Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

(Progress follows on subsequent posts)

I have had my Bronco 1 week & just about 400 miles now, so I figured I would go ahead and make a build thread. I will mostly be doing subtle changes, nothing too crazy, but I enjoy having a place to track progress, as someone who has been working on/modding cars for almost 20 years now.

The Blue Pony, as I have been calling it, is a 22 Outer Banks w/ 2.7 engine, high package, roast cloth interior & aux switches. I opted for the standard selectable 4wd system. This build best fits my uses, primarily pavement with the occasional mild-moderate trail, the standard 4wd system should be more than adequate.

Production line photo. So grateful to be one to receive one of these.

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony FordPhoto

First weekend home! Took delivery before they even had a chance to clean her. She had barely been touched. I appreciated being able to pull off all the plastic, etc myself. The dealer was great at respecting my wishes!

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony 272872541_10158329907411160_5254523534724838057_n

Brought her back to the dealer to get a 3 year Ford Surface Protect nano coating applied which was included with the vehicle purchase. Super shiney now.

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony 20220209_120811

First mods:

3" stubby antenna. I never use Am/FM radio so I wanted to get rid of the more intrusive one.

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony 20220209_111237

Ford overlay from StickerFab which matches better.

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony 20220209_111248

I installed the Ford accessory rocker panel trail armor to protect & cover the unsightly pinch welds. SO happy with the improvement here.

Before:
Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony 20220209_102437

After:

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony 20220209_111732

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony 20220209_111921

These were simple to install. I removed the side steps and prepped with provided wipes. One tiny screw on the rear fender well liner/splash guard component needs to screw threw the trail armor, I just created a small pilot hole with a little pokey tool I have and It went right in and came together perfectly. These should have come on the car from factory - but thank you Ford Pass Points for paying for most of it, lol.

I have a few more components to install, mostly PPF currently (door sill protectors, 12" matte screen protector, roll bar PPF) etc..

33" A/T tires were on my radar but seeing the warranty denials for tire upsizing & even leveling lifts, I have put it on hold for now. I want to make sure there are no factory defects and any kinks are worked out in the mean time.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco/22 Escape/01 Softail/90 Bronco (former)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vaaaaary nice and congrats!

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As a graphic designer, with a vinyl cutter - I decided to try my hand at measuring out/cutting the Bronco text for a dash overlay. Why buy when I have the ability to do it myself. I got a few blues, both matte & gloss, and settled on a matte blue that looks like a perfect Grabber Blue match. I might do a steering wheel overlay for the indentation between bottom steering wheel spokes, just haven’t decided what, otherwise I don’t intend to add much more for interior color accents.

Also installed the matte screen protector from Stickerfab. It's perfect. No more finger prints & doesn't obscure the screen or affect usage/sensitivity at all.

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony E84679A0-3A0D-4F54-8D7F-781249E88177

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony C8FBC284-5911-4050-9BBF-4A74E955F1AB

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Love seeing this, first OBX I’ve seen with the roast cloth and velocity blue with the grabber blue accents. Exactly how I ordered mine, hopefully built next month. Also soft top, high package and aux switches, but with SAS and modular bumper cuz I’m out west and do get out in the bumpy stuff! I’ll be watching what you do with it.

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Love seeing this, first OBX I’ve seen with the roast cloth and velocity blue with the grabber blue accents. Exactly how I ordered mine, hopefully built next month. Also soft top, high package and aux switches, but with SAS and modular bumper cuz I’m out west and do get out in the bumpy stuff! I’ll be watching what you do with it.
Thank you!

It is the best combo! You are going to love it.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Keep it up, Jessica...your Bronco looks great!

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have had my Bronco 1 week & just about 400 miles now, so I figured I would go ahead and make a build thread. I will mostly be doing subtle changes, nothing too crazy, but I enjoy having a place to track progress, as someone who has been working on/modding cars for almost 20 years now.

The Blue Pony, as I have been calling it, is a 22 Outer Banks w/ 2.7 engine, high package, roast cloth interior & aux switches. I opted for the standard selectable 4wd system. This build best fits my uses, primarily pavement with the occasional mild-moderate trail, the standard 4wd system should be more than adequate.

Production line photo. So grateful to be one to receive one of these.

First weekend home! Took delivery before they even had a chance to clean her. She had barely been touched. I appreciated being able to pull off all the plastic, etc myself. The dealer was great at respecting my wishes!

Brought her back to the dealer to get a 3 year Ford Surface Protect nano coating applied which was included with the vehicle purchase. Super shiney now.

First mods:

3" stubby antenna. I never use Am/FM radio so I wanted to get rid of the more intrusive one.

Ford overlay from StickerFab which matches better.

I installed the Ford accessory rocker panel trail armor to protect & cover the unsightly pinch welds. SO happy with the improvement here.

Before:

After:

These were simple to install. I removed the side steps and prepped with provided wipes. One tiny screw on the rear fender well liner/splash guard component needs to screw threw the trail armor, I just created a small pilot hole with a little pokey tool I have and It went right in and came together perfectly. These should have come on the car from factory - but thank you Ford Pass Points for paying for most of it, lol.

I have a few more components to install, mostly PPF currently (door sill protectors, 12" matte screen protector, roll bar PPF) etc..

33" A/T tires were on my radar but seeing the warranty denials for tire upsizing & even leveling lifts, I have put it on hold for now. I want to make sure there are no factory defects and any kinks are worked out in the mean time.
how hard was the sticker fab overlay to install? Can an idiot do it? (Like myself)

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking great! Looking forward to what’s next…..

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

how hard was the sticker fab overlay to install? Can an idiot do it? (Like myself)
As I said- my dash overlay is not stickerfab, it was one I drew up & cut myself. It was however, very easy to install :)

UNLESS you mean the exterior Ford emblem - in that case, it was Stickerfab. It was okay, definitely use the wet method to install. It was a little more of a pain than others I have done due to the curvature of the Ford emblem. I felt like the gloss black wasn't as forgiving/stretchy but I did end up getting it right, lol.

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As I said- my dash overlay is not stickerfab, it was one I drew up & cut myself. It was however, very easy to install :)

UNLESS you mean the exterior Ford emblem - in that case, it was Stickerfab. It was okay, definitely use the wet method to install. It was a little more of a pain than others I have done due to the curvature of the Ford emblem. I felt like the gloss black wasn't as forgiving/stretchy but I did end up getting it right, lol.
yeah I meant the ford emblem, my bad. I’m gonna order one and give it a try! Thanks 😊

mjrcu

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ll be watching your build journey simply to figure out if you find a mud flap solution at any point (that is if you are looking for one)

also have a non-sas OBX and it’s driving me crazy

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ll be watching your build journey simply to figure out if you find a mud flap solution at any point (that is if you are looking for one)

also have a non-sas OBX and it’s driving me crazy
I am actually waiting to see what RokBlokz releases. Should be within a few weeks. We'll see!

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nothing too crazy today, but installed Stickerfab Rock Guard clear PPF on all 4 door sills & IAG roll bar PPF on each of the roll bars. I can see why people scratch up the roll bars because the soft top is heavy and it's a struggle if you are petite like me. I can't wait until my pre-order for the IAG soft top lift assist shocks come in. I need all the help I can get! Lol!

Front door sill PPF
Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony 20220221_125703

Rear door sill PPF
Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony 20220221_125713

Roll bar PPF
Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony 20220221_125652

First time all the way topless!
Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony 20220221_125538

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony 20220221_125623
Sponsored