Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got it back yesterday with a fresh new alternator & belt. They would have had it done last week but the first replacement came in cracked. They had to order a second. Glad they noticed it. Soo happy with my dealer. They got me into a new loaner and got the Bronco worked in despite being booked out a few weeks for scheduled appointments.

It got rewarded yesterday with a Panda Motorworks BPV delete aka chair nubby, and a bath.

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony PXL_20221012_163249189
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Kicker CS Series 4" dash & 6.5" kick panel speakers w/pigtails & bass blocker, going in as soon as the 2nd pigtail arrives. Curious how much this will improve the sound.

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony PXL_20221029_191807364

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Swapped the 6.5s today. The supplied screws did not work with the Metra 82-5605 speaker bracket, so I had to find some at Lowes. If anyone is curious, #10 x 3/4" is the perfect size screw to mount the speaker to the Metra bracket.

I could definitely notice a bit more clarity though the difference is minimal. Still waiting for the 4" pigtail to arrive to put those in.

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony PXL_20221102_154658506

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Swapped the 6.5s today. The supplied screws did not work with the Metra 82-5605 speaker bracket, so I had to find some at Lowes. If anyone is curious, #10 x 3/4" is the perfect size screw to mount the speaker to the Metra bracket.

I could definitely notice a bit more clarity though the difference is minimal. Still waiting for the 4" pigtail to arrive to put those in.

PXL_20221102_154658506.jpg

Are you going to add any amps?

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are you going to add any amps?
I want to see where it's at once I add in the new 4s.... I'm also thinking about upgrading the rear 4s to 6.5s (that's why I didn't get replacements yet)... but most likely eyeballing a Kicker Key amp and likely the Hideaway sub as well. I think those will give me the sound I'm looking for on a reasonable budget, but Im not in a rush. See how each component improves it, etc.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dash 4s went in today. I went with 300 hz bass blockers, soldered w/ heat shrink. Sound is improved. They don't have that under water/muffled sound like the OE speakers. I notice an improvement, but the sound is still lacking a bit (I'm going to blame the lack of power to the rear pods & lack of overall bass). It's on the right track though.

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony PXL_20221105_185844711

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've fallen down the audio rabbit hole (I am no audiophile, but I really do dislike the stock system. For a nearly $50k well equipped Bronco, it's just not up to par). I want the sound that matches it's price point.

After installing the new speakers, It improved the highs/mids but still sounds really flat. I would even say noticeable bass lost from the kicks. That was a disappointment, I figured it would improve.. but after further digging found that the likely culprit is the factory head unit struggling to move the heavier magnets. Makes sense. Rather than back track and put OEM back in... I figured now what?

After LOTS of research and back and fourth, I ordered kit #15 from Plug & Play Kits with the Kicker Key Amp & Kicker Hideaway 8". I have two young children and this is the "family" car as well as my tinker toy, so I just want well rounded sound. Not looking to damage their ear drums, LOL!

I considered just getting the amp with the attachment to add the sub later but I feel like I will still be disappointed in the bass so said F it, lets just do it all now.

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

She was looking pretty 🥰

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony PXL_20221111_195524909-01-01

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Key is now installed. I do need to re-do the DSP and make a couple adjustments, but overall sound is highly improved. Will be installing the sub later today. The PlugNPlay kits harness makes install so much cleaner than I can imagine trying to accomplish without it. A must have.

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony PXL_20221117_000531147

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony PXL_20221116_234121666

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hideaway installed! Quite a project. Simple in nature, but all the trim panel clips, wire feeding & ziptying, leave you with some sore finger tips afterwards. I took my time, install is very clean. I just need to get some loom for this bit of exposed wire harness. I was so relieved to find a nice lil hidden spot to feed the wires underneath the rear side panel. I just mounted it here for now with the provided straps. It's actually quite sturdy. I was cold and ready to be done in the garage. I may alter it at some point.

HUGE sound improvement with the amp & sub, and I'm still lost in the sauce with the settings (where I want the gains, crossovers, etc).. but that can be slowly tweaked over time.

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony PXL_20221117_171750485

Last edited:

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hideaway installed! Quite a project. Simple in nature, but all the trim panel clips, wire feeding & ziptying, leave you with some sore finger tips afterwards. I took my time, install is very clean. I just need to get some loom for this bit of exposed wire harness. I was so relieved to find a nice lil hidden spot to feed the wires underneath the rear side panel. I just mounted it here for now with the provided straps. It's actually quite sturdy. I was cold and ready to be done in the garage. I may alter it at some point. My cargo organizer sits up against it there as well so it's nice and nestled in.

HUGE sound improvement with the amp & sub, and I'm still lost in the sauce with the settings (where I want the gains, crossovers, etc).. but that can be slowly tweaked over time.

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony PXL_20221117_171750485
Looks great! Kiddo is going to be bumping 😂

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Today marks 1 year since the day it was built! Happy Birthday Blu! I washed & detailed the inside & outside.

A few days ago I also decided to put on some tinted film over the side markers. I like it with the black grill.

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony PXL_20230111_204944778-01

Last edited:

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"She's a beaut Clark!" Your build is rolling proof that you can have it all; OBX with color matched fenders/mirrors/doors and still make it look like a beast with some new tires. Still waiting for mines...

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"She's a beaut Clark!" Your build is rolling proof that you can have it all; OBX with color matched fenders/mirrors/doors and still make it look like a beast with some new tires. Still waiting for mines...
New tires make all the difference. My friend has an OBX with a 3 or 4" lift on 37s, she takes it all over the place. The OBX is no nanny-car, unless you let it be, lol! In all seriousness I barely looked at other trims. I could go either way as far as the fender flares, but I hate the disruption of the body without color matched handles. Also the interior roast w/blue trim is *chefs kiss* especially with velocity blue. I couldn't not get that interior, haha. Good luck, hope you get yours soon!
Sponsored