First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Exactly. Body mounted might work once or even twice, but they aren't going to hold up to real use. I plan to abuse my Bronco and real sliders are a must.
Rubicon ones are body mounted and hold up pretty decent, but frame mount is the way to go for off roading

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great pictures! Is it just me or does spare tire seem like it will put a lot of pressure on the tail gate hinges? Seems like it would be a concern???

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rubicon ones are body mounted and hold up pretty decent, but frame mount is the way to go for off roading
It really does depend on what you are doing with them. The body mounted ones aren't weak, but the body has far more give than the frame. I like to use mine as a pivot point in tight spaces, as well as for general rocker protection. I have a decent dent in my current sliders and think a body mounted one would have transferred some of that damage to the body.

For general use, the factory ones may be fine for most people. I just want better because I know I don't baby my vehicle in the field.

PlayBallVegas

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Titan swapped Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
they can say it all day long, but those little bolts to the body and a non-smooth underside due to the bracket say these are weak sauce. They’ll be fine or most and for looks, but I’ll have switch them out.
One desert run through a Rock garden, or waterfall, and the body panels will peel right off. I'm hoping that White Knuckle will come out with a good set that will be frame mounted, maybe a rear kick plate

Sponsored

PlayBallVegas

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Titan swapped Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Damn. Thanks to the great photos, I'm thinking I'm going to have to get up in the morning and take a drive over to the closest Ford dealer, and see if they have a sport on the lot. It's not the big boy, but it'll be something to drool over for now. ???

P.S. I *had* planned to go over to Sam's Club tomorrow to purchase the Legands Ultimate arcade, since I didn't get one for Christmas... Now I'm thinking it might be smarter to tuck that $500.00 aside, and start up a Bronco down payment fund ?

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great pictures! Is it just me or does spare tire seem like it will put a lot of pressure on the tail gate hinges? Seems like it would be a concern???
The hinges looked cast and pretty beefy, but remains to be seen how well they hold up.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wondered if this part was for like removable mudflaps? Not sure if anyone knows what that is.

D6A7977D-0659-48F5-A645-6D4BCFCEBD7F.jpeg

I really like the fact that these crash bars appear to be easily removed. I do wonder though how they affect clearance. Does the squatch have the same bars installed, or do they have ones with more clearance, or bars removed?

Coming from Toyotas that consistently put things like body mounts in the way of tire clearance, it's nice to see Ford building in plenty of room for much bigger tires that stock.

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Doesn't look that bad here. Less flex like and I know I would probably be good with a BD. I think I would have instant regret if I pulled up to a based Sasquatch. For me its basesquatch or bust.

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nice pictures Matt! Wonder why they have spares mounted on all four corners! :unsure:

Thanks for posting!

Edit: For those that love the steelies, I’m just kidding!

No, no kidding, they are spares, you get 5 spares with every BD or Base...lol

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the photos, @Mattwings ! Question for @Mattwings, does the 4dr look too long or does it look like a nice sized SUV in person?

Secondly, I’ve been thinking more about the winch mount interfering with the front camera view. Could you hypothetically install the winch deeper into the bumper instead of it protruding out? I don’t think it blocks anything, right? Considering the overland concept has their winch mount in the same area.

E781ACC1-F4E5-4E9D-983E-A9EC4666FFF4.jpeg

41689CD0-0774-4BCC-82A1-2FC05D6B4B73.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: