First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So when exactly is the end of model year for 2021 and 2022 start?
December.
If I was bumped out of my dealers allocations because their friends and preferred customers went first I'd be pretty sour. Especially since all along Ford has said it will be the timestamps. Even the FAQ you posted says that.
I get why a dealer may put someone to the front of the line. Sometimes it's just business. If a corporate fleet manager responsible for 10's or 100's of vehicle purchases wants a Bronco, they are going to get a Bronco. Business is business.

It sucks, and shouldn't be so. But it is what it is and it happens. It's not what you know, it's who you know. Most dealers here have vowed not to do it. But how would we even know if they did? We wouldn't, so don't worry about it.

Res #'s are for the rest of us nobodies. If me nobody has an earlier res # than you nobody, then I go first, after the fleet manager. :)
Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Timestamp is the default, so that will be for most, but dealers will still be able to use priority codes. It's not anything that is a big worry, this isn't an issue. Worry about commodity controls, that's how people are going to get passed over and that's going yo be the complaints we'll be talking about all summer.
What are the rules on Priority, can you share? I thought I saw a thread somewhere and I thinks itā€™s something with a rank using #s 1-10. please elaborate so when we order we can ask/verify what priority # or dealer is putting each of us in at. Thanks.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Timestamp is the default, so that will be for most, but dealers will still be able to use priority codes. It's not anything that is a big worry, this isn't an issue. Worry about commodity controls, that's how people are going to get passed over and that's going yo be the complaints we'll be talking about all summer.
"Priority codes"? Doesn't Ford want dealers to convert all reservations into an order? Why would a dealer not convert a reservation to order? They would be penalized.... And then once all of the orders are in the system, it's Ford who decides which gets built first, not the dealer.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More answers in today's dealer email.

• If a customer converts an order based on the 21MY but gets pushed to 22MY, will they be able to resubmit or update an order for 22MY?
    • Yes. Orders can be updated until they are scheduled for production.
  • Should dealerships be converting as many Bronco reservations as they can during the conversion window?
    • Yes, except for those customers who want a 22MY Bronco. Converting will allow us to provide those customers with an estimated delivery window in May.
  • If a dealershipā€™s allocation exceeds their count of converted orders that fit the commodity restrictions, can they build stock units?
    • No dealer will have more 21MY allocation than orders.
  • Is there any benefit to converting a reservation to order earlier within the Jan 20th ā€“ Mar 19th period?
    • No. The customerā€™s reservation time stamp will stay attached to the order. The time stamp will help determine build priority. Converting a reservation earlier will not impact production timing.
  • Do reservations ever expire?
    • There is no expiration date for reservations at this time.
  • If a customer wants options that are late availability 21MY, should they convert their reservation to an order?
    • Yes. Converting reservations during the conversion window will ensure customers receive an estimated delivery window in May. It does not, however guarantee a 21MY Bronco
  • If a customer wants options that are not available until 22MY, should they still convert their reservation to an order between 1/20/2021 ā€“ 3/19/2021?
    • We recommend you capture their decision and let them know their reservation timestamp carries over to 22MY and you will contact them when the 22MY order bank opens. Details on 22MY ordering will be available this summer.
  • Will deferring a reservation to 22MY negatively impact a customerā€™s timestamp?
    • No. We will continue to utilize timestamps as a factor to determine when units will be built. Other factors include dealership allocation and order/package availability.
  • Will we be collecting dealer orders locally, similar to how we do specialties like Raptor and GT500?
    • We will be collecting Bronco First Editions (within dealer allocation) dealer orders. More details to come at future wholesales.
  • Did the 21MY allocation formula change?
    • The allocation formula is unchanged from what was communicated on the September 25 broadcast
  • When will Lease rates and residuals be available?
    • Rates will be available next Tuesday when order bank opens.
  • Are First Editions going to be built first?
    • First Editions will be built throughout 21MY production, e.g. some will want the black painted modular hard top which is late availability
  • Will Ford be doing any turn-key test drive events for dealers in Q2 prior to deliveries in Q3?
    • The recently announced Bronco FCTP program will serve as the primary program to provide reservation holders with test drives during the wait. Additionally, customers will be able to register and attend the Bronco Off-Roadeo driving school ahead of taking delivery of their Bronco.
Great info! I want my Bronco as soon as possible, but in my mind I am expecting spring of 22. If I can get it before then...great! But hopefully no later than that!

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Great info! I want my Bronco as soon as possible, but in my mind I am expecting spring of 22. If I can get it before then...great! But hopefully no later than that!
out of curiosity..when is your res?

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

December.

I get why a dealer may put someone to the front of the line. Sometimes it's just business. If a corporate fleet manager responsible for 10's or 100's of vehicle purchases wants a Bronco, they are going to get a Bronco. Business is business.

It sucks, and shouldn't be so. But it is what it is and it happens. It's not what you know, it's who you know. Most dealers here have vowed not to do it. But how would we even know if they did? We wouldn't, so don't worry about it.

Res #'s are for the rest of us nobodies. If me nobody has an earlier res # than you nobody, then I go first, after the fleet manager. :)
It's not that I'm worried about it. I'm really not. It's a non-issue for me.

I just don't like that Ford sent out this FAQ that says that timestamps determine your place in line when that isn't necessarily the case.

When it was first posted it seemed to clear up some questions but it seems it still doesn't give us the full picture.

Why is Ford telling us one thing and telling dealers another?

tenor.gif

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So with FE reservations, is there a list of options that will delay delivery besides the modular top?
Check the accessory list post. Items such as the tube doors and the Bimini top are listed as late availability. I asked my dealer to scrub my order for anything that may cause a delay so I can make those a parts dept. order.

oneshot

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

More answers in today's dealer email.

• If a customer converts an order based on the 21MY but gets pushed to 22MY, will they be able to resubmit or update an order for 22MY?
    • Yes. Orders can be updated until they are scheduled for production.
  • Should dealerships be converting as many Bronco reservations as they can during the conversion window?
    • Yes, except for those customers who want a 22MY Bronco. Converting will allow us to provide those customers with an estimated delivery window in May.
  • If a dealershipā€™s allocation exceeds their count of converted orders that fit the commodity restrictions, can they build stock units?
    • No dealer will have more 21MY allocation than orders.
  • Is there any benefit to converting a reservation to order earlier within the Jan 20th ā€“ Mar 19th period?
    • No. The customerā€™s reservation time stamp will stay attached to the order. The time stamp will help determine build priority. Converting a reservation earlier will not impact production timing.
  • Do reservations ever expire?
    • There is no expiration date for reservations at this time.
  • If a customer wants options that are late availability 21MY, should they convert their reservation to an order?
    • Yes. Converting reservations during the conversion window will ensure customers receive an estimated delivery window in May. It does not, however guarantee a 21MY Bronco
  • If a customer wants options that are not available until 22MY, should they still convert their reservation to an order between 1/20/2021 ā€“ 3/19/2021?
    • We recommend you capture their decision and let them know their reservation timestamp carries over to 22MY and you will contact them when the 22MY order bank opens. Details on 22MY ordering will be available this summer.
  • Will deferring a reservation to 22MY negatively impact a customerā€™s timestamp?
    • No. We will continue to utilize timestamps as a factor to determine when units will be built. Other factors include dealership allocation and order/package availability.
  • Will we be collecting dealer orders locally, similar to how we do specialties like Raptor and GT500?
    • We will be collecting Bronco First Editions (within dealer allocation) dealer orders. More details to come at future wholesales.
  • Did the 21MY allocation formula change?
    • The allocation formula is unchanged from what was communicated on the September 25 broadcast
  • When will Lease rates and residuals be available?
    • Rates will be available next Tuesday when order bank opens.
  • Are First Editions going to be built first?
    • First Editions will be built throughout 21MY production, e.g. some will want the black painted modular hard top which is late availability
  • Will Ford be doing any turn-key test drive events for dealers in Q2 prior to deliveries in Q3?
    • The recently announced Bronco FCTP program will serve as the primary program to provide reservation holders with test drives during the wait. Additionally, customers will be able to register and attend the Bronco Off-Roadeo driving school ahead of taking delivery of their Bronco.
Bring It , The Horse Is Getting Closer To The Barn .. Love It

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Raptor, ā€˜21 Macan S, ā€˜22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I have a 7/13 reservation for a FE and a 7/14 reservation for a WILDTRAK, different dealers for each. Since it appears from the information shared here the FE isnā€™t counted in the dealer allocation does that mean I could change dealers to match the WILDTRAK and not affect delivery timeline? Understanding that options could delay, still pisses me off, my build because heaven forbid Iā€™d like a Cyber orange and have an interior that doesnā€™t completely contrast.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey Nathan, what about this scenario?
Would an August res who placed an order in March 21 (and gets bumped to 2022) get priority over a July res who doesn't place an order until Fall 2021?

This item in the FAQ suggests 'no':

Sponsored

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is great! ...
Jorge is my dealer. I am flying to Texas from California to drive the Bronco home as an adventure.
What is the offer on the Bronco, curious as to what made you choose TB Ford ?

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I have a 7/13 reservation for a FE and a 7/14 reservation for a WILDTRAK, different dealers for each. Since it appears from the information shared here the FE isnā€™t counted in the dealer allocation does that mean I could change dealers to match the WILDTRAK and not affect delivery timeline? Understanding that options could delay, still pisses me off, my build because heaven forbid Iā€™d like a Cyber orange and have an interior that doesnā€™t completely contrast.
You can switch FE's and it shouldn't matter, FE's are a guaranteed allocation. They won't be built all at once, and some will be end of the year, so what date each dealer might get that FE allocation will vary, but you can't guess (nor can the dealer, its all luck) which one would get it first, switching might delay, might speed it up.

Hey Nathan, what about this scenario?
Would an August res who placed an order in March 21 (and gets bumped to 2022) get priority over a July res who doesn't place an order until Fall 2021?

This item in the FAQ suggests 'no':

I believe the timestamp will be the timestamp no matter if it rolled over or wasn't ordered until 22, same either way.

bpurtz

First Edition
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Rubi, Sierra Denali, Taco TRD Pro, 4Run LTD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The First Editions are left out. The allocation each dealership receives is based off of all reservations excluding FE. FE will be given to dealers on top of their regular allocation. It is not factored in.
As of 1/16, my dealer was allocated 26 non-FE and 2 FE. They weren't able to determine how many of the 138 reservations are for FE. I guess I'm hoping it's only 2.

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Raptor, ā€˜21 Macan S, ā€˜22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You can switch FE's and it shouldn't matter, FE's are a guaranteed allocation. They won't be built all at once, and some will be end of the year, so what date each dealer might get that FE allocation will vary, but you can't guess (nor can the dealer, its all luck) which one would get it first, switching might delay, might speed it up.

I believe the timestamp will be the timestamp no matter if it rolled over or wasn't ordered until 22, same either way.
Well living in the Tulsa area Stivers Ford in Montgomery holds my FE reservation. They seem to have zero clue as to whatā€™s actually going on and multiple inquiries only leave unanswered questions. This was the last response from them regarding my reservation,

ā€œI just spoke with the General Sales Manager. There is no numbered list yet. Your reservation number is where you are in line with Ford. Once the orders are placed (and we will start building next week) Ford will then have a list showing where you are as far as build and shipping. Once the build and price opens where we can place the order we will reach out to you to build your Bronco.ā€

My question still is how can they have no information on how many FE reservations they have at their dealership? Seems like that knowledge would be straight forward and easy to communicate.
Sponsored