First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@XCR440 thank you for the info, if we defer our order to MY22 will we be able to change dealers after the MY22 order banks open?
I'd go into it assuming not.

The dealer can interpret the rules however they want. They put in the order but Ford builds to Ford's schedule. Ford doesn't care if the dealer submits Terry's order before Frank's. If Frank reserved first then Ford builds Frank's Bronco first.

Ford makes the final decision. It doesn't matter how the dealer operates.
Dealers can adjust order timing and priority. This is critical, I've got some that have early orders and don't want them till late fall. (well thought this was an issue, before seeing allocation numbers, now might be right on time).

If anyone doubts me, we were told it point blank, but even if Ford didn't allow changes, all that would have to be done is add commodity controls to the order you don't want to schedule and it'll get bypassed, then you take them back off. We do it all the time on Ford's suggested orders that we don't want.

Another example. I've given my customers their position, if someone new wants to transfer in, they go behind my existing customers, I'm not going back on my word, done that enough by using the wrong information that Ford's given us already.

My opinion of this is if you don't trust your dealer, and this is a concern for you, you need to find another dealer.

Since Ford now says your reservation doesn't expire a couple of questions.

1) Will Ford still refund your $100 reservation fee if you don't convert as of March 19th? Even if you intend to have a 22 MY order? It was communicated earlier Ford would refund your reservation.

2) Will Ford now allow a reservation holder to change dealers after the March 19th date? I believe the last communication from Ford was that you could change dealers up until the order deadline?
I'm assuming the $100 is held unless you cancel.

I'd bet that there will be no more switching after the cutoff.

Ok what IF I go to convert on Wednesday and then find out in May I wouldn’t get until late 2021. Am I stuck? Can I cancel defer?
No, once you convert, you can't cancel. Warnings of this on the dealer instructions for converting the reservations. Possibly could have the dealer add Sasquatch and 2.7 which would probably bump you out of 21.

Where do i find the list of
changes for the 22MY? Maybe rain sensing wipers will be added
Probably won't be out until late summer or later.

All depends on cancellations, based on 21 being 1/2 a year and only 30% can be built (and thats of the pre-9/18) So assuming 22 is double that and goes to 60% being a full year, we're still not all the way to 9/18, so yes.

That said, I'm guessing there will be few 7/13-15 cancellations and tons of cancellations later than this. Reservation to delivery time was already too long, this new increase I think will cause many people to cancel out, especially the post 9/18 ones. But I do bet it takes a good chunk of 22 to get through the reservations. Later in the year I see stock units being built amongst the reservation's. There will be 2.7L Sasquatches that get pushed so far back due to commodities that other stock units will get built way before them. Already seeing it on Bronco Sport, order a Base or Big Bend with no packages it'll get built before sold OBX or BD's that have the moonroof packages by a good bit due to commodity shortages.
Sponsored

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jorge is my dealer. I am flying to Texas from California to drive the Bronco home as an adventure.
Jorge is great! Fortunately I live about 6 miles from Tomball Ford. This guy is on top of it!!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealers can adjust order timing and priority. This is critical, I've got some that have early orders and don't want them till late fall. (well thought this was an issue, before seeing allocation numbers, now might be right on time).

If anyone doubts me, we were told it point blank, but even if Ford didn't allow changes, all that would have to be done is add commodity controls to the order you don't want to schedule and it'll get bypassed, then you take them back off. We do it all the time on Ford's suggested orders that we don't want
I can see bumping people back if they want it. I don't know why anyone would object to that.

But you're saying dealers can still input in whatever order and priority they want?

What's the point of the timestamp then?

Scotteasymoney

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150. 72 maverick grabber
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So when exactly is the end of model year for 2021 and 2022 start?

Sponsored

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dealers can adjust order timing and priority.
How?? According to Ford, it goes by timestamp order (assuming there are no constraints), not when the res is converted to an order.

