Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I recieved the first round of the IAG EZ Lift soft top assist struts last week and installed them. I have not yet tested them with lifting the top from the furthest down position... But much more useful now not needing the prop rod for the back access.

They do stress the side windows a bit more, so that is a concern I'm watching. They lift it slightly higher than stock so it creases the windows a bit more. Fortunately you don't really lift the top up like this for long periods so I'm hoping it won't present an issue. Something to be aware of though.

Not exciting but also installed 5 wheel locks. The rear 5th wheel especially is an easy target so definitely good to atleast put one in there!

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony 20220315_124313

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony 20220315_124354
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ordered some Rokblokz mud flaps - will post pics & fitment with the oem side steps once they arrive in a few weeks (looks like lead times are 2-4 weeks, so it will be a bit still).

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have had my Bronco 1 week & just about 400 miles now, so I figured I would go ahead and make a build thread. I will mostly be doing subtle changes, nothing too crazy, but I enjoy having a place to track progress, as someone who has been working on/modding cars for almost 20 years now.

The Blue Pony, as I have been calling it, is a 22 Outer Banks w/ 2.7 engine, high package, roast cloth interior & aux switches. I opted for the standard selectable 4wd system. This build best fits my uses, primarily pavement with the occasional mild-moderate trail, the standard 4wd system should be more than adequate.

Production line photo. So grateful to be one to receive one of these.

FordPhoto.jpg

First weekend home! Took delivery before they even had a chance to clean her. She had barely been touched. I appreciated being able to pull off all the plastic, etc myself. The dealer was great at respecting my wishes!

272872541_10158329907411160_5254523534724838057_n.jpg

Brought her back to the dealer to get a 3 year Ford Surface Protect nano coating applied which was included with the vehicle purchase. Super shiney now.

20220209_120811.jpg

First mods:

3" stubby antenna. I never use Am/FM radio so I wanted to get rid of the more intrusive one.

20220209_111237.jpg

Ford overlay from StickerFab which matches better.

20220209_111248.jpg

I installed the Ford accessory rocker panel trail armor to protect & cover the unsightly pinch welds. SO happy with the improvement here.

Before:
20220209_102437.jpg

After:

20220209_111732.jpg

20220209_111921.jpg

These were simple to install. I removed the side steps and prepped with provided wipes. One tiny screw on the rear fender well liner/splash guard component needs to screw threw the trail armor, I just created a small pilot hole with a little pokey tool I have and It went right in and came together perfectly. These should have come on the car from factory - but thank you Ford Pass Points for paying for most of it, lol.

I have a few more components to install, mostly PPF currently (door sill protectors, 12" matte screen protector, roll bar PPF) etc..

33" A/T tires were on my radar but seeing the warranty denials for tire upsizing & even leveling lifts, I have put it on hold for now. I want to make sure there are no factory defects and any kinks are worked out in the mean time.
Love it. Almost my exact build.

I ordered Oxford White, but I still love Velocity Blue the best.

If you do a 2" lift, you can easily support 295/70/18 tires (34.2") BTW. Just saying ...

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Love it.

I ordered Oxford White, but I still love Velocity Blue the best.

If you do a 2" lift, you can easily support 295/70/18 tires (34.2") BTW. Just saying ...
Tires are definitely in the future - I'm just not in any rush. A combination of reasons. Right now I don't want to sacrifice any warranty issues (especially while factory issues are still being ironed out & breaking it in, etc). I have seen people get what should be warranty work, turned down over as little as a leveling lift or tire upsize. This is my first new car with a complete warranty so I want to take advantage of that for a little bit, lol.

Also, gas prices right now. These Bridgestones are mini-van-ish but I am getting 20.5 MPG city and I can get 24.5 highway on road trip with my 2.7.... and the 32's do look "okay" in person but I agree. I have a little sad when I look at them.

Lobber

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered some Rokblokz mud flaps - will post pics & fitment with the oem side steps once they arrive in a few weeks (looks like lead times are 2-4 weeks, so it will be a bit still).
I just check their website and is still says "coming soon" for the Bronco how did you get an order in?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just check their website and is still says "coming soon" for the Bronco how did you get an order in?
If you signed up on their waitlist previously, they sent purchase links to the wait list first.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tires are definitely in the future - I'm just not in any rush. A combination of reasons. Right now I don't want to sacrifice any warranty issues (especially while factory issues are still being ironed out & breaking it in, etc). I have seen people get what should be warranty work, turned down over as little as a leveling lift or tire upsize. This is my first new car with a complete warranty so I want to take advantage of that for a little bit, lol.

