Sponsored

*** REVISED - WARNING***JB4 Tune from Lethal Performance Review on Bronco 2-Door WT 2.7L

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Copied from last post:

****I am withdrawing my review of this tuner. I’ve bought many aftermarket parts for my Bronco without issues and this has turned out to be a disaster!! JBM has the worst service I’ve experienced ever!!

My tuner will not connect to blue tooth even though I’ve done everything by the book. Now thru snail email (JBM doesn’t have a damn phone number)!!! WTF…!!! They send me a Bluetooth dongle. So I go to replace the one that’s on it, only to be met with a stripped cheap screw(1 of 4). So back to snail email, sending a picture in. Their solution, take the unit off the Bronco and mail it back to them (my postage) and wait till they drill the screw out and ship it back. Are you Fing kidding me!??? Beware of dealing with these guys! ****

I owe it to this community to give a review of the tune I chose. I looked at all of the ones available now and read everything I could and decided to go for the JB4 from Burger Motorsports thru Lethal Performance, and it is important to note Lethal Performance's role in this.

The tune came fast and easy. I bought the unit along with the Bluetooth attachment. Installation is easy but Burgers service sucks! They still haven't helped me and actually gave me the wrong info. Not a good start.

Once I thought it was installed (was told it was super easy), it threw a bunch of codes, check engine, and bad performance. I thought it was gas. Nope...

Joe from Lethal stepped in and immediately asked for pics of the install, finding the issue that I had. I am a normal guy. I love my Bronco. I'm not a mechanic but am mechanically inclined and not an idiot. In other words, I am quite capable. Joe instructed me that the factory plugs that you take out, needed to be installed into the 2nd plug from the new harness. Duh, and would have been big DUH, but Burger told me they are not needed and just to tie them off close by. NOT True! They have to be plugged in.

Immediately, this fixed all issues. I was able to connect to the app and my bronco started perfectly, with ZERO check engine or lights. It was perfect. So I said, Thanks Joe, I'm gonna go test it out.

Holy Bucking Bronco! I have only had it in Map 1... This is a new Bronco. In fact, it blew me away, and I have owned 2 Audi R8's, currently own an S6, and love speed. This Bronco came alive. No longer do you have the thought in the back of your mind, trying to convince yourself that it has enough power... It has power to spare and the strangest part is that it sounds like it has a new exhaust. Not loud, but burley nonetheless.

So, the last word is BUY the JB4! But buy it from Lethal Performance and use them for any questions. The install is easy. The results are ridiculous!

Next stop, a new exhaust and a bunch of @EIGHTLUG 's new products. Thank You @LethalPerformance

https://www.lethalperformance.com/burger-motorsports-jb4-tuner-2021-ford-bronco-bronco-sport.html

View attachment 246150
Sponsored

Last edited:

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the review - sounds intriguing. Can anyone who has experience with this type of tuner explain why this is better/worse/different than the Ford Factory tune?

I will have 2.3 MT soon - hopefully - and I will def be in the market for a tune and I want to better understand the ins and outs of all options.

Appreciate the insights!!

Tyler@Lethal

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lightning 2021 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I owe it to this community to give a review of the tune I chose. I looked at all of the ones available now and read everything I could and decided to go for the JB4 from Burger Motorsports thru Lethal Performance, and it is important to note Lethal Performance's role in this.

The tune came fast and easy. I bought the unit along with the Bluetooth attachment. Installation is easy but Burgers service sucks! They still haven't helped me and actually gave me the wrong info. Not a good start.

Once I thought it was installed (was told it was super easy), it threw a bunch of codes, check engine, and bad performance. I thought it was gas. Nope...

Joe from Lethal stepped in and immediately asked for pics of the install, finding the issue that I had. I am a normal guy. I love my Bronco. I'm not a mechanic but am mechanically inclined and not an idiot. In other words, I am quite capable. Joe instructed me that the factory plugs that you take out, needed to be installed into the 2nd plug from the new harness. Duh, and would have been big DUH, but Burger told me they are not needed and just to tie them off close by. NOT True! They have to be plugged in.

Immediately, this fixed all issues. I was able to connect to the app and my bronco started perfectly, with ZERO check engine or lights. It was perfect. So I said, Thanks Joe, I'm gonna go test it out.

Holy Bucking Bronco! I have only had it in Map 1... This is a new Bronco. In fact, it blew me away, and I have owned 2 Audi R8's, currently own an S6, and love speed. This Bronco came alive. No longer do you have the thought in the back of your mind, trying to convince yourself that it has enough power... It has power to spare and the strangest part is that it sounds like it has a new exhaust. Not loud, but burley nonetheless.

