North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There's a group of people on here who truly hate California and foam at the mouth at the mere mention of it, lmao.
I don't hate it, lived in Sacramento and SoCal for years, but when the opportunity came up to move to Texas, I fled the state as fast as I could. :LOL:
Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure some of these are legitimately available for sale (and yes, the price is ridiculous, but not surprising), but everyone needs to take a step back from the "Ford bad" bandwagon. As many have pointed out, the vast majority of these are actually going to the customer that ordered them and have just auto-loaded on a dealer's site. Many others are the mannequins they'll be selling in 6 months, being used to entice prospective customers, but listed at a price so high it will discourage people ready to buy now.

This will continue to be the norm as long as the dealership model is the standard. Want it to change, then lobby to your state politicians that have passed laws protecting dealers and blocking attempts by car manufacturers to sell directly to customers. (Not trying to make this political, just pointing out that if you want a different result, you need a different system.)

All that said, I hope Ford explores any action it can take against dealers selling these at huge markups while reservation holders get stuck waiting for months.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Relax Flying Bronco! No need to get your panties in a wad. All I was saying was that we should’ve expected it. Just because I live in CA doesn’t mean I agree with everything that happens here. Go Angels and Ducks! Ha
I’m glad to see you can take a good ribbing. I am also a Ducks and Angels fan, always enjoy seeing you on the forum and yes I am stalking you 😬

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am just put off by the fact the writer of this article is not aware of the inner workings of how these show up on dealer websites. Lazy journalism or he had to get something written for his editor. Either way, the whole tone of the article is just not accurate. Now, get off my lawn......
The current state of journalism epitomizes lazy. Why should Jalopnik be any different?

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m glad to see you can take a good ribbing. I am also a Ducks and Angels fan, always enjoy seeing you on the forum and yes I am stalking you 😬
It’s all good! We have more things to worry about in life than some ribbing online. At the end of the day, I want my Bronco. Ha!

Sponsored

jmjoyas

Big Bend
First Name
Joyas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUSport, 2016 Volvo XC90 T8, 2010 Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah, but you must have had at least a minute where you were saying, "Those @(#*&s better not be trying to sell my car!" 😄
Here's an interesting story

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s all good! We have more things to worry about in life than some ribbing online. At the end of the day, I want my Bronco. Ha!
Amen brother.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, but remember the dealers are independent agents (of agony). With the exception of a select few dealers like Tom from Chapman and others.
Huh?

https://www.chapmanfordhorsham.com/new/Ford/2021-Ford-Bronco-6983381f0a0e09a846ddb2e5f5fae6d9.htm

https://www.chapmanfordhorsham.com/new/Ford/2021-Ford-Bronco-630393bb0a0e09a934a7a3c7911ee3b9.htm

Don't get it twisted. They wouldn't be offering these deals on this forum if it didn't benefit them.

I'm not saying it's not a good deal for the end user. I'm just saying know who/what you're dealing with. It's an antiquated, broken system. I'd like to say eventually dealers will be middled out... but too many lobbyists for that to ever happen. (look at the issues Tesla had in NJ years ago) But there's no reason in 2021 I shouldn't be able to buy directly from the manufacturer.

OP
OP
Wide Open Roads

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Huh?

https://www.chapmanfordhorsham.com/new/Ford/2021-Ford-Bronco-6983381f0a0e09a846ddb2e5f5fae6d9.htm

https://www.chapmanfordhorsham.com/new/Ford/2021-Ford-Bronco-630393bb0a0e09a934a7a3c7911ee3b9.htm

Don't get it twisted. They wouldn't be offering these deals on this forum if it didn't benefit them.

I'm not saying it's not a good deal for the end user. I'm just saying know who/what you're dealing with. It's an antiquated, broken system. I'd like to say eventually dealers will be middled out... but too many lobbyists for that to ever happen. (look at the issues Tesla had in NJ years ago) But there's no reason in 2021 I shouldn't be able to buy directly from the manufacturer.
Oh yeah, antiquated system for sure. My point wasn't that some dealers weren't offering marked up Broncos, but more of a comment on the purchase experience in general. But what you say is correct, it's stone age compared to how the rest of the world of commerce works.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's an interesting story
That's much more interesting (and dramatic) than the story I have about the dealer who sold my vehicle that I had signed a sales agreement for and put a deposit on. It was a vehicle the dealership had ordered and was scheduled to ship. By the time we went to purchase it, they tried to get us to buy a different vehicle, stating it was the one we purchased! Long story short, money was returned, we purchased a vehicle from a different dealership and aren't buying our Bronco from them, either.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.