First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thankfully I am not pressed for a new vehicle at the moment so I can hold out. The only obstacle is my childlike patience wanting to get my paws on a new toy.:sneaky:
Sponsored

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As of 1/16, my dealer was allocated 26 non-FE and 2 FE. They weren't able to determine how many of the 138 reservations are for FE. I guess I'm hoping it's only 2.
Are all dealers able to know how many FE allocations they have at this point?

bpurtz

First Edition
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Rubi, Sierra Denali, Taco TRD Pro, 4Run LTD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
IDK - I'm guessing yes though. I saw the email that listed the allocation that the dealer claimed.

Ranger345

Badlands
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So with this info the conversion rate in my opinion will tank who would order a 21 if half the shit you want isn't available until "late availability"....... Wait 6 months for a 22 WITH ALL. THE OPTIONS AND KEEP YOUR PLACE INLINE........ DRRRRRR no brainer.... waiting for a 22 model........

NotAnonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is definitely gonna be an interesting waiting period for those of us who have late (October and after) reservations - it'llost definitely come down to the conversion rate - otherwise we could be getting our trucks very late into calendar year 2022.

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So with this info the conversion rate in my opinion will tank who would order a 21 if half the shit you want isn't available until "late availability"....... Wait 6 months for a 22 WITH ALL. THE OPTIONS AND KEEP YOUR PLACE INLINE........ DRRRRRR no brainer.... waiting for a 22 model........
Well......they may be late availability at that point too, who knows

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, our allocation email was "Total Reservations, Allocation excluding FE, and FE allocations."

BadlandsCable

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel pretty confident in receiving my Bronco in 21 but with some delays due to 2.7 and Sasquatch. My reservation shows 7/14 but emails shows 7/13 8:08 PM in Arizona, so ~ 3hours after orders were opened, reservation 1013****. I will still wait for my Bronco but I am severely disappointed in Ford. They put information out through advertising to reserve a Bronco and we will follow the time stamp for delivery and now it's a moving target and changing criteria such as dealer allocation. I think this is bogus and they should honor the reservation time stamps regardless of dealer allocation formulas. This vehicle much like the first addition (i had a 75) has a tremendous following and more than likely will build high loyalty but these moving targets and criteria are not helping them get there.

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get commodities will be the biggest factor. Say there weren't commodity constraints though.

If I was bumped out of my dealers allocations because their friends and preferred customers went first I'd be pretty sour. Especially since all along Ford has said it will be the timestamps. Even the FAQ you posted says that.

I get that that is not what you're doing but I just don't understand why priority codes are a factor. That was never the way I understood the reservation system to work.

Just seems a bit BS that Ford is telling us that when you order doesn't matter, that the timestamp is the deciding factor, when its possible that's not the case.

Again... I don't mean to sound upset with you. It would just be nice if the FAQ actually clearly answered the questions.
Ok, this is my last comment on priority's. I shouldn't have ever mentioned it, I see it as no issue, but some here have gone crazy over it.

Yes, a dealer could bump your order, if it weren't the dealer prioritizing, Ford employees could bump their friends up, and dealers could call them and get their friends bumped, I see less of an issue this way. I don't see this being an issue affecting 99.99% of us. With over 3000 dealers, I'm sure someone will do it, but again I don't see it happening much or affecting many.

Now because we can do some prioritizing, I see it helping a large percentage of people. I think with the threats over units ending up in stock, most dealers will be thoroughly vetting buyers to make sure they intend to go through with the purchase. Even so, some will have things happen (death, pregnancy's, job change, move, etc) that will force them to back out after converting their reservation to an order. If we couldn't prioritize every one of these would end up as dealer stock, with this system, when an allocation comes up, I can call, verify its still good to go with the customer, and if not, I can bump them back and move the next one up, so the buyer that can't make the purchase will not have theirs built (at least as a 21 I'm not sure if we'll be allowed to cancel between model years or not), buyers behind them all move up one and one more person will get their Bronco as a 21. Dealer won't be penalized for stock units (which would cause even more orders to not get built). I don't this cancellation to be common, but I would expect many of dealers to run into it, but as long as we find out before scheduling, it will be nothing but a positive for everyone behind that order. This is where I say that it would be very, very bad if dealers couldn't adjust priority.

After the VIN's assigned, nothing can be done, that ones coming.

As to those asking the numbers (10-19), they don't mean anything, they only apply to that dealer. If I have mine as all 10's and another dealer has all 19's, mine have no advantage over his. They only apply to that dealer. Most dealers just dump everything on one number (and oldest order has priority on a normal vehicle, timestamp will be the priority on Bronco).

