts, as well. E.g., SDHQ and JDS:
Ford Bronco Jack Options 1639362652680

Ford Bronco Jack Options 1639362600862

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
No need for an aftermarket jack!

I examined the factory scissor jack closely and it's excellent, even includes a spacer that attaches to it to give a taller lift. It's light weight and stows perfectly in it's intended spot.

There are no jacking points for a hi-lift so don't waste your money, besides they're heavy and jeeps only get them for looks.

The only other jack I'd consider, and it's because I use one often, is a toyota (non-hydraulic) bottle jack but it needs a cradle cap. It would be a secondary jack not a replacement. It's light weight, compact and uses the same crank handle.
Sponsored