Also, gas prices right now. These Bridgestones are mini-van-ish but I am getting 20.5 MPG city and I can get 24.5 highway on road trip with my 2.7.... and the 32's do look "okay" in person but I agree. I have a little sad when I look at them.

What are your tires on yours? I’m sure I messed up my MPG by going slightly bigger tires.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What are your tires on yours? I’m sure I messed up my MPG by going slightly bigger tires.
Just the standard Bridgestone Duelers (255/70R18 All-Terrain A/T 32”).

Not much new to note. Received & installed the IAG EZ Lift bracket version 2. Still waiting on my RokBlokz to ship.

New camera/phone so new pictures :p

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony PXL_20220406_201000039.PORTRAIT-01

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony PXL_20220406_200934687~2-01

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking good!

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Minivan tires can play in the mud too!

Ford Bronco Jazer's Blu Pony PXL_20220411_224955119-01

Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Minivan tires can play in the mud too!

My velocity blue OBX SAS with modular bumper and soft top is on the train and here in weeks! Have the redline hood struts, IAG soft top struts, sticker fab BRONCO inlays in blue, Baja fog lamps, a Gearshade top and some other goodies already waiting. I’ve seen a few more with VB and roast cloth and IMO nothing beats the combo!

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My velocity blue OBX SAS with modular bumper and soft top is on the train and here in weeks! Have the redline hood struts, IAG soft top struts, sticker fab BRONCO inlays in blue, Baja fog lamps, a Gearshade top and some other goodies already waiting. I’ve seen a few more with VB and roast cloth and IMO nothing beats the combo!
It's the best combo. You are going to love it! :D

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you try any of the goat modes? ...or even need 4x4?
Yeah I needed 4x4 to get out of the mud hole where I went in - but I wasn't trying to get myself stuck out there by myself. I was just scouting out areas in town I might be able to go in the future.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have had my Bronco 1 week & just about 400 miles now, so I figured I would go ahead and make a build thread. I will mostly be doing subtle changes, nothing too crazy, but I enjoy having a place to track progress, as someone who has been working on/modding cars for almost 20 years now.

The Blue Pony, as I have been calling it, is a 22 Outer Banks w/ 2.7 engine, high package, roast cloth interior & aux switches. I opted for the standard selectable 4wd system. This build best fits my uses, primarily pavement with the occasional mild-moderate trail, the standard 4wd system should be more than adequate.

Production line photo. So grateful to be one to receive one of these.

First weekend home! Took delivery before they even had a chance to clean her. She had barely been touched. I appreciated being able to pull off all the plastic, etc myself. The dealer was great at respecting my wishes!

Brought her back to the dealer to get a 3 year Ford Surface Protect nano coating applied which was included with the vehicle purchase. Super shiney now.

First mods:

3" stubby antenna. I never use Am/FM radio so I wanted to get rid of the more intrusive one.

Ford overlay from StickerFab which matches better.

I installed the Ford accessory rocker panel trail armor to protect & cover the unsightly pinch welds. SO happy with the improvement here.

Before:

After:

These were simple to install. I removed the side steps and prepped with provided wipes. One tiny screw on the rear fender well liner/splash guard component needs to screw threw the trail armor, I just created a small pilot hole with a little pokey tool I have and It went right in and came together perfectly. These should have come on the car from factory - but thank you Ford Pass Points for paying for most of it, lol.

I have a few more components to install, mostly PPF currently (door sill protectors, 12" matte screen protector, roll bar PPF) etc..

33" A/T tires were on my radar but seeing the warranty denials for tire upsizing & even leveling lifts, I have put it on hold for now. I want to make sure there are no factory defects and any kinks are worked out in the mean time.
Blue Pony is a fine name. I have the same color in a two-door and had initiallly planned all kinds of wraps, stripes, line-x, but am just happy with the way she looks. I did upgrade my wheels, but nothing ridiculous. Just wanted the snow capable tires. Looks sweet!
Sponsored