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel pretty confident in receiving my Bronco in 21 but with some delays due to 2.7 and Sasquatch. My reservation shows 7/14 but emails shows 7/13 8:08 PM in Arizona, so ~ 3hours after orders were opened, reservation 1013****. I will still wait for my Bronco but I am severely disappointed in Ford. They put information out through advertising to reserve a Bronco and we will follow the time stamp for delivery and now it's a moving target and changing criteria such as dealer allocation. I think this is bogus and they should honor the reservation time stamps regardless of dealer allocation formulas. This vehicle much like the first addition (i had a 75) has a tremendous following and more than likely will build high loyalty but these moving targets and criteria are not helping them get there.
I think you'll find for the majority of dealers it will be time stamp delivery. There will be a few dealers with some lopsided sales that may be off, but I'd bet that if you compare 98% of the dealers will be in reservation order, even if compared to each other.

The problem with straight reservation order is it could cause problems with shipping and dealers inventories. Just due to murphys law, you could end up with a dealer getting all their orders at one time, which some couldn't handle (financially on floorplan, or shop getting them all ready). Also you could see bunches end up going all to one part of the country, which the rail system couldn't handle. With the allocation/scheduling system, the mix will end up nationwide at the right ratio, which may delay some orders a week or two and make others a week or two early, but overall won't be noticeable.

I wish I could say that we'll prove it out once they start arriving, but I'm fairly certain that commodities are going to make delivery times such a mess that it'll be impossible to compare time stamps, I expect a couple months in to be into orders that weren't expected to schedule as others pass their allocation since they can't get the options they want. I hope I'm wrong, but thats what I expect.

Sponsored

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think you'll find for the majority of dealers it will be time stamp delivery. There will be a few dealers with some lopsided sales that may be off, but I'd bet that if you compare 98% of the dealers will be in reservation order, even if compared to each other.

The problem with straight reservation order is it could cause problems with shipping and dealers inventories. Just due to murphys law, you could end up with a dealer getting all their orders at one time, which some couldn't handle (financially on floorplan, or shop getting them all ready). Also you could see bunches end up going all to one part of the country, which the rail system couldn't handle. With the allocation/scheduling system, the mix will end up nationwide at the right ratio, which may delay some orders a week or two and make others a week or two early, but overall won't be noticeable.

I wish I could say that we'll prove it out once they start arriving, but I'm fairly certain that commodities are going to make delivery times such a mess that it'll be impossible to compare time stamps, I expect a couple months in to be into orders that weren't expected to schedule as others pass their allocation since they can't get the options they want. I hope I'm wrong, but thats what I expect.
So let’s say that I decide, after discussions with both dealers that have my reservations, that I want to move my FE to someone else? If I go with a build that won’t delay, no modular top and no black interior, since the allocation is FE specific would that delay me delivery? Apologies of I’m beating a dead horse here.

Likewise, if I selected what I’d like in an actual desirable build, and not the moronic decision to force navy pier down FE owners throat, what would be the impact of changing dealers if any?

Thanks in advance for the guidance!

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder how this will effect @Granger Ford
They likely need as many reservations to convert as possible for MY21 in order to keep their allocation up, but I'm sure a lot will want to wait and convert when order banks for 22 open. Myself included.
We will be fine and handle each customer that wishes 2022 options to the best of our ability and move others up to fill the spots, we will not have a problem filling allocation...

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So let’s say that I decide, after discussions with both dealers that have my reservations, that I want to move my FE to someone else? If I go with a build that won’t delay, no modular top and no black interior, since the allocation is FE specific would that delay me delivery? Apologies of I’m beating a dead horse here.

Likewise, if I selected what I’d like in an actual desirable build, and not the moronic decision to force navy pier down FE owners throat, what would be the impact of changing dealers if any?

Thanks in advance for the guidance!
My opinion is with a FE it won't matter which dealer. Delivery will vary, but again it's luck.

If you order late availability options. Same holds true, just will have to wait until options are available before it schedules. Even if you don't, they'll be built all year, so a navy pier could be built in October just because of timing.

Now if it's not an FE that's ordered, dealer could matter, if you don't order the FE on a FE reservation, I'm not sure if the extra allocation stays.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We will be fine and handle each customer that wishes 2022 options to the best of our ability and move others up to fill the spots, we will not have a problem filling allocation...
Thrilled that I'm going to be able order a ManSquatch! Didn't believe it was going to be possible with my early reservation.

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007LarietCC4x4, 2018FocusTit, 2016Jeep reneTH
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Fords wet dream :p
Yeah well lets hope they pull it off before people become disillusioned with the delays and chaNGES to buy Jeeps. At least Jeep has rain sensing wipers. Last week i made a 1400 mile trip in which i was 70% of the time in those 1-2 minute showers in my Ford F250 turning wipers on and off trying to deal with nasty road conditions and crazy drivers at the same time. Rain sensing wipers like auto lights are important safety features that all cars should come standard with.l
Sponsored