Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are already some dealers telling people if they switch over they will not be put in with this 1st allocation.
Dealers tell people a lot of things.

The FAQ suggests that Ford will decide when Broncos are built. Not the dealer. Which is the way it has been and should be.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Allocation is on a monthly basis. That's good to know. Nobody has ever answered that until now.
Let hypothesize:

Granger has 1000 res, would be 300 allocation per month? 4 months they would clear out their entire reservation list.

SAC has 200 reservations, 70 allocations, 3 months and their list is done.

How can there be MY22 reservations (delayed items not withstanding)?

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dealers tell people a lot of things.

The FAQ suggests that Ford will decide when Broncos are built. Not the dealer. Which is the way it has been and should be.
It seems like we agree on how it should work. Iā€™m just trying to let people know they should find out soon how their dealer is interpreting the rules. The dealer is the one putting in the order.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The late availability/MY22 tops still have me debating order timing strategy but I also don't want to miss the boat on the CO color if there's a chance it is MY21 only.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It seems like we agree on how it should work. Iā€™m just trying to let people know they should find out soon how their dealer is interpreting the rules. The dealer is the one putting in the order.
The dealer can interpret the rules however they want. They put in the order but Ford builds to Ford's schedule. Ford doesn't care if the dealer submits Terry's order before Frank's. If Frank reserved first then Ford builds Frank's Bronco first.

Ford makes the final decision. It doesn't matter how the dealer operates.

Sponsored

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stupid question ...

Wouldnā€™t converting as many reservations to orders no matter what model year it will be help with dealer allocation, meaning more order conversions the better the allocation?

So why wouldnā€™t all dealers want to convert potential orders outside their allocation window to order...

Am I wrong, or just dumb...

Maybe both
I guess my thought with this would be so dealerships donā€™t write up a contract for a vehicle that canā€™t be delivered since MY22 specific items arenā€™t in the system yet?

First Name
Desmond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fustion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What are the MY22 options?
Email from Ford Friday said the following:

• Order Tips ā€“ Due to overwhelming demand, we expect that certain configurations may lead to extended wait times. These include:
  • Twoā€‘Door
  • Wildtrakā„¢ Series
  • 2.7L Engine
  • Sasquatchā„¢ Package
  • Lux Equipment Group
  • Leatherā€‘Trimmed Interior
Additionally, some vehicle options that are slated for late availability will delay the build and delivery of your order.*These include:​
  • Black Modular Painted Hard Top ā€“ Deliveries beginning in late summer 2021.

• Dual Top (vehicle ships with both a hard top and a soft top) ā€“ Deliveries beginning in late summer 2021.

• All-Black Interior Seating Option on First Edition ā€“ Deliveries beginning in late summer 2021.

• Roof Rack With Four-Door Sasquatch Package ā€“ Available in 2022 model year.

• Manual Transmission With Sasquatch Package ā€“ Available in 2022 model year.

• Body Color and White Painted Modular Hard Top ā€“ Available in 2022 model year.
If you have any questions, please contact your Ford Dealer. You can also contact Ford Motor Companyā€™s Marketing Program Headquarters at 800ā€‘334ā€‘4375 or view our FAQs here.​

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let hypothesize:

Granger has 1000 res, would be 300 allocation per month? 4 months they would clear out their entire reservation list.

SAC has 200 reservations, 70 allocations, 3 months and their list is done.

How can there be MY22 reservations (delayed items not withstanding)?
No, that 300 would be spread out by month--about 50 per--as evenly as possible depending on options or we would all get MY21 Broncos.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, that 300 would be spread out by month--about 50 per--as evenly as possible depending on options or we would all get MY21 Broncos.
Ok. TY.

So TomBULL guy lied when he said allocation was per month. I can live with that.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@XCR440 thank you for the info, if we defer our order to MY22 will we be able to change dealers after the MY22 order banks open?
Geez Louise, I'm starting to feel sorry for Ford and their dealers now.

