Broncodave

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Hot take:

On a classic vehicle steel wheels look the part but on a modern vehicle they just look like spare tires...
Spares rock!

How We'd Spec It: A $65,000 Land Rover Defender with Steel Wheels

*That's all nifty, but we can't get over one thing: that the Defender still offers classic-looking steel wheels. We wouldn't buy a 4x4 like the Defender without these, simply because they are rad as hell."

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/amp28980765/2020-land-rover-defender-110-build-spec-price/

Advertisement

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mom

Txchewy

Base
First Name
Matthew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Is it just me or do those wheel wells seem like they have a lot of room to fit larger tires without a lift? Especially if you remove those crash bars and pair with wheels with the right backspacing. I guess time will tell but I'm wondering how much you will need to lift a BD to accommodate 35's? Seems like not much. Perhaps just take off springs from a Sasquatch when someone goes to 37's.

buzpro

Black Diamond
First Name
Binky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Clubs

1610349485463.png

as much as i appreciate all the good pictures, I can't tell if the rock rails are attached to the body or the chassis?
please tell me its not the body!

OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Big Bend
First Name
Matthew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

They are attached to the body
1610367363561.jpeg

1610367403051.jpeg

I know this causes people great consternation and I am likely to use the sliders more gently than some, but it looks pretty well done. The engineers have mentioned and the videos have shown them using the rails to support the vehicle weight. I would say they are similar to the skidlplates, beefy for OEM, not equivalent to high end AM. Hopefully those images help you see the mounting.

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 grand cherokee, 2002 e250 4x4,
1610367363561.jpeg

1610367403051.jpeg

I know this causes people great consternation and I am likely to use the sliders more gently than some, but it looks pretty well done. The engineers have mentioned and the videos have shown them using the rails to support the vehicle weight. I would say they are similar to the skidlplates, beefy for OEM, not equivalent to high end AM. Hopefully those images help you see the mounting.
looking at the picture, we see numerous holes in the frame. Are these holes in good positions, for aftermarket rails? Maybe, Maybe Not, plus that would put even more hardware below, which we do not want. Drill additional holes in the frame to do so? Absofuckinglutely Not!. Regarless there will be options available. However the current rails, without being "super robust" will do what they are intended to do! they will protect the body

mac62989

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport Access Cab, 2001 Trans AM WS6
definite need to remove Badlands one is removed already squatch removes both from factory
Are you saying Badlands do or don't have a crash bar to fit 33s?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 14 Ford Fusion, 05 Volvo V70R
Clubs

LEGEND has always advised BL only has one crash bar vs the two on the lower trims. I don't know which one stays and which one goes with BL though.

First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
LEGEND has always advised BL only has one crash bar vs the two on the lower trims. I don't know which one stays and which one goes with BL though.
I don't imagine those are bolt on and easily removed. Are we assuming they will need to be cut off?

***Scratch that. Looked at the pictures closer. Appears like two bolts for each.

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 grand cherokee, 2002 e250 4x4,
badlands standard tires are 33s I can't remember exactly but , one of the inpact bars is removed or more appropriately said,! would be Badlands only has one installed, straight from the factory, on the squatch neither are installed

Advertisement

Advertisement