Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm having a hard time with those steelies. You are right on your 1st statement, they look like spares. If they had these like they had on the OG Broncos as an option, then I'd be on board.

jay-lenos-1968-ford-bronco-restored-by-lge-cts-motorsports_100723077.jpg

Nice! This is why I've been saying "give me the hubcaps". If there are some ford hubcaps that fit the Bronco steel wheels, then this setup is easy. Having the wheels painted white or body color would be an inexpensive "fix" if you don't like the black.

That's a great looking rig!
Sponsored

2021BD

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JK Willys, '18 Mustang GT, '21 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They are and the Bronco is wide, very wide! The wheels were well spaced so they just tuck under the flares. The tires look bigger in person, but definitely the smallest I would want with the track and stance of the Bronco.
Having seen both 2-door and 4-door in person, I have to agree with Mattwings. The 265/70/17 tires definitely look bigger in person, but IMO they are too small for the body, especially on the 4-door. Can pull them off on the 2-door, barely.

Lainez

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bd and 2" or 3" lift and 33's is perfect. Two door of course.
So...a Badlands?
I keep in bouncing between a BD, BD Sas, and BL.
2.7, 4D, Mid

35s are likely overkill for DD and family adventure mobile? 33s with Methods? Hell if I can come to a decision anytime soon.

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So...a Badlands?
I keep in bouncing between a BD, BD Sas, and BL.
2.7, 4D, Mid

35s are likely overkill for DD and family adventure mobile. 33s with Methods.
I love how so many want to enforce their own personal preference.

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im guessing your going with the 2.3l then?
I have not decided yet, but I am comparing BD to BL and assuming the BD I would buy 5 285/70/17 Tires and wheels about $425 each so $2100. Those tires are at the outer limits of the stock wheel and I don't think it would work with the factory offset. I know I would get some utility from the factory tires and wheels, but I would still need to lay out the cash to buy the "spare set". Thats makes the net price between BL and BD about $3k (I need to pull the Aluminum wheels off the BD build in this case). The differences for the builds I think are comparable and I am considering are below. My minimum options for this example was rear locker, Hardtop, Advanced Transfer Case and Aluminum wheels (I think I have the builds and pricing correct)-
Hardtop, Auto, Advanced Transfer Case, Aluminum WheelsWildtrak (Cloth Seats, Carpet, Standard Bumper, 35" tires)Badlands (MGV, Sig Light, Modular Bumper, R.Rails, 33" BFG Tires)Black Diamond (MGV, Mod. Bumper, Case,R.Rails?, 31.6" tires)DifferenceDifference/BD to WT% To sales Price
2.3 Mid$49,870$45,615$4,2559.33%
2.3 High$51,165
2.7 mid$50,970$51,765$47,510$4,255$3,4608.96%
2.7 High$52,265$53,060$7951.50%
W/Modular Bumper $825$53,090$53,060-$30
Revised w/o Aluminum wheels on BD
Hardtop, Auto, Advanced Trsnfer CaseWildtrak (Cloth Seats, Carpet, Standard Bumper, 35" tires)Badlands (MGV, Sig Light, Modular Bumper, R.Rails, 33" BFG Tires)Black Diamond (MGV, Mod. Bumper, Advanced Xfer Case,R.Rails?, 31.6" tires)DifferenceDifference/BD to WT% To sales Price
2.3 High$51,165
2.7 mid$50,970$51,765$46,515$5,250$4,45511.29%

Last edited:

Sponsored

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know you can buy winches separately. Still need a mount unless you can tuck it in the bumper.
i think you missed my comment. It does not look like it can be set further back with the factory bumper because the bumper is so thin and narrow. The Land Rover defender, like the Wrangler, did a nice job of creating a hidden winch appearance but in reality the mounting and bumper fascia is just built out. Would have looked better if Bronco did the same but putting a winch in the new defender is a real MFer of a job and Ford likely just wanted their techs to be able to do in a few hours not days, lol.

2BCE50CE-3E0E-4B38-97A6-9371D9A895B3.png

F44FE917-A10D-45D3-B8F9-DC291B63EA26.png

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I try to preface my opinions as just that. We each have our preferences and ideas of what looks good and how we want to use our vehicles. I did go bye and the BD was still there about an hour ago. Keep hoping I will see the driver and get a peek inside :geek: It has not moved in two days. I would be all over the place if I had the chance to drive it for the weekend!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I try to preface my opinions as just that. We each have our preferences and ideas of what looks good and how we want to use our vehicles. I did go bye and the BD was still there about an hour ago. Keep hoping I will see the driver and get a peek inside :geek: It has not moved in two days. I would be all over the place if I had the chance to drive it for the weekend!
Or just a ride to Menards.... Lol

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have not decided yet, but I am comparing BD to BL and assuming the BD I would buy 5 285/70/17 Tires and wheels about $425 each so $2100. Those tires are at the outer limits of the stock wheel and I don't think it would work with the factory offset. I know I would get some utility from the factory tires and wheels, but I would still need to lay out the cash to buy the "spare set". Thats makes the net price between BL and BD about $3k (I need to pull the Aluminum wheels off the BD build in this case). The differences for the builds I think are comparable and I am considering are below. My minimum options for this example was rear locker, Hardtop, Advanced Transfer Case and Aluminum wheels (I think I have the builds and pricing correct)-
Hardtop, Auto, Advanced Transfer Case, Aluminum WheelsWildtrak (Cloth Seats, Carpet, Standard Bumper, 35" tires)Badlands (MGV, Sig Light, Modular Bumper, R.Rails, 33" BFG Tires)Black Diamond (MGV, Mod. Bumper, Case,R.Rails?, 31.6" tires)DifferenceDifference/BD to WT% To sales Price
2.3 High$51,165
2.7 mid$50,970$51,765$47,510$4,255$3,4608.96%
Hey, that is a great spreadsheet right there! I have stolen it for myself. Thank you!

Do you give any credence to the possible payload issues and how each of these builds will do in that regard?

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, that is a great spreadsheet right there! I have stolen it for myself. Thank you!

Do you give any credence to the possible payload issues and how each of these builds will do in that regard?
The hand wringing on payload and GVWR isn't an issue to me. It remains to be seen what is driving the ratings issues. I do think the 2.3 will be better off road in many situations because of lower weight and better mass centralization. Right now we have both a 2.3l Ranger and 2.7 F150 w/10 speeds and they are both really good. the 2.7 just has an addicting low end that I think I will miss if I don't step up and pay the man $$$$$

Sponsored

Lainez

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just sharing my struggle. Everyone gets to enjoy truck they choose/afford.

Edited original post for clarity

PlayBallVegas

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Titan swapped Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I really like the fact that these crash bars appear to be easily removed. I do wonder though how they affect clearance. Does the squatch have the same bars installed, or do they have ones with more clearance, or bars removed?

Coming from Toyotas that consistently put things like body mounts in the way of tire clearance, it's nice to see Ford building in plenty of room for much bigger tires that stock.
I definitely would want to remove them. It seems that it would really impede articulation. My rig has a small (less than 4") lift, but my droop is what helps me the most when we're out in the desert. The more I look at that bar, the more I'm hoping that it's either not on the Squatch, or can be removed from whatever model I end up with. I just keep seeing it being in the way. Especially if we go with 35" or ⬆.

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hot take:

On a classic vehicle steel wheels look the part but on a modern vehicle they just look like spare tires...
I think one part is the chrome lug nuts and factory center cap. May look better all black?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great job with the detailed photos! Thank you for this. It looks great?
Sponsored