Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At least Jeep has rain sensing wipers. Last week i made a 1400 mile trip in which i was 70% of the time in those 1-2 minute showers in my Ford F250 turning wipers on and off trying to deal with nasty road conditions and crazy drivers at the same time. Rain sensing wipers like auto lights are important safety features that all cars should come standard with.
Completely disagree. I don't need or want either. More important to have a proper wiper control stalk where I can easily get one swipe when *I* want the wipers to come on. I'm also more than capable of turning on my own lights.
Sponsored

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Check the accessory list post. Items such as the tube doors and the Bimini top are listed as late availability. I asked my dealer to scrub my order for anything that may cause a delay so I can make those a parts dept. order.
You forgot the 2.7 and Sasquatch.... will be a hell of an FE with no engine and suspension :ROFLMAO:

beaglebronco

First Edition
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am an FE reservation holder and still confused on one point. Am I forced to get a MY21?

If I wanted an option that has been communicated as delayed until MY22 only (body color hard modular top, for example, or slide out tailgate), do I have this option?

Or will all FEs be forced to build in MY21 and I will lose out on the ability to order the options that I originally had thought would be a part of this purchase?

Thanks for someone being able to clearly answer this based on FORD knowledge.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder how this will effect @Granger Ford
They likely need as many reservations to convert as possible for MY21 in order to keep their allocation up, but I'm sure a lot will want to wait and convert when order banks for 22 open. Myself included.
We will handle the orders either way... There are many that want to get 2022 specific items and others that want them asap so will arrange both to get the most bang for the buck in the allocation system for our customers...

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You forgot the 2.7 and Sasquatch.... will be a hell of an FE with no engine and suspension :ROFLMAO:
I understand that the 2.7's and the Sasquatch that is available will go to the FE's that is what the limits on others are imposed...

Sponsored

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007LarietCC4x4, 2018FocusTit, 2016Jeep reneTH
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Completely disagree. I don't need or want either. More important to have a proper windshield control stalk where I can easily get one swipe when *I* want the wipers to come on. I'm also more than capable of turning on my own lights.
you don't do much driving in heavy traffic in blustery storms and thunder showers like we have out west. Under these conditions you need both hands on the wheel and eyes on the road mirrors every second. Any device that eliminates distractions like fiddleing with wipers or light switchs allowing you to focus entirly upon other drivers can save your life and you should be thankful for.
That said these safety devices i am referring to only work if you have them activated.

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Completely disagree. I don't need or want either. More important to have a proper windshield control stalk where I can easily get one swipe when *I* want the wipers to come on. I'm also more than capable of turning on my own lights.
you don't do much driving in heavy traffic in blustery storms and thunder showers like we have out west. Under these conditions you need both hands on the wheel and eyes on the road mirrors every second. Any device that eliminates distractions like fiddleing with wipers or light switchs allowing you to focus entirly upon other drivers can save your life and you should be thankful for.
That said these safety devices i am referring to only work if you have them activated.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They must not be THAT great, because I don’t see ’em on your tractor. ?

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They must not be THAT great, because I don’t see ’em on your tractor. ?
chuckle.....don't even have a windshield...That is a 1975 Ford 2000 diesl the last of its kind, i am the 2nd owner and it still works every year brush hogging mostly..

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I understand that the 2.7's and the Sasquatch that is available will go to the FE's that is what the limits on others are imposed...
Well seems like many folks don't want the FE anymore or want to wait for the Black interior...but I guess 7,000 Sasquatch packages won't go very far with the othe 183k reservations.

Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Still not convinced, and I've driven (and ridden) in plenty of bad weather. I don't find it to be a distraction; there is no fiddling *if* you have well-designed controls. It's a reflex to hit the wipers, and you certainly don't have to take your hands off the wheel to do so. Hopefully the Bronco will also have good controls like my current vehicles do.

More importantly, in cars I've driven with those features, the automatic controls aren't very good. I very often find that the wipers turn on when I don't want or need them to. People drive with the automatic lights on, and fail to dim them properly when driving at night, blinding oncoming traffic. I find those things to be much more distracting.

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Still not convinced, and I've driven (and ridden) in plenty of bad weather. I don't find it to be a distraction; there is no fiddling *if* you have well-designed controls. It's a reflex to hit the wipers, and you certainly don't have to take your hands off the wheel to do so. Hopefully the Bronco will also have good controls like my current vehicles do.

More importantly, in cars I've driven with those features, the automatic controls aren't very good. I very often find that the wipers turn on when I don't want or need them to. People drive with the automatic lights on, and fail to dim them properly when driving at night, blinding oncoming traffic. I find those things to be much more distracting.
why did they make a law against cell phone use when driving? Because cell phones like anything you fiddle with when driving takes your attention off your primary purpose when behind the wheel of watching other drivers and the road. ....chuckle.......you don't have to use safety devices if you don't want to and wipers and lights are safety devices. Auto lights I was referring to were ones that simply turn off and on automatically not high beams.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

why did they make a law against cell phone use when driving? Because cell phones like anything you fiddle with when driving takes your attention off your primary purpose when behind the wheel of watching other drivers and the road. ....chuckle.......you don't have to use safety devices if you don't want to and wipers and lights are safety devices. Auto lights I was referring to were ones that simply turn off and on automatically not high beams.
Funny cell phone ya got there that you can operate 1) with a single swipe; 2) without looking at it; and 3) without taking a single hand off the wheel...

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Funny cell phone ya got there that you can operate 1) with a single swipe; 2) without looking at it; and 3) without taking a single hand off the wheel...
I also don't talk to my wiper controls about work or the football game for 20 minutes. :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored