Sponsored

January 2021 Reservation - Realistic Timing for Getting Bronco?

Creeker

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't reserve my Badlands SAS Bronco until 1/20/21 and then converted it to an order (priority code 10) on 3/10/21. Any insights on timing for when I may actually get my Bronco. I'm sure there are some of you out there with similar res/order timing that are curious. I know it's a tough question to answer given all of the issues and delays Ford has had (commodity issues, hardtop issues, etc). I know I'm definitely not getting a 2021 model but wondering if it will be delivered 2022 Q1, Q2, Q3 or Q4.....or further down the road....2023, 2024......haha. My dealership told me they received 285 original orders to date and have delivered approx 10 Broncos to customers so far. I know Ford is so front loaded with week 1 reservation holders that are the meat of the original order bank holders, but just trying to get a sense of timing for my order.

Reservation - 1/20/21
Converted to Order - 3/10/21 (priority code 10)

Badlands - 4 door
Carbonized Gray
Sasquatch
2.7L engine
MIC top
Leather power seats
High Package
Tow

Congrats to all of you early reservation holders that will be in your Broncos soon. I've got to wait longer than you but still happy that I got my build order in during the first round of available ordering (before the 3/19/21 deadline).
Sponsored

Last edited:

KSJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia,F250,Camry,Harley,Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know where your coming from....I'm right there with you. My Wildtrack was turned into an order in February. Still waiting. Ford is off and running though. Off like a herd of turtles. ;-)

OP
OP
Creeker

Creeker

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know where your coming from....I'm right there with you. My Wildtrack was turned into an order in February. Still waiting. Ford is off and running though. Off like a herd of turtles. ;-)
I originally ordered a black modular hard top but when they said it would get bumped to a 2023 I switched to the MIC top. Then I switched to a soft top w/hardtop prep kit hoping to get my Bronco earlier. But then I ultimately switched back to the MIC top because I truly want a hard top. Also, the unknown timing for ordering and receiving a hard top later (not with an original build) became concerning. Didn't want to wait 2-3 years for a special ordered hard top when they are already having issues fulfilling all of their regular build orders.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand where you're coming from. I'm a Grangtober reservation holder and hope that I get a MY2022, but there's no way to know for sure. FMC has some catching up to do and hope that they're able to work the supply chain issues out soon. One thing for sure, if you have a current or future anxiety issue, buy something else for now if you must and wait until supply meets demand. There's a lot of people that seem to be loosing their minds guessing and waiting.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Middle of next year is my best guess.

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved in July 14, 2020, ordered 1/27/2021.

No email / No VIN so I'm going to be 2022. What quarter? No one knows.

Stupidly optimistic: 3/2021

Likely: 7/2021

Pessimistic: After the OP...

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved in July 14, 2020, ordered 1/27/2021.

No email / No VIN so I'm going to be 2022. What quarter? No one knows.

Stupidly optimistic: 3/2021

Likely: 7/2021

Pessimistic: After the OP...
Where are you in line at your dealer, I don't think March is overly optimistic for you. I am a July 18th 2021 reservation and I am now ninth in line at my dealer, I would be surprised if I don't have mine by April or May next Spring. Whether we believe it or not, they will start pumping out 8000 of these things a month any day now and they will start flying in to our hands in the next 6-9 months. Stay positive. They better because I have about $3,500 in mods waiting for it :).

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where are you in line at your dealer, I don't think March is overly optimistic for you. I am a July 18th 2021 reservation and I am now ninth in line at my dealer, I would be surprised if I don't have mine by April or May next Spring. Whether we believe it or not, they will start pumping out 8000 of these things a month any day now and they will start flying in to our hands in the next 6-9 months. Stay positive. They better because I have about $3,500 in mods waiting for it :).
I dunno. They had 6 reservations that made it to order.

Initial was 18 but they only confirmed 18 so they lost 2/3rds so reduce to 6.

I highly doubt more than 1 person is before me on time stamp as this is a fleet dealer and not a standard car dealer.

About a month ago, they finally received their first customer order -which I think was their 'priority' allotment.

But lots of ifs and so many delays from Ford I don't expect 2022's to roll off the line en masse before March.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dunno. They had 6 reservations that made it to order.

Initial was 18 but they only confirmed 18 so they lost 2/3rds so reduce to 6.

I highly doubt more than 1 person is before me on time stamp as this is a fleet dealer and not a standard car dealer.

About a month ago, they finally received their first customer order -which I think was their 'priority' allotment.

But lots of ifs and so many delays from Ford I don't expect 2022's to roll off the line en masse before March.
I think we are due for some positive surprises/movement here pretty soon. At least I am hoping so. Hell, when I can order Mansquatch in three weeks that will help me weather the storm for another 6-9 months. I'm easy.
Sponsored