Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Jalopnik has long been the National Enquirer of the automotive scene. Glad to see they at least gained some integrity.

EDIT: OMG I couldn't get through the first two paragraphs of that trash article. What a clown.
On the contrary, I really like Jalopnik. The writers are often funny, definitely donā€™t take themselves too seriously, and eschew the typical chest-beating bravado of the automotive press. They seem genuinely interested in approaching their reviews from an everyday enthusiastā€™s perspective. And theyā€™re willing to point out the absurdity of car culture, when needed (ā€œrolling coalā€ for instance).
Sponsored

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wasn't it possible based on those reporting on receiving such a vehicle in the middle east and north african markets that their Wildtrak didn't get the Sasquatch package? Though no one in North America apart from Ford corporate employees have probably experienced that here. Though I do remember reading about it on b6g from some of those rare middle east customers.
Wait. What the.......?? šŸ˜³šŸ˜³šŸ˜³

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't follow the international offerings. But I'm curious if that was only a MY'21 option (the Black Diamond upgraded wheels)? Does the MY'22 WT in Saudi Arabia or international market continue with the gloss black mirror caps and body color door handles? Is there a restriction on tint or is the WT stripped of a tint offering from the factory?

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

An automotive writer that gets it! My favorite paragraph!

The Broncoā€™s real strength is that it doesnā€™t try to excel at everything. The great folly of modern automotive journalism is the belief that every vehicle on the road should be Countach quick, church quiet, and couch soft. Thatā€™s a lie, and itā€™s how weā€™ve wound up in a world with increasingly homogenous vehicles, all more or less interchangeable in design and specification. The Bronco is comfortable, but it makes no attempt to hide the fact that itā€™s a body-on-frame SUV available from the factory on 35-inch tires. Thereā€™s wind noise, tire noise, squeaks and rattles. But it also tends towards civility in a way that even the reasonably well-sorted JL-generation Jeep Wrangler canā€™t match.
I like that, however saying "Countach quick" really doesn't work - there are a lot of vehicles on the road now that are a lot faster. in fact, according to www.0-60specs.com there are quite a few broncos that are faster than the '76 Countach!

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like that, however saying "Countach quick" really doesn't work - there are a lot of vehicles on the road now that are a lot faster. in fact, according to www.0-60specs.com there are quite a few broncos that are faster than the '76 Countach!
True, but Urus, Aventador, Huracan and Murcielago don't roll off the tongue quite like Countach!

Sponsored

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True, but Urus, Aventador, Huracan and Murcielago don't roll off the tongue quite like Countach!
Agreed, however Chiron does!

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want a laugh, check out the comments below the article.
  • 5k under MSRP?
  • Only the high-end off-road trims.
  • Sasquatch "trim"
If you ever wonder how car salesmen are able to bamboozle people, it makes a nice "Exhibit A".

SaudiBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti G37
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But I'm curious if that was only a MY'21 option (the Black Diamond upgraded wheels)?
In Saudi Arabia, the broncos come as pre-configured trims. The 2 door WT comes only non-Sasquatch like the one in the picture. The 4 door WT comes with sasquatch. The Badlands is offered only as a 4 door with 2.7 engine and sasquatch package. In addition to another 3 trims of OB and BD.
Does the MY'22 WT in Saudi Arabia or international market continue with the gloss black mirror caps and body color door handles?
MY22 haven't arrived yet to the Saudi lands.

Is there a restriction on tint or is the WT stripped of a tint offering from the factory?
I didn't get the question. You mean the WT graphics? Or window tint?
Because no restrictions as far as I know.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In Saudi Arabia, the broncos come as pre-configured trims. The 2 door WT comes only non-Sasquatch like the one in the picture.
I didn't get the question. You mean the WT graphics? Or window tint?
Because no restrictions as far as I know.
So the 2-dr WT doesn't have the Sasquatch package sans 35's? Or does it still have the front/rear lockers, heavy front axle, 4.7 gears, Bilstein shocks?

Here in the States, only the Base has no window tint on the rear MIC hardtop. Just seems out of place to not have at least a factory tint on the upper trim WT that is shown in your picture.

SaudiBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti G37
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the 2-dr WT doesn't have the Sasquatch package sans 35's? Or does it still have the front/rear lockers, heavy front axle, 4.7 gears, Bilstein shocks?

Here in the States, only the Base has no window tint on the rear MIC hardtop. Just seems out of place to not have at least a factory tint on the upper trim WT that is shown in your picture.
Exactly, the 2-dr WT doesn't have neither Sasquatch nor the 35 inch tires. No lockers, no Bilstein shocks, not equipped with the 4.7 ratio axels! The transmission is 4x4 with Part-Time Selectable Engagement (2-speedelectronic shift-on-the-fly) not the advanced 4x4. However and unlike the 2-dr, the 4-dr WT is very similar to the one in North America.

Here is a video of the 2-dr WT.

Regarding the rear window tint, I think you are right; all trims come clear glass! Maybe restricted.

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well Kenneth, I guess it's all just a matter of experience, perspective and opinion. I have had zero problems with my 2 Dr hardtop. As far as build quality goes, I believe it's right in line with other domestic brands in this price range. I have had one problem, the vinyl was pulling away from the seat back tilt handle. My dealer ordered a new cover, replaced it and now all is well. The Bronco, IMO is not meant to be "fast". I have the 2.3 7M and it runs strong. It's not going to win many drag races, but again, that's not what it was designed for. As far as the Raptor is concerned, it has too many doors and I don't really like the way it looks.

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly, the 2-dr WT doesn't have neither Sasquatch nor the 35 inch tires. No lockers, no Bilstein shocks, not equipped with the 4.7 ratio axels! The transmission is 4x4 with Part-Time Selectable Engagement (2-speedelectronic shift-on-the-fly) not the advanced 4x4. However and unlike the 2-dr, the 4-dr WT is very similar to the one in North America.

Here is a video of the 2-dr WT.

Regarding the rear window tint, I think you are right; all trims come clear glass! Maybe restricted.
Looks to me like the Saudi 2 DR Wildtrak is the same as a North America 2 DR Outer Banks (or its an Outer Banks that was rebadged as a Wildtrak....)

SaudiBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti G37
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not only is there no sasquatch here, but the text reads "most beautiful one-door jeep"
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Any 4x4 SUV is being called jeep, even Land Crusiers and Nissan Patrols. That makes the local Jeep dealer has a common slogan saying: "There is no jeep but Jeep" šŸ˜
Sponsored