Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco talk starts at the 5:30 mark if you want to skip ahead.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks. That was actually entertaining to listen to.

Sponsored

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Listened to 80% of it, the old man is a former Ford Engine Division employee and has good industry insight. A lot of the content is about the market shift occurring in North America. Almost makes you want to wait for whatever is next. I am not going to, but it makes you think twice.
That's just innovation in general. Same concept with cell phones, computers, TVs, etc.

I liked the old guy talking about how Tesla is absolutely outplaying everyone by a significant margin

Edit: Just finished. Those last 7 minutes are a bit concern on the potential longevity of the bronco. Hopefully a lot of reservations turn to orders turn to actual purchases. Seems the profit margin on Bronco is super small on purpose to get a decent share of the wrangler market.

Last edited:

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's just innovation in general. Same concept with cell phones, computers, TVs, etc.

I liked the old guy talking about how Tesla is absolutely outplaying everyone by a significant margin

Edit: Just finished. Those last 7 minutes are a bit concern on the potential longevity of the bronco. Hopefully a lot of reservations turn to orders turn to actual purchases. Seems the profit margin on Bronco is super small on purpose to get a decent share of the wrangler market.
As long as the OE charges appropriately for content and it's burden, it's not necessarily a bad thing; and it can also make you alot of money. There is no getting around the fact that type of complexity does drive up captial program cost, and cost associated complexity and sequencing.

The pilot build images of the of the insturment panel with just a substraight, screen, and steering column support the consideration of a layered IP build with lots of potential customer variation. IPs are typically brought in much more complete then what was shown.

Though it's hard to safe for sure has these images are not necessarily indicative of production.

Last edited:

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was long as hell but fully entertaining. Thanks for posting this.

Sponsored

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Long winded - but quite fascinating. I watched the whole thing.

Not really any new information in there, but just awesome different perspectives I hadn't thought of before, and also insight that only industry experience can bring.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I'm sitting here listening to the video while I work and I have my 1st complaint. These guys keep saying that IFS is cheaper than solid front axle. Which means thusthentherefor.... Ford could've undershot Jeep by a bit more and REALLY CRUSHED THEM IN SALES!

OK I'm good now, back to the video! ?

Edit #1: Got to the part where the masked guy says "It needs a V8" ... Hell yeah it does, give us the rumble!!

Last edited:

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I'm sitting here listening to the video while I work and I have my 1st complaint. These guys keep saying that IFS is cheaper than solid front axle. Which means thusthentherefor.... Ford could've undershot Jeep by a bit more and REALLY CRUSHED THEM IN SALES!

OK I'm good now, back to the video! ?
Cheaper for Ford.

It would cost a significant amount of money and time to design, validate, crash, a solid axle option with the T6 platform.

All while adding another layer of complexity to production, adding line space in plant space that may not have it or is better spent sequencing something like the raptor variant frame...
Sponsored