Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007LarietCC4x4, 2018FocusTit, 2016Jeep reneTH
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
[QOTE="bloominguez, post: 416270, member: 6863"]
Funny cell phone ya got there that you can operate 1) with a single swipe; 2) without looking at it; and 3) without taking a single hand off the wheel...
[/QUOTE]
nope all done with old technology with my hands on the wheel and voice commands. Didn't you know you can answer, cANCEL and make calls all by voice? All you need to do is press the listen button on your steering wheel and say call Joe or whom ever and the call is placed. As long as the person is in your address book and you are in range of a cel tower its a done deal. Been making answering calls like this since 2010 when driving
Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

nope all done with old technology with my hands on the wheel and voice commands. Didn't you know you can answer, cANCEL and make calls all by voice? All you need to do is press the listen button on your steering wheel and say call Joe or whom ever and the call is placed. As long as the person is in your address book and you are in range of a cel tower its a done deal. Been making answering calls like this since 2010 when driving
Ah, so now a simple manual action without taking your hands off the wheel is cool? Got it.

Also, and I'm sure you know this, it's not primarily the physical dexterity issues that are a problem with using a cell phone while driving. It's the concentration associated with the conversation itself.

Quick search, just a few of many links...

https://www.apa.org/research/action/drive
"Strayer and his colleagues compared data for hand-held and hands-free devices and found no difference in the impairment to driving, thus, they say, raising doubts about the scientific basis for regulations that prohibit only hand-held cell phones."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/06/170605085356.htm
"There's no evidence that I know of that says you can eliminate the mental distraction of cell phone use with practice or conditioning."

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007LarietCC4x4, 2018FocusTit, 2016Jeep reneTH
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ah, so now a simple manual action without taking your hands off the wheel is cool? Got it.

Also, and I'm sure you know this, it's not primarily the physical dexterity issues that are a problem with using a cell phone while driving. It's the concentration associated with the conversation itself.

Quick search, just a few of many links...

https://www.apa.org/research/action/drive
"Strayer and his colleagues compared data for hand-held and hands-free devices and found no difference in the impairment to driving, thus, they say, raising doubts about the scientific basis for regulations that prohibit only hand-held cell phones."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/06/170605085356.htm
"There's no evidence that I know of that says you can eliminate the mental distraction of cell phone use with practice or conditioning."
No not to be cool just one less thing i have to fiddle with when driving. Why do you insist that fiddling with things while you drive is as safe or safer than keeping your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road?
You can find justification on the net to support any position you want, none referenced to the actual research with contact information to support there position they just say such and such study and thats it.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No not to be cool just one less thing i have to fiddle with when driving. Why do you insist that fiddling with things while you drive is as safe or safer than keeping your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road?
You can find justification on the net to support any position you want, none referenced to the actual research with contact information to support there position they just say such and such study and thats it.
Why do you insist that I take my hands off the wheel to activate wipers? Why do you think that's "fiddling"? Neither is remotely true. I should just stop riding my motorcycles, I guess. How do I ever manage to use the clutch, gas, or front brakes--simultaneously at times--while also steering? Fact is, you can do all those things and not lose focus, it's really not that difficult.

As for the lights, if the weather is sketchy, I just turn them on and leave them on, done. Also, I drive a manual transmission; I take one of my hands off the wheel periodically anyway. This fixation that you seem have with both hands on the wheel all the time is really quite perplexing.

As for the internet studies, all I can say is they back up my direct observations, watching and listening to people drive and take calls. Talking on the phone *is* a distraction, more so than any of the behaviors we've talked about. If there's a dangerous traffic situation I invariably hear people disengage from the conversation as they focus on that.

Bottom line: I have no need for automatic wiper or light control. I've spec'd my Bronco accordingly. If you feel you do, great, it's your vehicle.

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, I like this guy a lot. Pretty straight shooter. Is he offering any deals off MSRP?
Jorge had advertised since day one (reservation time) on his you tube that they sell at MSRP and no Mark ups.
Sponsored