Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

New tires make all the difference. My friend has an OBX with a 3 or 4" lift on 37s, she takes it all over the place. The OBX is no nanny-car, unless you let it be, lol! In all seriousness I barely looked at other trims. I could go either way as far as the fender flares, but I hate the disruption of the body without color matched handles. Also the interior roast w/blue trim is *chefs kiss* especially with velocity blue. I couldn't not get that interior, haha. Good luck, hope you get yours soon!

Agreed! I am shopping for some BD takeoff steelies, love the simple look of those wheels. Not sure what tires, but the standard grabbers don't look awful. I changed to roast leather when I changed to eruption green. I was between OBX and Badlands but decided I really didn't need all that underplating but wanted all the tech goodies.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agreed! I am shopping for some BD takeoff steelies, love the simple look of those wheels. Not sure what tires, but the standard grabbers don't look awful. I changed to roast leather when I changed to eruption green. I was between OBX and Badlands but decided I really didn't need all that underplating but wanted all the tech goodies.
Yeah that's' basically where I was at. My must haves were high package & the 2.7 engine. In a no-budget world I probably would have added sasquatch package, but one has to draw a budget somewhere. I also wasn't really sure I wanted the 35s either.. and definitely wasn't going to move a trim down to add it. I like performance (its a big change going from performance street cars to a 4x4 "truck") so I liked the idea of smaller tires maintaining the engine performance. I'm really happy with the 33s. I think when these wear out I will bump them up a little to a true 33 or 34 but I don't want to detract from performance too much, especially with the 3.73 gearing. That's what's nice about these though, so many options to adjust it for your needs/wants.

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No new mods but had another great beach day! Love the Fort Fisher 4x4 beach!

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony PXL_20230304_205816004-01

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great build journal. I just read through the whole thread. The audio system stuff inspired me. I'm going to get that going.

One thing I would warn you about is storing stuff in that little compartment in the floor of the rear area. If you ever end up getting rain in the car, that cubby collects water. Even with the rubber mat. This may never be an issue for you. But if you have the back windows out and you catch some rain, check that spot.

Fun build! Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great build journal. I just read through the whole thread. The audio system stuff inspired me. I'm going to get that going.

One thing I would warn you about is storing stuff in that little compartment in the floor of the rear area. If you ever end up getting rain in the car, that cubby collects water. Even with the rubber mat. This may never be an issue for you. But if you have the back windows out and you catch some rain, check that spot.

Fun build! Thanks for sharing.
Good point! I'm pretty careful about that but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I get caught in the rain topless 😂

Thanks so much for taking the time! I have fun keeping a log like this and occasionally enjoy looking back at the "journey". I appreciate the kind words and am so glad you found some inspiration! I spent a lot of time reading on here before deciding my audio route. I read through the long "do this first" amp thread, two times! 😂 There is a lot of good info available on the forum to help you decide on what and how to accomplish it!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wasn't loving the white letters showing through on the grill, so I removed the vinyl & got some black letter caps to go over them. I am undecided on re-adding blue vinyl to the black letters. I like the contrast and ease of reading "Bronco" but I'm also kinda liking the look as-is.

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony PXL_20230310_201230265-01-01

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

^ Looks pretty badass as is!

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wasn't loving the white letters showing through on the grill, so I removed the vinyl & got some black letter caps to go over them. I am undecided on re-adding blue vinyl to the black letters. I like the contrast and ease of reading "Bronco" but I'm also kinda liking the look as-is.

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony PXL_20230310_201230265-01-01
I like the way this turned out! I have been wanting to color match my white bronco lettering to the matt gray badlands grill.

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Recieved my Trickflate air compressor today. I went back and fourth on a bunch of options and weighed my potential usage vs cost, etc.. and decided to give this one a try. Going to be working up a dual or quad hose setup for it.

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony PXL_20230321_194855112

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PXL_20230310_201230265-01-01.jpeg
Something Something ... only real Broncos have the black lettering!! Lol
Looks great!

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony 20220227_142250

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Decided to try out these BB/OBX grill inserts to tidy up the grill openings a bit. I think I like them. They are gloss black ABS plastic, and match the OBX grill perfectly.

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony PXL_20230501_155015492~2-01

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony PXL_20230501_155001890~3-01~2

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Picked up a set of OEM/Badlands steel skids (bash plate, engine, Tcase & SBD) from a local Bronco owner/forum member. Latest trip off-road to Uwharrie on the more rocky terrain motivated me to take the next step of protection.

I would still like to source an OEM fuel tank skid and then pick up some rear shock skids & one for the rear diff. Overall, happy to start getting some protection under there. No more nakey Outerbanks.

The front bash plate will likely take some modification to fit. Planning to notch it, to fit my recovery brackets. Seems it's only been done a few times, and people did it a few different ways.

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony PXL_20230803_223802596

And a pic with some friends up at Uwharrie for my first outing out there.

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony 362896743_10225914645345029_5863496936297412468_n

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Notched out the front bash plate today. Went pretty smooth overall.

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony PXL_20230804_192848993

Steel plates mounted on the plastic bumper fit pretty darn good. The gap is small enough that it's hardly noticeable. The view with this photo is lower than you would normally look at the vehicle.

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony PXL_20230805_185759993-01

I still need to mount the SBD & transfer case skid plate. It appears I need some u-nuts for the frame rail for the Tcase skid to install. Just ordered those from Ruxer Parts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Finally an excuse to put my Aux switches to use!

Went with RC Black series. I like the look and the features they offered. I wanted a round spot with amber backlighting.

OBXBRONCO

Wildtrak
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Had our first true maiden voyage on the trails. Wish we got more pics but the horseflies were out in full force due to a controlled burn nearby (literally right next to the trail for a portion of it) so our lead didn't get out as much as he normally does. Mostly a pretty easy trail. A couple slightly sketchy spots, some tight trees through a very rough trail we looped around on. Lots of loose sand, and some mud puddles. Good trail to get my feet wet and feel it out a bit though.

It did great in rwd most of the time, had to use 4h through some of the deeper sand and puddles and a few of the more technical spots but the Outerbanks tires did just fine! I would have felt more comfortable with more clearance for a few of the spots I went around but not a bad time!

Quick photo at the lake afterwards.

Live in NC too. Curious where this is located.
Sponsored