First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It looks very proportional in person. I was completely sold after I saw it. I took my wife to see it (3rd trip this morning) and she said....looks good. The bigger tires would look better. I said it’s about $3.5k more for the next step up....she said, that’s not that much...I said, ok, Badlands it is ? It looked awesome and I wouldn’t hesitate to pull the trigger on BD.
Really hoping to see one in person before placing my order, just not sure that is going to happen.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the photos, @Mattwings ! Question... does the 4dr look too long or does it look like a nice sized SUV?

Secondly, I’ve been thinking more about the winch mount interfering with the front camera view. Could you hypothetically install the winch deeper into the bumper instead of it protruding out? I don’t think it blocks anything, right? Considering the overland concept has their winch mount in the same area.

E781ACC1-F4E5-4E9D-983E-A9EC4666FFF4.jpeg

41689CD0-0774-4BCC-82A1-2FC05D6B4B73.jpeg
I thought it looked pretty good, but I have liked it from the start. I was definitely on the fence with the BD 265/70/17 wheels and tires and the overall balance and look. I wouldn’t like any smaller, but I thought it pulled off the look really well. That being said, my wife thinks the 33” BL is the way we should go, so who am I to argue? With the spare hanging off the back, it’s definitely long. I didn’t see any way a winch was going behind the bumper. We will need to wait and see what the aftermarket comes up with from my inspection, for whatever that is worth?

BroncoMike75

Big Bend
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and a 1967 Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice pictures Matt! Wonder why they have spares mounted on all four corners! :unsure:

Thanks for posting!

Edit: For those that love the steelies, I’m just kidding!
I'm having a hard time with those steelies. You are right on your 1st statement, they look like spares. If they had these like they had on the OG Broncos as an option, then I'd be on board.

jay-lenos-1968-ford-bronco-restored-by-lge-cts-motorsports_100723077.jpg

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm having a hard time with those steelies. You are right on your 1st statement, they look like spares. If they had these like they had on the OG Broncos as an option, then I'd be on board.

Ford Bronco Jackpot! Bronco Black Diamond (Iconic Silver) seen up close & personal this morning jay-lenos-1968-ford-bronco-restored-by-lge-cts-motorsports_100723077
There seems to be a lot of people that really like the look including my son who wheels a FJ. I agree, the old school white/off white one look better but that’s my opinion and everyone’s taste are different. I understand that sometimes my SA comments rub people wrong when they don’t realize I’m kidding. People can choose any setup that they enjoy. I’m all for it. Ford would not have offered this if they didn’t think it would be popular, or would have they? :unsure:

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the photos, @Mattwings ! Question for @Mattwings, does the 4dr look too long or does it look like a nice sized SUV in person?

Secondly, I’ve been thinking more about the winch mount interfering with the front camera view. Could you hypothetically install the winch deeper into the bumper instead of it protruding out? I don’t think it blocks anything, right? Considering the overland concept has their winch mount in the same area.

I don't think the winch can be set further back with the factory bumper and winch plate. The winch cables would not clear the grill if reset further. I think the appearance issue is that the bumper is very thin and narrow, unlike a new wrangler or gladiator which has a thicker factory steel bumper and only requires the removal of a bumper trim piece and the addition of a semi-flat winch plate. Perhaps a thicker aftermarket bumper (less likely with all the safety sensors, IMO) will come to market. I am definitely going to add a WARN Zeon 10 S or maybe even a Zeon * with the Spydura rope and a snatch block as I don't do any heavy crawling and will only need to get out of easy stuff and sand. I am adding it myself to a BD and am hoping FORD will allow me to purchase just the Bronco winch plate. Hoping I am wrong.
winch.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the tips. I’ll most likely buy after market when the time comes. I wanted to hear OPs thoughts to see if I can potentially avoid buying after market.

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Give us your analysis! How did it look in person compared to photos?
I think I mentioned it earlier in the post, but I was `expecting a lot and it exceeded my expectations. Lot's of detail in the body work that's hard to see in photos that really pays tribute to the G1 Bronco. Although I don't think I would like anything smaller wheel and tire wise, the BD looks well proportioned and capable with the stock 265/70/17 tires and wheels. The steelies also look better in person, IMO. I was not a fan, but would be happy with them after seeing them on the vehicle in person.The interior is awesome, I could not get a decent shot due to frost and glare from the window. The bash plates were acceptable for OEM IMO and likely a good starting point for the vehicle as designed. The 4DR appears to have a lot more capacity, I have now seen both 2dr. and 4dr. in person and for my use, could not get away with a 2dr. Silver looked good in my opinion, my wife was like- eh... She also wants to go BL for the bigger tires and one and done trail capability. A BL on 33s will likely do anything and everything she would find fun (she has been stuck with me before and wants to 1. Not do anything too extreme, 2. Have a capable vehicle ?). I still may go BD and just swap for 285/70/17 straight away, but I think the front locker, 4.70 gears, upgraded shocks/lift are probably well worth the $2 to $2.5K net difference in price.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the tips. I’ll most likely buy after market when the time comes. I wanted to hear OPs thoughts to see if I can potentially avoid buying after market.
Maybe these help?

Front Bumper Closeup.jpeg

Front Skid Pass.jpeg

Front Skid_Bumper.jpeg

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think I mentioned it earlier in the post, but I was `expecting a lot and it exceeded my expectations. Lot's of detail in the body work that's hard to see in photos that really pays tribute to the G1 Bronco. Although I don't think I would like anything smaller wheel and tire wise, the BD looks well proportioned and capable with the stock 265/70/17 tires and wheels. The steelies also look better in person, IMO. I was not a fan, but would be happy with them after seeing them on the vehicle in person.The interior is awesome, I could not get a decent shot due to frost and glare from the window. The bash plates were acceptable for OEM IMO and likely a good starting point for the vehicle as designed. The 4DR appears to have a lot more capacity, I have now seen both 2dr. and 4dr. in person and for my use, could not get away with a 2dr. Silver looked good in my opinion, my wife was like- eh... She also wants to go BL for the bigger tires and one and done trail capability. A BL on 33s will likely do anything and everything she would find fun (she has been stuck with me before and wants to 1. Not do anything too extreme, 2. Have a capable vehicle ?). I still may go BD and just swap for 285/70/17 straight away, but I think the front locker, 4.70 gears, upgraded shocks/lift are probably well worth the $2 to $2.5K net difference in price.
Im guessing your going with the 2.3l then?

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry if this has been asked already, but are those really the stock tire size? They look narrow for 265, but that could be just the optics.

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if this has been asked already, but are those really the stock tire size? They look narrow for 265, but that could be just the optics.
They are and the Bronco is wide, very wide! The wheels were well spaced so they just tuck under the flares. The tires look bigger in person, but definitely the smallest I would want with the track and stance of the Bronco.
Sponsored