Sponsored

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The dealer can interpret the rules however they want. They put in the order but Ford builds to Ford's schedule. Ford doesn't care if the dealer submits Terry's order before Frank's. If Frank reserved first then Ford builds Frank's Bronco first.

Ford makes the final decision. It doesn't matter how the dealer operates.
Dealer refuses to put in Frankā€™s order, cause heā€™s been talking to Terry for months. Ford doesnā€™t know anything about Frankā€˜s order because it wasnā€™t made. Frankā€™s bronco doesnā€™t get built when he wanted.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealer refuses to put in Frankā€™s order, cause heā€™s been talking to Terry for months. Ford doesnā€™t know anything about Frankā€˜s order because it wasnā€™t made. Frankā€™s bronco doesnā€™t get built when he wanted.
Now you're talking about a whole different situation.

If a dealer doesn't put in an order they will miss out on extra allocations by not converting as many reservations as possible. So they're shooting themselves in the foot anyway. That is also a pretty ballsy move with totally pissing off a customer by just not even submitting an order. I doubt that would be worth the trouble.

I'm not sure but I'm assuming you'll get a receipt and/or ordering confirmation.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
More answers in today's dealer email.

• If a customer converts an order based on the 21MY but gets pushed to 22MY, will they be able to resubmit or update an order for 22MY?
    • Yes. Orders can be updated until they are scheduled for production.
  • Should dealerships be converting as many Bronco reservations as they can during the conversion window?
    • Yes, except for those customers who want a 22MY Bronco. Converting will allow us to provide those customers with an estimated delivery window in May.
  • If a dealershipā€™s allocation exceeds their count of converted orders that fit the commodity restrictions, can they build stock units?
    • No dealer will have more 21MY allocation than orders.
  • Is there any benefit to converting a reservation to order earlier within the Jan 20th ā€“ Mar 19th period?
    • No. The customerā€™s reservation time stamp will stay attached to the order. The time stamp will help determine build priority. Converting a reservation earlier will not impact production timing.
  • Do reservations ever expire?
    • There is no expiration date for reservations at this time.
  • If a customer wants options that are late availability 21MY, should they convert their reservation to an order?
    • Yes. Converting reservations during the conversion window will ensure customers receive an estimated delivery window in May. It does not, however guarantee a 21MY Bronco
  • If a customer wants options that are not available until 22MY, should they still convert their reservation to an order between 1/20/2021 ā€“ 3/19/2021?
    • We recommend you capture their decision and let them know their reservation timestamp carries over to 22MY and you will contact them when the 22MY order bank opens. Details on 22MY ordering will be available this summer.
  • Will deferring a reservation to 22MY negatively impact a customerā€™s timestamp?
    • No. We will continue to utilize timestamps as a factor to determine when units will be built. Other factors include dealership allocation and order/package availability.
  • Will we be collecting dealer orders locally, similar to how we do specialties like Raptor and GT500?
    • We will be collecting Bronco First Editions (within dealer allocation) dealer orders. More details to come at future wholesales.
  • Did the 21MY allocation formula change?
    • The allocation formula is unchanged from what was communicated on the September 25 broadcast
  • When will Lease rates and residuals be available?
    • Rates will be available next Tuesday when order bank opens.
  • Are First Editions going to be built first?
    • First Editions will be built throughout 21MY production, e.g. some will want the black painted modular hard top which is late availability
  • Will Ford be doing any turn-key test drive events for dealers in Q2 prior to deliveries in Q3?
    • The recently announced Bronco FCTP program will serve as the primary program to provide reservation holders with test drives during the wait. Additionally, customers will be able to register and attend the Bronco Off-Roadeo driving school ahead of taking delivery of their Bronco.
Again people get excited about the 19th. Who cares. You ain't getting your Bronco any sooner: It's all about the "Time Stamp".
  • "Is there any benefit to converting a reservation to order earlier within the Jan 20th ā€“ Mar 19th period?
    • No. The customerā€™s reservation time stamp will stay attached to the order. The time stamp will help determine build priority. Converting a reservation earlier will not impact production timing."

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model