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish they would leave the FEs out of the allocation model.
Correct, with the Reservation list over 190,000, to continue to talk about a small .04% is frankly silly..
Ford listens to the FE 7,000 more then the larger sum of 43%+ ( Bronco6G #)Badlands or Wildtrack concerns... Interior colors, top color, pull out tailgate, etc ..
I just don't get it either..

Last edited:
OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How?? According to Ford, it goes by timestamp order (assuming there are no constraints), not when the res is converted to an order.
Timestamp is the default, so that will be for most, but dealers will still be able to use priority codes. It's not anything that is a big worry, this isn't an issue. Worry about commodity controls, that's how people are going to get passed over and that's going yo be the complaints we'll be talking about all summer.

NotAnonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All depends on cancellations, based on 21 being 1/2 a year and only 30% can be built (and thats of the pre-9/18) So assuming 22 is double that and goes to 60% being a full year, we're still not all the way to 9/18, so yes.

That said, I'm guessing there will be few 7/13-15 cancellations and tons of cancellations later than this. Reservation to delivery time was already too long, this new increase I think will cause many people to cancel out, especially the post 9/18 ones. But I do bet it takes a good chunk of 22 to get through the reservations. Later in the year I see stock units being built amongst the reservation's. There will be 2.7L Sasquatches that get pushed so far back due to commodities that other stock units will get built way before them. Already seeing it on Bronco Sport, order a Base or Big Bend with no packages it'll get built before sold OBX or BD's that have the moonroof packages by a good bit due to commodity shortages.
As someone holding an October reservation, that's pretty sobering (though not unexpected) - that I could almost be pushed close to MY23 with quite a few stock units already on dealer lots.

Last edited:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Timestamp is the default, so that will be for most, but dealers will still be able to use priority codes. It's not anything that is a big worry, this isn't an issue. Worry about commodity controls, that's how people are going to get passed over and that's going yo be the complaints we'll be talking about all summer.
I get commodities will be the biggest factor. Say there weren't commodity constraints though.

If I was bumped out of my dealers allocations because their friends and preferred customers went first I'd be pretty sour. Especially since all along Ford has said it will be the timestamps. Even the FAQ you posted says that.

I get that that is not what you're doing but I just don't understand why priority codes are a factor. That was never the way I understood the reservation system to work.

Just seems a bit BS that Ford is telling us that when you order doesn't matter, that the timestamp is the deciding factor, when its possible that's not the case.

Again... I don't mean to sound upset with you. It would just be nice if the FAQ actually clearly answered the questions.

Sponsored

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea, seems like every option I want will delay it. :(

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Jorge is my dealer. I am flying to Texas from California to drive the Bronco home as an adventure.
Wow, I like this guy a lot. Pretty straight shooter. Is he offering any deals off MSRP?

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get commodities will be the biggest factor. Say there weren't commodity constraints though.

If I was bumped out of my dealers allocations because their friends and preferred customers went first I'd be pretty sour. Especially since all along Ford has said it will be the timestamps. Even the FAQ you posted says that.

I get that that is not what you're doing but I just don't understand why priority codes are a factor. That was never the way I understood the reservation system to work.

Just seems a bit BS that Ford is telling us that when you order doesn't matter, that the timestamp is the deciding factor, when its possible that's not the case.

Again... I don't mean to sound upset with you. It would just be nice if the FAQ actually clearly answered the questions.
I get it, I'm just saying I don't see it as a problem at most any dealer. Your far more likely to get cheated by mathematics and rounding in the allocation system than this.

Last edited:

Deuce

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know I sound like the Pollyanna here, but I’ll be happy to get mine when I get it. I’ve wanted a new bronco since I knew they were coming back, and I’ll order what I want, not what will get here faster. I know my 2.7 and lux will cost me time, but I’d hate to settle on a vehicle I’ve wanted this long. I’ve got a day 2 reservation, but I won’t be surprised if it gets pushed back due to options I want.
Sponsored