Sponsored

JBL Sound Bar accessory review / impressions?

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ok so now that the typical internet right vs wrong debate is over has anyone actually used this thing? Preferably a user review with the B&O system.

Also it appears this can be hard wired either via RCA Preouts from the head unit or via bare wire connectors.

https://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20190206153800/Manuals/109/1094100BLK.PDF
The speaker connects to the vehicles stereo via Bluetooth. After it’s installed, the service department has to flash the stereo system so that it recognizes the speaker and amplifies the sound. Not sure if it can be hardwired.
Sponsored

B33001

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, I was correct. Notice the original post is from July 5th. At the time this thread was posted, the sound bar wasn’t available yet. The JBL Sound Bar was made recently available from Ford Accessories (about a week ago). So yes, it should now only take a couple days once ordered.
Yes I see I also ordered my stuff July 6th so?

1IH

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe MaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The speaker connects to the vehicles stereo via Bluetooth. After it’s installed, the service department has to flash the stereo system so that it recognizes the speaker and amplifies the sound. Not sure if it can be hardwired.
It can be hard wired, it comes with the hardware to do it and the owners manual shows the process.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It can be hard wired, it comes with the hardware to do it and the owners manual shows the process.
Where’s the owners manual for it? I’d love to take a look. I think a hardwire option would be better anyway.

Sponsored

BDSQACH

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger... Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Base
2 out of the 3 JBL BT speakers I have purchased have failed within 1-2 years due to battery life. The other one has lasted 5 years and going. I like the sound output and that you can link up to 2 together; however, I wish you could at least link 3 together.
- JBL & JBL extreme I think were the models.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At the link I posted above in the post that you replied to.
This is the sound bar from the manual you posted:
Ford Bronco JBL Sound Bar accessory review / impressions? 9B97DA24-7C04-49C9-AE90-53CA5A00CB30

This is the sound bar for the Bronco:
Ford Bronco JBL Sound Bar accessory review / impressions? 80A10BF4-A0CD-4547-AE57-40D10111268B

Are you sure they’re the same sound bar?

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please do not post information that you do not know. If you know it only connects via Bluetooth, show us how you know, as many want confirmation either way.. I keep seeing you or others posting it only connects to unit through Bluetooth. I have posted several times my quick research on the JBL site and Crutchfield, and while I am still trying to confirm it is the same that I ordered, I do not see any other that JBL makes. The one I have posted about has RCA’s, Bluetooth and 3.5 jack, the latter overriding the former when connected.

1IH

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe MaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is of ZERO interest from a Bluetooth speaker standpoint, I do not use them ever. Latency and low sound quality are Bains to an audio snob like me. The fact this can be hardwired into the head unit or even tapped off of a subwoofer is of interest though. Still would like to hear if anyone has heard this in person in a Bronco.

Ford Bronco JBL Sound Bar accessory review / impressions? 1626804082093

Sponsored

1IH

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe MaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is the sound bar from the manual you posted:
9B97DA24-7C04-49C9-AE90-53CA5A00CB30.jpeg

This is the sound bar for the Bronco:
80A10BF4-A0CD-4547-AE57-40D10111268B.jpeg

Are you sure they’re the same sound bar?
No I am not, but ASS-uming the Ford accessory one is an updated version of the 2017 JBL Rzr one........I will call my parts guy and try to be more accurate in my postings going forward.

Last edited:

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Was at offrodeo and the RR OB in the lobby has the soundbar. They had it pumping, sounded ok from the outside. It was definitely hardwired, but not sure if that was power only or power and speaker wires. Should of inspected closer. It sounds way better than the B&O system but that’s not saying much.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just looking for someone to confirm whether or not the soundbar in these links are the one for the Bronco. My dealer accessories guy has sent my questions to their zone rep to get answers, but I have not heard back yet. Anyone have one yet that can confirm?

Here is the link to JBL site, which has description of the multiple inputs and intelligent switching

https://www.jbl.com/marine-audio/JBL+STADIUM+AMPLIFIED+POWERSPORTS+SOUNDBAR.html

Here is the Crutchfield link re. same...

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-xAqD6i4pWmn/p_1094100BLM/JBL-Stadium-UB4100.html

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No I am not, but ASS-uming the Ford accessory one is an updated version of the 2017 JBL Rzr one........I will call my parts guy and try to be more accurate in my postings going forward.
I appreciate all your insight! Every bit of info we can dig up helps, since Ford has left us in the dark about a lot of things. Even if it’s not the exact same model, I’m sure there are some similarities considering it’s JBL.