So, the last word is BUY the JB4! But buy it from Lethal Performance and use them for any questions. The install is easy. The results are ridiculous!

Next stop, a new exhaust and a bunch of @EIGHTLUG 's new products. Thank You @LethalPerformance

https://www.lethalperformance.com/burger-motorsports-jb4-tuner-2021-ford-bronco-bronco-sport.html

View attachment 246150
Thank you so much for this write up! always happy to help and we greatly appreciate your business with us and hope we can continue providing excellent customer service for you and the rest of this community for years to come. again, Thanks a lot!

#TeamLethal

Logan@Lethal

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for your shared experience and review @cf_davey! Joe here is the man with the plan! I'm glad he could get everything sorted for you! We appreciate your support and hope to have you as a lifetime customer! Enjoy that new bucking Bronco!

Andrew@Lethal

Sponsored

lethaljake

First Edition
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

View attachment 246150

Hey there! I wanna start off by thanking you so much for taking the time to share both your experience and putting out an amazing review for the product! It's not often we see this, so wanted to sincerely thank you so much for the kind words. Joe is a great asset to the team here, so we're really glad his willingness to help and dedication was able to get you taken care of! Thanks again and it goes without saying, but feel free to reach out anytime and we're always willing to help!

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very nice 👍 coincidentally I’ve been looking at the new G8x M3/m4 and the JB4 has always been really popular with turbo BMWs. Piggy back that adds like 100+ HP with no other mods? Hell yeah

OP
OP
cf_davey

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Very nice 👍 coincidentally I’ve been looking at the new G8x M3/m4 and the JB4 has always been really popular with turbo BMWs. Piggy back that adds like 100+ HP with no other mods? Hell yeah
I'm going to do the same with my S6. It's already fast but dang... can't imagine that boost. If it makes this big an impact for the Bronco...

@lethaljake I do need a tune for my new Powerboost. Quickest 1/2 ton stock truck around but I am jealous of the ecoboosted F150's, especially hearing people getting great gas mileage. I long for that..

Last edited:

lethaljake

First Edition
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm going to do the same with my S6. It's already fast but dang... can't imagine that boost. If it makes this big an impact for the Bronco...

@lethaljake I do need a tune for my new Powerboost. Quickest 1/2 ton stock truck around but I am jealous of the ecoboosted F150's, especially hearing people getting great as mileage. I long for that..
I know! I was wondering the same thing.. hopefully soon!

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the review - sounds intriguing. Can anyone who has experience with this type of tuner explain why this is better/worse/different than the Ford Factory tune?

I will have 2.3 MT soon - hopefully - and I will def be in the market for a tune and I want to better understand the ins and outs of all options.

Appreciate the insights!!
Ford tune will offer a warranty and I believe it’s an actual reflash rather than a piggy back like the JB4.

if you’re risk adverse definitely go with Ford although JB4 has a great reputation

Sponsored
OP
OP
cf_davey

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford tune will offer a warranty and I believe it’s an actual reflash rather than a piggy back like the JB4.

if you’re risk adverse definitely go with Ford although JB4 has a great reputation
My dealer is very aggressive with aftermarket but regardless, I can delete this in 10 minutes and back to factory. So, non-issue to me.

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer is very aggressive with aftermarket but regardless, I can delete this in 10 minutes and back to factory. So, non-issue to me.
Anyone have real world insights regarding Ford tune vs JB4? Maybe some specifics like what HP and TQ curves look like? Wondering if one has greater peak numbers but does the other offer 'more area under the curve' and thus better real driveabiity? Etc and so on blah, blah, blah...

pfbz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Turbo, 991 Turbo S, 996 turbo, Q5 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've used JB4 systems on other platforms and have been happy with the results... It is also nice that it leaves zero 'breadcrumbs' on the stock ECU and can be removed fairly quickly.

Do they not have any install guide for the Bronco yet? Every one i've seen installs in a similar fashion... You unplug a stock male connector, and insert the matching JB4 male connector where you unplugged, and put the stock male plug into the female on the JB4 harness. Typically in two locations...

Shocking that whomever you talked with at JB4 didn't properly convey that basic info?

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Really interested in some track numbers stock and stock sport mode, Sasquatch vs. the same beast with the JB4 and Whipple filter and intercooler regular and sport mode. Do it!

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you for the review. Ordered today from Lethal Performance. Can't wait more power oh ya.
Ford Bronco *** REVISED - WARNING***JB4 Tune from Lethal Performance Review on Bronco 2-Door WT 2.7L 20220111_111951 - Copy
Sponsored