First Name
Navin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just noticed on Burger Motorsports' website that they list the JB4 now available for the Bronco and is ready to ship. Does anyone have any feedback on their tune for the Bronco or the 2.7ltr engine? Really keen on pulling the trigger for them since they are able to ship immediately and no waiting period.
Sponsored

87gpe

First Edition
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe, Supra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This isn’t a true tune. It’s a piggyback that tricks the computer by modifying sensor readings to push more boost. If you’re going to tune and the ECU allows for it, do an actual tune. The JB4 is nice for my untuneable Supra.

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not ready to install a tune or piggy back on my 2.7L yet. The engine is a known commodity- but I'd like to give it a few months to see how things shake out with the transmission limitations etc.

However I did run a JB4 Beta on a 2016 VW Golf R for just shy of 90k miles. I had no issues at all. Performance gains were quite noticeable with no change in mileage or drivability. The availability of support through BMS and George on the forums was excellent, the firmware updates came in with good frequency. The only thing that was a pain was access to some of the sensor locations and running the CAN BUS to the OBD port. Access on the Bronco, at least under the engine is a lot easier, I need to look at the install manual and see where all the sensors are on the Ford.

But overall my experience with the JB4 was extremely positive- I had originally went with the JB4 because I didn't want a permanent tune and liked the idea that it should be warranty friendly if removed for service

87gpe

First Edition
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe, Supra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yep, the ECUs are locked for cars built after June 2020.

The current method to do anything is either a piggyback like jb4 or ship your ecu to Russia so they can read it and someone can create a clone of it on an ecu without the encryption.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have this installed for over 1000 miles. Works well and noticeable power increases. Will try 100 octane soon and map 4 or 5 and report back. After doing tons of reading and research, these guys are the best at these piggyback tuners and the first to build them for the bronco (this is because they already build them for the f-150) The other guys are copy cats or just make arrangements and rebadge the same product. Read up b4 you buy folks.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have this installed for over 1000 miles. Works well and noticeable power increases. Will try 100 octane soon and map 4 or 5 and report back. After doing tons of reading and research, these guys are the best at these piggyback tuners and the first to build them for the bronco (this is because they already build them for the f-150) The other guys are copy cats or just make arrangements and rebadge the same product. Read up b4 you buy folks.

Isn’t this just a carry over from the Ranger and F150? At least that’s what the Dyno graphs show. Have they taken the 10R60 into consideration? Big fan of JB4 but it appears to be a rush job
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.