Sponsored

JB4 vs Ford Performance Tune for 2.3L Bronco ?

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will probably go with the FP tune for a couple of years, under warranty and see what happens with tuning on these with downpipes, intercoolers, injectors, E85, etc. I think + 80-100 whp and Torque would be nice đź‘Ť on stock turbo.

I was waiting on Cobb as well, having used their accessports, etc on my turbo Subarus For like 15 years. A lot of these aftermarket companies have been beat up by emissions restrictions and no longer offer the wide range of parts or tuning that they once did. Cobb got rid of Flexfuel kits for Subarus and not making downpipes for newer Models.
Agreed on all counts. My same thoughts associated with aftermarket development. Same reason I'm going with Bilstein 5100 now.
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Is/will the JB4 be compatible with vehicles that have the Ford perf calibration? I already have the JB4 (thanks lethal), but interested in the rev matching with the Ford performance tune. Also curious if the JB4 will eventually be updated to work better with the expanded factory parameters.
I really don't know about that one nor do I think Ford Performance will give any official response to that as well. My personal recommendation would be to run one or the other. Not both stacked.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks!

jimwalston

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition 2017 STI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just purchased the AFE Scorcher GT Power Module. It's on sale right now but just found out it's on backorder for a month. You can use it with any octane but I would assume it works better with 93.
I've used Cobb in the past on my Subaru's but it's not available yet for the Broncos.

https://afepower.com/afe-power-77-43046-scorcher-gt-power-module

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After installing the ford module, the new transmission shift points on the auto alone makes it feel like a different vehicle. i'd recommend for the smoothness provided alone vs stock setup. Also super easy to adjust speedometer for a different wheel/tire combo.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
After installing the ford module, the new transmission shift points on the auto alone makes it feel like a different vehicle. i'd recommend for the smoothness provided alone vs stock setup. Also super easy to adjust speedometer for a different wheel/tire combo.
Awesome feedback! We're starting to see a bunch of good reviews now that the software update is available our customers are able to flash their vehicles.

Sponsored

GypsyDRB

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can anyone confirm that the rev match feature can be turned off for those of us who know how and prefer to do it ourselves?
Yes, you can turn it on or off. There’s a short button, brake pedal sequence for turning it on and off. You don’t need the procal connected to the car to do it either. Detailed Instruction sheet for this comes with it.

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
From personal experience I wouldn’t trust a piggy back system. There is so many parameters the ecu monitors that a custom tune can only be done or the Ford performance tune. People say they don’t care if it voids their warranty but a month later when they drop a piston they blame the vehicle for being a POS
Sponsored